Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Dedication made to Freddie on New Album!!

forum rss feed
Author

Martyn 90 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 16 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Aug 08, 10:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Cosmos Rocks Press release has announced that the album credits will feature a dedication to Freddie Mercury
Nice Touch!
With thanks to John Deacon and Paul Kossoff as well!

Daveboy35 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 619 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Aug 08, 11:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah nice touch boys they could have not mentioned any of them but they have because they TRULY feel they should.


Yes we'll keep on tryin

we'll tread that fine line

oh oh we'll keep on tryin

till the end of time

till the end of time.



L-R-TIGER1994 user not visiting Queenzone.com
member of the Royal Family
L-R-TIGER1994
Deity: 3652 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Aug 08, 12:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Probably they felt ashamed for the new album and did it so as to keep Freddie memory clean who knows?


Heap big woman you made an asshole outta me....gimme your bums and ride!!!!!!
Tero user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1012 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Aug 08, 15:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nice touch or a simple plot to exploit the feelings of the Queen fans...

I guess we already know which posters are leaning to which explanation, and there's no way to prove anything one way or the other.

I guess that wraps up this discussion. :P

masterstroke_84 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 542 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Aug 08, 15:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote


only a lunatic can think that sort of things...

the level of stupidity in some arguments is scary.




Queen rocks!
Dan C. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Dan C.
Royalty: 1544 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Aug 08, 15:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I never had a doubt in my mind that they WOULD dedicate it to Freddie. I guarantee you that if they didn't, people would piss and moan about it.

"Wah! They're not keeping Freddie's memory alive!"

"Wah! They're trying to erase Freddie's legacy!"

"Wah! Insert random pissy Queen fan response here!"

That's about how I think it would be.


"The tri-tone is the Devil's interval, and he demands resolution." - Richard Lloyd
PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Aug 08, 15:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Basically Brian and Roger are fucked either way. Personally I think it's a nice touch.

Tero user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1012 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Aug 08, 15:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What I personally think is that as long as they are using the Queen name, they have to keep mentioning Freddie in an effort to not piss off those people who were fans of the band with four members.

If they were releasing solo albums or had come up with a new name for the band, no one would expect them to mention Freddie... Freddie isn't mentioned on the credits of Brian's Live At Brixton Academy and Furia, or Roger's Electric Fire album, and no one thinks Brian and Roger are heartless bastards because of that.


The dedication is nothing more than an "insurance" they can use against people who say they're ignoring Freddie as an integral part of the band.

kingogre user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 425 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Aug 08, 16:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Tero wrote:

What I personally think is that as long as they are using the Queen name, they have to keep mentioning Freddie in an effort to not piss off those people who were fans of the band with four members.

If they were releasing solo albums or had come up with a new name for the band, no one would expect them to mention Freddie... Freddie isn't mentioned on the credits of Brian's Live At Brixton Academy and Furia, or Roger's Electric Fire album, and no one thinks Brian and Roger are heartless bastards because of that.


The dedication is nothing more than an "insurance" they can use against people who say they're ignoring Freddie as an integral part of the band.


Sorry to be starting this discussion again... ;)

But dont you think that they, who actually knew the guy, has feelings about his passing? And above all a thousand times more so than some "fans" who were hardly born to even see him perform?
You talk like you own the memory of the guy or something..

Therell never be any conclusion about this. No matter what they do about anything theyll do wrong to some people and I think that that says more about those people than the rest of us.

Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Aug 08, 16:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Is it one thread per sentence of each press release then?

Knute user not visiting Queenzone.com
Knute
Bohemian: 807 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Aug 08, 21:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

kingogre wrote:

Tero wrote:

What I personally think is that as long as they are using the Queen name, they have to keep mentioning Freddie in an effort to not piss off those people who were fans of the band with four members.

If they were releasing solo albums or had come up with a new name for the band, no one would expect them to mention Freddie... Freddie isn't mentioned on the credits of Brian's Live At Brixton Academy and Furia, or Roger's Electric Fire album, and no one thinks Brian and Roger are heartless bastards because of that.


The dedication is nothing more than an "insurance" they can use against people who say they're ignoring Freddie as an integral part of the band.


Sorry to be starting this discussion again... ;)

But dont you think that they, who actually knew the guy, has feelings about his passing? And above all a thousand times more so than some "fans" who were hardly born to even see him perform?
You talk like you own the memory of the guy or something..

Therell never be any conclusion about this. No matter what they do about anything theyll do wrong to some people and I think that that says more about those people than the rest of us.


I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Tero believes in that cynical mind of his that Brian and Roger are actually glad that Freddie died.

Mrs. Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 21 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Aug 08, 21:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think its cute and appropriate and I imagine it's genuine considering how close they all were. I am a very big Freddie fan but I want to give the new album a chance. Of course it won't be the same, but maybe they will shock the hell out of us and it will be fantastic in a whole new way!! You never know...




iron eagle user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3793 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Aug 08, 23:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

carrbarus county rocks!

execellent reply......




ps. i am suppose to be in stanly county next month-- pfeiffer reunion...suppose to stay in *drumroll* concord....dont know if can get off work yet or not..but thats the plan...




i got a way with the boys on my block.. :-)

steven 35638 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Band ten hut!
steven 35638
Deity: 2132 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Aug 08, 00:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Tero wrote:



If they were releasing solo albums or had come up with a new name for the band, no one would expect them to mention Freddie... Freddie isn't mentioned on the credits of Brian's Live At Brixton Academy and Furia, or Roger's Electric Fire album, and no one thinks Brian and Roger are heartless bastards because of that.




