Forums > Personal > beheading on bus

forum rss feed
Author

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 31 Jul 08, 14:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.canada.com/topics/news/national/story.html?id=7886faf4-e8e9-4217-ac1d-66563d16ec9f

So, in other words, unless people who were on the bus would have spoken up, the RCMP would have covered this one up too... ?

We're getting more and more like the US every day. Thanks, Uncle Steve, I mean, PM Harper.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 31 Jul 08, 16:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That's why I never ride the bus.

Hey Treasure Moment:
Does this kind of thing ever happen on the "short" bus?

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 31 Jul 08, 17:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Caton said the victim boarded in Edmonton, was Aboriginal in appearance, was wearing hip-hop clothing and appeared to be around 20 years of age."

Well FUCK yeah. That would explain a lot, knowing those jackass indians that live in this city, especially downtown (I am from Edmonton, so this does not surprise me one bit).

Sorry if I sound racist, but I do not feel sorry for this guy or his family at all.

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 31 Jul 08, 22:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Right.

I guess some people just deserve beheadings then?
*shrugs* That's what I call a world-view!

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 31 Jul 08, 22:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

inu-liger wrote:

"Caton said the victim boarded in Edmonton, was Aboriginal in appearance, was wearing hip-hop clothing and appeared to be around 20 years of age."

Well FUCK yeah. That would explain a lot, knowing those jackass indians that live in this city, especially downtown (I am from Edmonton, so this does not surprise me one bit).

Sorry if I sound racist, but I do not feel sorry for this guy or his family at all.

So you think an unprovoked beheading is justified simply because of what he was wearing?

What the hell is wrong with you? That's like me saying that an innocent black man who was beheaded in Philadelphia deserved it simply because he was wearing baggy jeans and a long white T-shirt.

Sergei. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Impresario, still
Sergei.
Deity: 4682 posts

Posted: 31 Jul 08, 23:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Imagine the chaos there must have been on that bus, and the driver trying to calm them down.

"All right ladies and gentlemen, have a seat, let's ALL not lose our heads.."

D:

[/Bad joke]

On that note, that's pretty fucked. Goddamn baboons.

Back whenever
inu-liger

Posted: 01 Aug 08, 00:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, perhaps I did take it too far with what I said. I was in a bit of a bad mood earlier.
But SOMETHING must have made the guy attack and kill the aboriginal guy next to him, whether or not he did or didn't provoke him. It could not have just been THAT random that he decided on the spot that very second to pull out a weapon (Don't they check carry-ons for that kind of shit???).
And I don't mean to say that the guy deserved it simply by being Native. For that, I'll apologize, since it did seem to be implied very much.

But for all we know, the guy coulda said something to him at the bus station here prior to boarding the bus, or during one of the pit stops (breaks), cos the news reports DID say the victim boarded the bus in Edmonton, and Manitoba is only two provinces away from mine.

I think if I read correctly, it didn't happen too long after they crossed the Saskatchewan-Manitoba provincial border, since this was very late at night when it did happen.

I don't have anything against different races, mind you. I'm not a racist person by heart. I have lots of friends who are of various races.
To be honest, I really shouldn't have anything against native people really. I've met a few very nice people that are Aboriginals.
But honestly though, I think I really don't care for them much now, because when it comes to dealing with customers at work and co-workers sometimes, I find the rudest and most verbally violent (at least) are the Aboriginal people, especially the homeless and drunk ones that reside downtown (partly thanks to the shelters being right nearby) and also make up a good portion of the Aboriginal population downtown. So you COULD say I'm basing my biased opinion of them on a small portion of their own people on the drunk and homeless.

Also, a lot of the native teenagers here (especially the males) have a huge preference for dressing up MTV gangster/50 Cent-style in order to look tough like they rule the town, and a lot of the girls dress up like sluts (though they're not the only ones who do that, needless to say....there are just as many caucasian girls who are also like that, but I find a lot of the native girls have a huge urge seeming that they HAVE to 'dress sexy', and look like they HAVE to get laid a lot.....or so I think when I seem them dressed like that in public).

And I'm not the only one I think who feels the way I do about not caring for the Aboriginal population here, really.

When I talk to some of my friends otherwise about the girls here and what types they would date, they often would say they would never date the native girls here cos, like I said, a lot of them dress up very slutty, and frankly for a good part of it, are not very attractive.

The media here also tends to have a very indirectly implied bias against the natives.
If you read a lot of the news articles here describing crimes and robberies where they're asking for any info on suspects, a lot of the time they usually make it a huge point to point out Aboriginals/Natives when they describe them, as opposed to other races (Caucasian, Asian, African, etc etc).
I guess part of ir has to do with the huge surge in gang violence here in Edmonton the last few years that's becoming a very serious problem (to the point of making our city's unofficial nickname "Deadmonton" very literal). And most of those gangs are made up of Aboriginal members.
You really don't hear of asian or black gangs in the news as much, if at all.

It doesn't seem taboo at all in the print media to even call them Natives/Indian(s) despite its slight political incorrectness, as opposed to using Black (African) in the same derogatory manner they do with the former.

I dunno, maybe I really should have kept my opinion to myself.
But honestly though, I just honestly am so displeased with those people that I deal with here on a day-to-day basis and how they mistreat myself and other crew, that I just developed my biased attitude towards them over time.

