Glende user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 16 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Tero user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1012 posts

Posted: 02 Aug 08, 05:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Is this a joke? that's what I think. :P

If it isn't, I'm glad they've given another job for that 11 year old girl who did the tour posters, but this really isn't something a professional band would put out...

Jer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 12 posts

Posted: 02 Aug 08, 05:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The idea's not bad but let down (again) by the exectution - no subtlety or much skill in the Photoshopping and typography. It looks like a first draft that's been OK'd as final artwork. Oh, and where's Paul's mikestand......?

new one user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 201 posts

Posted: 02 Aug 08, 05:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

C'mon guys its not that bad, I actually quite like it. Plus it will probably look much better once you actually have it in your hand. Whats more important is what on the CD. Please don't let it be crap, I've been looking forward to it for too long. C-lebrity sounds pretty good from the 45 sec. clip but hopefully theres some real good rockers on there.

Raf user not visiting Queenzone.com
Stop this noise!
Raf
Deity: 8274 posts

Posted: 02 Aug 08, 07:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No, it will NOT look good once we have the CD, because it'll be smaller than what we see on the computer screen, and the band will be pretty much invisible for us. We'll be able to tell there are three tiny guys on the corner, but we won't really see Brian's, Roger's and Paul's face cleary.

And let's face it... Thousands of people who have a little bit of experience with Photoshop could've done this very cover look much better if they had access to the original pic of the band.

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Universe rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin' to the mighty power of rock'n'roll!
pittrek user is on Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10071 posts

Posted: 02 Aug 08, 07:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's REALLY bad.
REALLY REALLY BAD.
MUCH worse then I expected.

The first "nebula" they used looks like a master piece compared to this

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 02 Aug 08, 07:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Raf wrote:

No, it will NOT look good once we have the CD, because it'll be smaller than what we see on the computer screen, and the band will be pretty much invisible for us. We'll be able to tell there are three tiny guys on the corner, but we won't really see Brian's, Roger's and Paul's face cleary.

Which leads me to believe this was optimized for an vinyl LP size cover :-)

dobo user not visiting Queenzone.com
dobo
Bohemian: 899 posts

Posted: 02 Aug 08, 07:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The cover of C-lebrity looks quite good,
not to impressed with the album cover though

Visit The Official Kings of Queen Myspace Which I Run: http://www.myspace.com/kingsofqueenfanpage

Trade List: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=56176
fly user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 95 posts

Posted: 02 Aug 08, 08:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's like little sperms traveling to their final destination. Font could be much nicer with some other colors. Just some foto of 3 of them could be much better, or just somo logo. Can't belive this is queen. They should hire Alex Solan to create the artwork. I'm still in doubts to buy Montreal 1981 because of the cover. Been allways fascinated with visual side of the queen, especially from the 1970s queen, their costumes, album covers, and all that. Can't belive this the artwork for the studio queen album.

dbruce user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 163 posts

Posted: 02 Aug 08, 08:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I actually quite like it. Yes, very basic looking, but I can't help but like it. Perhaps with the nebula background sitting behind the black it would add a little more to it.

Haven't seen the C-Leb cover yet as my Album Club access isn't working just yet and I'm assuming their tech support don't work weekends!

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 02 Aug 08, 08:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.queenonline.com/qpr/uploads/050562e4cbb388f4a76045ea32c18a5a.jpg

Posted: 02 Aug 08, 08:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow!
Queen on some new planet taking the samples for Brian's new research, or somewhere in the desert hopeing to meet Jim Morrison. Sorry for been sarcastic but I wrilly don't like this new covers.

djcamper user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 170 posts

Posted: 02 Aug 08, 08:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They should make somthing like this
http://www.zonicweb.net:80/badalbmcvrs/poohman.jpg

Hitman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2217 posts

Posted: 02 Aug 08, 09:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bah
i really don't like this album cover with the slimey bugs crawling. is it so difficult to put a pic of the milky way (just a better idea) in the background?
come on...

Anything too stupid to be said... is sung.
kingogre user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 425 posts

Posted: 02 Aug 08, 11:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

fly wrote:

Can't belive this is queen.

The Works, the Miracle, A kind of magic, the Game... Queen have hardly been the best album cover band until now have they..

Like I wrote somewhere else this looks modern and forwardlooking. Think its nice that they just dont settle for retro.

QueenSite user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1191 posts

Posted: 02 Aug 08, 11:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

don't get me wrong, I'm really happy about the new single/album/tour, but, about artworks, from 2005 we didn't get great stuff (tour programme cover, ROTC sleeve, the new phoenix logo, etc.). I know that it's what's inside that counts, but you know...
Funny, I remember when the "A kind of magic" album was released, I hated the cover and waited for one month before buying it :-)
But, except that one, I've always found Queen's sleeves very good and original

http://utenti.lycos.it/queensite02

Please visit my site devoted to Queen! Lots of rare pix and memorabilia featured!
thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6256 posts

Posted: 02 Aug 08, 11:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Raf wrote:

No, it will NOT look good once we have the CD, because it'll be smaller than what we see on the computer screen, and the band will be pretty much invisible for us.

And you're telling me that's not an improvement? Hell, I'd like to see it released on 3" cd-single if the artwork is this bad.

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

Posted: 02 Aug 08, 11:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The wiseman or someone else ones said "don't judge a book by a cover", but after watching this covers a few times, it wrilly hurts my eyes.
Since pretty much everything on it is influenced by Brian May and he is astrophysicist: the title,sand, 3 of the on some planet saveing the human race and trying to discover the meaning of live and all that. I just wonder what the cover would look like if the Roger Taylor would be the most influental in the band and he is the dentis! Would we see his secret dental office with his favourite tooth paste and tooth brush in the background. And probably on the back cover would be a long description how properly to wash your tooth. Don't know what's Paul Rodgers occupation, so that we can have a third version of a cover!?

mooghead user not visiting Queenzone.com
mooghead
Deity: 3665 posts

Posted: 02 Aug 08, 12:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The 'stars' look like sperms (and I'm not talking about three blokes)

Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 02 Aug 08, 12:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is a joke. And a terrible one.
Cannot believe anyone would pay for such thing... And we were complaining about ROTC or Montreal... This is crap. Crap- literally...