Forums > Personal > Is this Christianity?

forum rss feed
Author

The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Aug 08, 09:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/212311/bba8fbca/wie_er_ook_dood_moet.html

-.-'

Killed by drones.
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 15 Aug 08, 09:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't know if this is Christianity but all I know is that Nestle bottled water is the water of the Lord.
Praise the Lord... and Nestle too!

...and remember that for every Nestle Crunch bar you eat, Jesus forgives one of your sins.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 15 Aug 08, 10:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh it's awesome, I dunno if 'Gloria Jeans' is just an Australian thing - but it's a chain of coffee shops run by Christians.

Can you believe that? God in a cup. Enlightenment AND a perky little frapaccino to get your day started..... honestly.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts

Posted: 15 Aug 08, 12:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow. Those poor kids. The one who dropped to his knees... it's so sad to see them in such pain over 'sins' they've committed. And did you see how they applauded when she said Harry Potter would have been put to death? A new generation of extremists sits right there.

"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 15 Aug 08, 18:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This I think is why religion and its activies need to be severely limited, restricted access to, or abolished altogether.

That woman scares me, the way she talks.

Those kids don't need to be 'scared' like that.

And I'm sick of hearing this shit about serving the Lord everyday, blah blah blah, and all this purity crap.

I serve MYSELF first before I do anything else for anyone else. I'm not working for some imaginary, fictional character belonging to the world's 'best-selling' bedtime fiction novel.

AspiringPhilosophe user not visiting Queenzone.com
AspiringPhilosophe
Royalty: 1711 posts

Posted: 15 Aug 08, 20:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh that's rich. "No more hypocrisy!" she says. Pfft. I've found that the more religious you claim to be, the more hypocritical you are.

How dare she do that to these kids? Scare them into thinking that they are going straight to hell, making them cry and falling over. That is psychological abuse. Period.

And, unfortunately to answer Bu's question; Yes. In too many places in America, this is Christianity. It makes me sick, but sadly it's true.

Formerly MHG
Dan C. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Dan C.
Royalty: 1544 posts

Posted: 15 Aug 08, 21:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Boy, I'd like to club that crazy bitch in the head.

"The tri-tone is the Devil's interval, and he demands resolution." - Richard Lloyd
thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6257 posts

Posted: 16 Aug 08, 06:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There's nothing wrong with Christianity as such. There are actually quite a few passages in the bible, even the New Testament, that make sense (even though it is quite obvious that the Old Testament was written by a more intellectual group of people than the New Testament).

However, organized religion is not just un-Christian (as it is by definition dogmatic, and by clinging to the literal interpretation, as many protestants and some catholics do, the very idolatry that is warned against), but plain evil. Any church of any kinds is by definition a demagogue institution, in which an authoritative voice (preacher, reverend, priest or whatever) tells, usually less intelligent people, what to think and do.

If a complete list were ever made of how many people were killed for an idea, the number of people killed for some travesty of "Christianity" would top

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

Mr.Jingles

Posted: 16 Aug 08, 09:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That clip is from 'Jesus Camp', a documentary where you don't know whether to laugh or actually be scared.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
magicalfreddiemercury

Posted: 16 Aug 08, 09:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles wrote:

That clip is from 'Jesus Camp', a documentary where you don't know whether to laugh or actually be scared.

If what I've read about this documentary is true, then due to public outcry, "Jesus Camp" is no more. I'd celebrate, but all that says to me is that this abuse is going on in less public ways.

Did you know - in the full video, these kids are shown praying to a cut out of GW Bush? According to them (and him, apparently), he's been chosen by god to lead the USA, and so they pray to him on bended knee. Besides being ridiculous, doesn't that go against one of the mainstays of Christianity?

"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury

its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts

Posted: 16 Aug 08, 09:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dan Corson VIII: I Am Sunshine wrote:

Boy, I'd like to club that crazy bitch in the head.

Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 16 Aug 08, 10:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I blame the parents for subjecting their children to that. There are crazies all over the world but it is the parents' job to protect their children from them.

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!

Mr.Jingles

Posted: 16 Aug 08, 11:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The saddest part is that in most cases kids raised by overly religious fundamentalist parents are very likely to wind up in one extreme or the other.

They either become mentally brainwashed as they were raised to be, or they would rebel against everything they were told to believe, and become intolerant radical atheists like Treasure Moment.

Personally, I can't pick which one is the two is the worst.

FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 16 Aug 08, 18:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lisser wrote:

I blame the parents for subjecting their children to that. There are crazies all over the world but it is the parents' job to protect their children from them.

I agree, it´s just another form of severe child abuse

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)
inu-liger

Posted: 16 Aug 08, 23:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FriedChicken wrote:

Lisser wrote:

I agree, it´s just another form of severe child abuse

Agreed.
They're only going to grow up in an environment of fear and hate, and that will turn them into extremist haters down the line.

I can't believe parents would be willing to subject their children to this cruel and undeserved environment and treatment.
These kids need to be happy and carefree, not fearful and restricted.

inu-liger

Posted: 16 Aug 08, 23:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles wrote:

The saddest part is that in most cases kids raised by overly religious fundamentalist parents are very likely to wind up in one extreme or the other.

They either become mentally brainwashed as they were raised to be, or they would rebel against everything they were told to believe, and become intolerant radical atheists like Treasure Moment.

Personally, I can't pick which one is the two is the worst.

Very Touché

magicalfreddiemercury

Posted: 16 Aug 08, 23:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

inu-liger wrote:

I can't believe parents would be willing to subject their children to this cruel and undeserved environment and treatment.
These kids need to be happy and carefree, not fearful and restricted.

I agree and yet we have to face the saddest part of this - these parents believe they're saving their children's souls by placing them in situations like this one. They see their children's tears as an understanding, a cleansing, whereas we see it for what it is - guilt and fear, brainwashing and abuse.

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6257 posts

Posted: 18 Aug 08, 08:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That is exactly why organized religion is so evil. People tell other people what to believe, and in a few generations at most that will escalate to a kind of group-schizophrenia.

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

Poo, again user not visiting Queenzone.com
Poo, again
Deity: 4776 posts

Posted: 18 Aug 08, 09:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm very sure Jesus wouldn't have approved of this.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Jake? wrote: I want him to shove it down my throat and shoot. Shoot! Shoot! C'mon! SHOOT! SHOOT!

[/QUOTENAME]

[/QUOTE]

Mr.Jingles

Posted: 18 Aug 08, 10:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ThomasQuinn wrote:

That is exactly why organized religion is so evil.

Not all religious organizations are as fucked up as the fundamentalist wackos from 'Jesus Camp'.

I personally appreciate it when religious organizations hold fund raisings where the money goes directly towards people in need without pushing for a religious agenda.
Personally I don't believe in organized religion, but I do respect and I'm motivated to lend a hand when I see that their willingness to help comes straight from the heart.

Of course, only the hatred filled fundamentalist nuts are the ones that make the headline news. Not because they want to make religion look bad, but because sensationalism sells.