But I guess you could say too, they have just as huge a strong, if not much stronger bias against us whites cos of how we've screwed their ancestors over, and they can't seem to get over that even many generations later.

Stupid really.

inu-liger

Posted: 01 Aug 08, 00:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Imagine the chaos there must have been on that bus, and the driver trying to calm them down.

"All right ladies and gentlemen, have a seat, let's ALL not lose our heads.."

D:

[/Bad joke]

On that note, that's pretty fucked. Goddamn baboons.

If I may build on that bad joke, do you suppose he had a certain Roger Taylor-written song from AKOM on his iPod?

*runs*

And yes that is fucked otherwise. Shocking actually. Never heard of a decapitation occurring on a bus (transit or Greyhound), car, train or any type of transportation here in recent times.
Happens a few times at homes or apartments though.

But had the passengers not described the beheading, the media would certainly not have reported it. Like GH said, that detail would have been as "well" hidden as the Vancouver airport taser murder last year.

Dan C. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Dan C.
Royalty: 1544 posts

Posted: 01 Aug 08, 00:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

o_O

Sometimes that's all there is to say...

"The tri-tone is the Devil's interval, and he demands resolution." - Richard Lloyd
bobo the chimp

Posted: 01 Aug 08, 01:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

inu-liger wrote:

But SOMETHING must have made the guy attack and kill the aboriginal guy next to him, whether or not he did or didn't provoke him.

Nope.
Shit happens sometimes. You don't need to do anything out of the ordinary to get lynched these days.

But that's wackos for you!

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
inu-liger

Posted: 01 Aug 08, 02:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

inu-liger wrote:

But SOMETHING must have made the guy attack and kill the aboriginal guy next to him, whether or not he did or didn't provoke him.

Nope.
Shit happens sometimes. You don't need to do anything out of the ordinary to get lynched these days.

But that's wackos for you!

Fair enough.

I WAS attacked at a bus transit center randomly two years ago a month before I went to Vancouver to see Q+PR in concert (this was just past midnight when it happened, incidentally), and even had a knife put against my throat (no word of a lie!). But nothing serious happened to me (thank God I had my friends with me)

However, I have been left emotionally scarred to this day, in that I get really uncomfortable and nervous when I hear & know people are walking behind me (other than when I'm in a crowd) that I either can't see or don't want to look behind.

And no, it wasn't a native who attacked me (for those who think this would be reason for my bias)

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4707 posts

Posted: 01 Aug 08, 04:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

inu-liger wrote:

Put that on a post-it.

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
bobo the chimp

Posted: 01 Aug 08, 04:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

inu-liger wrote:

Fair enough.

I WAS attacked at a bus transit center randomly two years ago a month before I went to Vancouver to see Q+PR in concert (this was just past midnight when it happened, incidentally), and even had a knife put against my throat (no word of a lie!). But nothing serious happened to me (thank God I had my friends with me)

However, I have been left emotionally scarred to this day, in that I get really uncomfortable and nervous when I hear & know people are walking behind me (other than when I'm in a crowd) that I either can't see or don't want to look behind.

And no, it wasn't a native who attacked me (for those who think this would be reason for my bias)

Oh there's a thousand tales of it... I've known plenty of people who've been mugged or mobbed or attacked by nutters in public. I knew a guy who was faced with being knifed by thugs, or jumping off an embankment.
He got out of it with a broken arm, but I reckon that's a bargain!

inu-liger

Posted: 01 Aug 08, 04:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote:

inu-liger wrote:

Put that on a post-it.

Meh. Even if I bought them, it'll all clutter up and end up in the garbage like so many 'notes' I've written over time.

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6257 posts

Posted: 01 Aug 08, 06:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

inu-liger wrote:

Just goes to prove that you really are an insane motherfucker, like everyone on this planet already knows. Stick to your pathetic Pokémon and shut the fuck up, asshole.

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

thomasquinn 32989

Posted: 01 Aug 08, 06:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lester Burnham wrote:

inu-liger wrote:

So you think an unprovoked beheading is justified simply because of what he was wearing?

What the hell is wrong with you? That's like me saying that an innocent black man who was beheaded in Philadelphia deserved it simply because he was wearing baggy jeans and a long white T-shirt.

What the hell is wrong with him? Isn't it obvious? He wants attention, because he leads a completely useless life, has no friends, and can't get attention by normal means.

thomasquinn 32989

Posted: 01 Aug 08, 06:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

inu-liger wrote:

Holly2003 wrote:

inu-liger wrote:

Put that on a post-it.

Meh. Even if I bought them, it'll all clutter up and end up in the garbage like so many 'notes' I've written over time.

I'd rather you had it tattooed on your forehead before having your mouth sewn shut and your fingers amputated. That way, you might still be an asshole, but at least you'd be an unobtrusive one.

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 01 Aug 08, 07:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This story gave me nightmares.

I do not want any google ads here.

thomasquinn 32989

Posted: 01 Aug 08, 07:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm still practically vomiting at the thought. And to think Inu approves of this kind of thing...

Garfield I. Uberson user not visiting Queenzone.com
Garfield I. Uberson
Champion: 57 posts

Posted: 01 Aug 08, 07:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Does the attacker have any clinical history? :-S

Geezz... No wonder the world is going so good, we're so kind to each other and we wouldn't do anything to hurt the ones near us... Such a pity spirituality is so last Thursday...

remember how we dreamed

remember how we screamed

the vegetables were steamed...