Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > New fan song: Pain Is So Close To Pleasure by Hairless Boys

forum rss feed
Author

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Aug 08, 06:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Here is a new addition to the QZ fan cover collection - a song which is not covered that often.

I also forgot to announce Killer Queen by Bernie Garzio.

Listen and enjoy

http://www.queenzone.com/queenzone/stage_of_champions.aspx

I do not want any google ads here.

mooghead user not visiting Queenzone.com
mooghead
Deity: 3668 posts

Posted: 10 Aug 08, 17:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That was truly awful. How do you have the nerve?

victor fleitas user not visiting Queenzone.com
victor fleitas
Bohemian: 209 posts

Posted: 10 Aug 08, 20:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I like Your cover! really nice... really good mix... but a heavier bass will be great... you have a nice voice, and you perform the song very like freddie... really nice cover... love that song....

I hope my covers get uploaded soon... hehehe... XD

vinou62 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 4 posts

Posted: 11 Aug 08, 06:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

great great job, nice and soft.
Congratulations

Rubbersuit user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 331 posts

Posted: 11 Aug 08, 10:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Pretty good. Not a great Queen song to begin with but and enjoyable remake.

I like the idea of fan covers but honestly the only one I ever go back to is Luciano Fat Bottomed Girls.

Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6328 posts

Posted: 11 Aug 08, 12:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I like the bass. Vocals are good but IMO they need more reverb or a more 'foreground' mix. Somehow they're too 'dry', especially the harmonies, but they're well-sung (particularly the ones in the middle-eight, love them!), so it's only a matter of EQ IMHO.

If I may ask: what gear did you use? I like that 'monster-bass'. I missed the two seconds of piano that the original version has... normally I like it when people deviate from the album/single, but in this case a 'fill' was much needed.

Very good job all in all, keep them coming! (What about Keep Passing the Open Windows or Lily of the Valley?)

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
ludwigs user not visiting Queenzone.com
ludwigs
Bohemian: 459 posts

Posted: 13 Aug 08, 07:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lily of the Valley??

I am just about ready to finish the bass, add a few more cymbals and mine is done.... :)

....and Princes of the Universe,The Miracle, Flick, Innuendo,AKOM,You and I,Night Comes Down...etc etc....

Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 13 Aug 08, 13:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Shame about the MP3 splishy splashy sounds. 128kbps is a bit wimpy these days, isn't it.

Anyway, I like the sound of the bass at the start - very like the original. Got me back into how the song sounded. Good reminder, ya know? Your voice works really well on this track, especially with the double-tracking. Nice and loose. Nicely done. Good backing vocals, too. Really works well.

Drums are a bit too dry and just need some gentle reverb to spread it into the background a spot. Just a smidge. Nice guitar add-ins at the beginning and end. Nicely blended in. Just a shame going into the 2nd verse they're a little weird sounding there.

Overall, a very good cover of this particular song. Only thing it probably lacks is an overall compression to really bring all these elements in the song together. Otherwise, cool.

Adam.

FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 14 Aug 08, 04:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Pretty good,

But I want to play Guess the Accent..

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)