Forums > Personal > Fuck Tibet

forum rss feed
Author

P-Staker user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 218 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Aug 08, 10:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

One international affair that ticks me off to no end is the unwarranted nice treatment received by a juju doctor from backwater China calling himself a leader of Tibet.

Countries that are very willing to suppress separatists at home, such as Great Britain and Spain, readily welcome this figure who has no business in a modern society.

Dalai Lama is the most un-democratic leader on the planet. He's not elected but chosen as a child based on a completely unverifiable (and, some would say, superstitious) belief that he's a reincarnation of some Buddhist big cheese or other.

That's as if a president of a Western country was chosen for being the Second Coming of Jesus.

Recently, Tibetans have shown complete disregard for the tradition and message of peace contained in the Olympic Games, and abused it for their political goals. Yet, instead of showing them their place, the West swallowed it up like it swallows Dalai Lama's cheap, instant spirituality.

I say, fuck Tibet.

Freya is quietly judging you. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Meh.
Freya is quietly judging you.
Deity: 5913 posts

Posted: 14 Aug 08, 11:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

China should get right out of Tibet, everybody knows that.

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6257 posts

Posted: 14 Aug 08, 11:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Dalai Lama's no saint, despite what his followers say (as he is quite fond of stirring up shit), but this guy is pushing it. No, their leader is no hero, but what China does to Tibet and the Tibetans resembles Stalin at his worst, after having taken private lessons with Hitler and Djengis Khan.

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 14 Aug 08, 11:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No way. Fuck the Chinese Olympics. It's a total fucking farce that they should never have been allowed to host in the first place.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 14 Aug 08, 11:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fuck Brad Pitt.

thomasquinn 32989

Posted: 14 Aug 08, 11:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

P-Staker wrote:

I say, fuck Tibet.

Congratulations. I hear Gary Glitter is on his way as we speak.

Lady Nyx user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1172 posts

Posted: 14 Aug 08, 12:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ThomasQuinn wrote:

P-Staker wrote:

I say, fuck Tibet.

Congratulations. I hear Gary Glitter is on his way as we speak.

BA-zing!

"why pay the visit when the visit is free?"
Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 14 Aug 08, 15:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

P-Staker wrote:

Dalai Lama is the most un-democratic leader on the planet. He's not elected but chosen as a child based on a completely unverifiable (and, some would say, superstitious) belief that he's a reincarnation of some Buddhist big cheese or other.

Let's go get that son of a bitch!!! Him and Jim Hutton. Damn them. Damn them both to hell!!!

P-Staker wrote:

Recently, Tibetans have shown complete disregard for the tradition and message of peace contained in the Olympic Games, and abused it for their political goals.

No, it's just hard to swim and play basketball wearing those robes. But it would sure look cool.
Go Team Tibet!

Garfield I. Uberson user not visiting Queenzone.com
Garfield I. Uberson
Champion: 57 posts

Posted: 14 Aug 08, 16:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Free Willy!!!

remember how we dreamed

remember how we screamed

the vegetables were steamed...
Music Man user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2346 posts

Posted: 14 Aug 08, 17:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dude...China is just a gathering place for a bunch of people to play games internationally and distribute medals. They're not making it the capital of the world.

Creativity can always cover for a lack of knowledge.
Raf user not visiting Queenzone.com
Stop this noise!
Raf
Deity: 8274 posts

Posted: 14 Aug 08, 19:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

No way. Fuck the Chinese Olympics. It's a total fucking farce that they should never have been allowed to host in the first place.

Ditto. Am I the only one here boycotting them?

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Universe rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin' to the mighty power of rock'n'roll!
Mr Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam who?????
Mr Mercury
Deity: 4632 posts

Posted: 14 Aug 08, 19:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Raf wrote:

Zebonka12 wrote:

Ditto. Am I the only one here boycotting them?

Nah. I havent bothered my ass watching it either. And what pisses me off is that I have to pay a TV licence fee so that the BBC can broadcast the fucking thing.

"Normally i can't dance to save my life.

But as soon as I step in dog shit, I can moonwalk better than Michael Jackson."
Freya is quietly judging you. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Meh.
Freya is quietly judging you.
Deity: 5913 posts

Posted: 14 Aug 08, 21:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Quite.

Oh well, tradition and that.

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 15 Aug 08, 04:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queenzone is not blocked in Bejing, therefore I hijack this thread for posting a link to the website of a German TV show website which hosts blocked Human Rights websites

http://www3.ndr.de/ndrtv_pages_std/0,3147,SPM18542,00.html

The Chinese people should have the option to see everything even if they don't agree to the content.