I wish to point out the following. The album 'Happiness?' is indeed dedicated to Freddie, as it states, "dedicated to the tasmanian tiger - thylacinus cynocephalus...but most especially Freddie." In addition, Brian May dedicated his album 'Back to the Light' to Freddie as well. Brian May states "This album is dedicated to Harold May, Alfred Dobson, and Freddie Mercury." You're right to say that the other albums weren't dedicated to him.


"Fuck today, it's tomorrow." - Freddie Mercury
Tero user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1012 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Aug 08, 02:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Steven wrote:

Tero wrote:



If they were releasing solo albums or had come up with a new name for the band, no one would expect them to mention Freddie... Freddie isn't mentioned on the credits of Brian's Live At Brixton Academy and Furia, or Roger's Electric Fire album, and no one thinks Brian and Roger are heartless bastards because of that.




I wish to point out the following. The album 'Happiness?' is indeed dedicated to Freddie, as it states, "dedicated to the tasmanian tiger - thylacinus cynocephalus...but most especially Freddie." In addition, Brian May dedicated his album 'Back to the Light' to Freddie as well. Brian May states "This album is dedicated to Harold May, Alfred Dobson, and Freddie Mercury." You're right to say that the other albums weren't dedicated to him.


Yes, the FIRST album by both artists was dedicated to Freddie, but all the subsequent ones weren't. That's the point.

Obviously he isn't THAT much missed by the guys on their solo projects, but they feel somehow necessary to mention him on this solo project...

That's quite a coincidence, and makes one think whether a BRP album would be dedicated to him?

Tero user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1012 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Aug 08, 02:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Knute wrote:


I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Tero believes in that cynical mind of his that Brian and Roger are actually glad that Freddie died.


And I wouldn't be one bit surprise if you were ecstatic about Freddie dying and Paul being given a chance to replace him...

See, we can both come up with fictional scenarios to make each other sound like heartless bastards. ;)

kingogre user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 425 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Aug 08, 04:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Tero wrote:

Steven wrote:

Tero wrote:



If they were releasing solo albums or had come up with a new name for the band, no one would expect them to mention Freddie... Freddie isn't mentioned on the credits of Brian's Live At Brixton Academy and Furia, or Roger's Electric Fire album, and no one thinks Brian and Roger are heartless bastards because of that.




I wish to point out the following. The album 'Happiness?' is indeed dedicated to Freddie, as it states, "dedicated to the tasmanian tiger - thylacinus cynocephalus...but most especially Freddie." In addition, Brian May dedicated his album 'Back to the Light' to Freddie as well. Brian May states "This album is dedicated to Harold May, Alfred Dobson, and Freddie Mercury." You're right to say that the other albums weren't dedicated to him.


Yes, the FIRST album by both artists was dedicated to Freddie, but all the subsequent ones weren't. That's the point.

Obviously he isn't THAT much missed by the guys on their solo projects, but they feel somehow necessary to mention him on this solo project...

That's quite a coincidence, and makes one think whether a BRP album would be dedicated to him?


Seriously this is ridiculous...

Why cant you just forget about those outtakes for a moment and listen to some other music... You must spend every waking moment hating Brian and Roger.

Tero user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1012 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Aug 08, 04:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

kingogre wrote:

Tero wrote:

Steven wrote:

Tero wrote:



If they were releasing solo albums or had come up with a new name for the band, no one would expect them to mention Freddie... Freddie isn't mentioned on the credits of Brian's Live At Brixton Academy and Furia, or Roger's Electric Fire album, and no one thinks Brian and Roger are heartless bastards because of that.




I wish to point out the following. The album 'Happiness?' is indeed dedicated to Freddie, as it states, "dedicated to the tasmanian tiger - thylacinus cynocephalus...but most especially Freddie." In addition, Brian May dedicated his album 'Back to the Light' to Freddie as well. Brian May states "This album is dedicated to Harold May, Alfred Dobson, and Freddie Mercury." You're right to say that the other albums weren't dedicated to him.


Yes, the FIRST album by both artists was dedicated to Freddie, but all the subsequent ones weren't. That's the point.

Obviously he isn't THAT much missed by the guys on their solo projects, but they feel somehow necessary to mention him on this solo project...

That's quite a coincidence, and makes one think whether a BRP album would be dedicated to him?


Seriously this is ridiculous...

Why cant you just forget about those outtakes for a moment and listen to some other music... You must spend every waking moment hating Brian and Roger.


Did I mention outtakes in this topic? I don't think I did.
Did I say I hate Brian and Roger? No, I didn't do that either.

I'm glad we got that sorted out.


Perhaps you can now return to the original topic as well. Thanks!

kingogre user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 425 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Aug 08, 04:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We have just spent a week discussing the tracklisting, were you directly stated that the reason for you not liking this is that it interfers with the regular releases, i.e. the outtakes.

Your conspiracy theories are quite frankly ridiculous.

Tero user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1012 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Aug 08, 04:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

kingogre wrote:

We have just spent a week discussing the tracklisting, were you directly stated that the reason for you not liking this is that it interfers with the regular releases, i.e. the outtakes.

Your conspiracy theories are quite frankly ridiculous.


Please don't bring other topics in here to distract the actual issue.

You say my opinion is a conspiracy theory, and that's your right.


So what's your theory?

That Brian and Roger just keep forgetting everything about Freddie on every one out of two albums they make, and it's purely a coincidence that this time they do remember him?

Don't you find that the LEAST bit odd?