I do not want any google ads here.

thomasquinn 32989

Posted: 15 Aug 08, 04:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So, consequently, we'll have been blocked by now :)

Or perhaps Hu Jintao secretly listens to decadent western popular music by sexual deviants (i.e. Queen) at night :P

thomasquinn 32989

Posted: 15 Aug 08, 04:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YourValentine wrote:

Queenzone is not blocked in Bejing, therefore I hijack this thread for posting a link to the website of a German TV show website which hosts blocked Human Rights websites

http://www3.ndr.de/ndrtv_pages_std/0,3147,SPM18542,00.html

The Chinese people should have the option to see everything even if they don't agree to the content.

Wouldn't the destination of that link be blocked in China?

YourValentine

Posted: 15 Aug 08, 05:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Not yet - they are online in Bejing since August 6th.

Edit: I misunderstood the question. The website does not link to the blocked websites but hosts the content on pdf pages thus allowing Chinese visitors to view the "forbidden" content.

thomasquinn 32989

Posted: 15 Aug 08, 05:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YourValentine wrote:

Not yet - they are online in Bejing since August 6th.

Edit: I misunderstood the question. The website does not link to the blocked websites but hosts the content on pdf pages thus allowing Chinese visitors to view the "forbidden" content.

So, it's just a matter of time before the Chinese block *that* website, I'm afraid...

John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts

Posted: 15 Aug 08, 09:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freya is quietly judging you. wrote:

China should get right out of Tibet, everybody knows that.

First: Freya, I am confused by your argument - Tibet IS in China and not vice-versa, so your comments do not make sense.
The UK is a principality made up of Scotland, England, Northern Ireland and Wales. So to paraphrase your own comment:

"Britain should get right out of Wales, everybody knows that" - doesn't make sense does it?

Second: Despite propaganda in the West, the Chinese DO support and accept religious freedom as part of their social fabric - but there are conditions.

In China - freedom of religion is acceptable provided that religious belief is kept private. That is - religion of the self and state are kept seperate.
Granted, most Chinese are traditionally Buddhists anyway, but there are indeed Catholic, Protestant, Hindu, Muslim and Jewish Chinese - worshipping in very grand Cathedrals, Mosques and Synagogues.
Indeed, I find it very ironic that George Dubya found the need to criticise Chinese religious freedoms from inside a Chinese protestant church!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/olympics/2514873/Beijing-Olympics-George-W-Bush-attacks-China-on-human-rights-ahead-of-Games.html
"Mr Bush will however make a symbolic gesture of support for China's Christian community by attending a protestant church on Sunday in Beijing, albeit one that is part of the state-backed official church".

Essentially: Any Chinese person IS free to worship how they will. They are allowed to meet in Temples or Church (Ironically it was Mao's cultural revolution which restored many grand Buddhist temples), along with like-minded individuals.
However, for the sake of social order, the Chinese also believe it to be a bad thing to take religion "outside".
This means no "Orange Walks" in China. No Hare Krishna's at Airports. No Gospel choirs in the park, no Mormons knocking on doors - and I guess more importantly - no bombs on busses by relious fanatical extremists - but inside the home - or inside the church building - you can drink as much "opium for the masses" until your soul is content.

Living in Scotland, I know first hand the derisive problems whereby judging someone by the colour of their scarf is perceieved as more important than judging someone by the colour of their skin.
So I actually AGREE with the Chinese policy. In my view, I see this as doing more good for society than evil - and I do not see this as a human rights issue at all. (In my opinion!).

So back to Tibet.
Tibet is in China. Tibet is subject to Chinese law. Tibetan Buddhists are FREE to worship as they will. Indeed there is a special Budhist temple set aside for the Dali Lama in Beijing should he ever wish to return - and the Chinese government have approached him to do so.

The Chinese have no problem with Tibet. The problem arises because the Dali Lama wants to shout from the rooftops. Tibetan's themselves are not really interested in economical or political independance. Rather, they too support the Lama's "claim" to crow like a cockeral.
Unfortunately, they live in a society which forbids them from doing so - ergo conflict of interests.

Remember, China is home to around 2.5 billion people. This is likely to double in the next 20 years. The logistics of such sizes are phenominal - and keeping religion to self - in my mind - the correct decission at the correct time.

But I am open to debate.

"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."
YourValentine

Posted: 15 Aug 08, 10:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Very interesting thoughts, John. While I agree with you that religion should be private and not dominate public life, I still think that people have a right to decide themselves how their state should work. Apparently, you accept the Chinese position that Tibet is an integral part of China while many Tibetians claim that Tibet is under unlawful Chinese occupation. What do you think about this?