Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > North American Release Delayed

forum rss feed
Author

PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Aug 08, 20:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

New release date for the album is October 28th.

C-lebrity will be a digital single on September 2nd.

steven 35638 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Band ten hut!
steven 35638
Deity: 2132 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Aug 08, 21:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Not surprised.

Luckily I pre-ordered the album. I should get it in the mail sometime in September, I hope.


"Fuck today, it's tomorrow." - Freddie Mercury
Dan C. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Dan C.
Royalty: 1544 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Aug 08, 21:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Christ... that's a long way off. Looks like I'll be buying the UK version.


"The tri-tone is the Devil's interval, and he demands resolution." - Richard Lloyd
Grantcdn1 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 104 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Aug 08, 23:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That sucks....maybe they feel they can promote it better at that time somehow

.......but I have also pre-ordered the album and since it probably won't get here soon enough I'm sure I'll just end up downloading everything the first minute I can....

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Aug 08, 03:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Steven wrote:

Not surprised.

Luckily I pre-ordered the album. I should get it in the mail sometime in September, I hope.


Same. I put in a preorder with Amazon UK not too long ago.

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Aug 08, 06:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I preordered it from QOL because they promised to release it on September 1st and they took my money from paypal within 10 hours, so I hope they deliver promptly.


I do not want any google ads here.

cmsdrums user not visiting Queenzone.com
cmsdrums
Deity: 3039 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Aug 08, 06:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I can't understand why different territories have different release dates now, in this age of nstant digital downloads, online internet ordering etc..

I would imagine a lot of hardcore fans in the US wil get it on import, and therefore the US chart position wil suffer when it is finally released

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Aug 08, 07:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YourValentine wrote:

I preordered it from QOL because they promised to release it on September 1st and they took my money from paypal within 10 hours, so I hope they deliver promptly.


http://www.digitalstores.co.uk/queenonline/home.jsp?CategoryPK=unittest-ZkFPwxmhQPJAPHA2qN3IEb-1142

Exclusive Fan Club Tour Edition with slip case and exclusive poster
To ship 15th September


inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Aug 08, 07:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

cmsdrums wrote:

I can't understand why different territories have different release dates now, in this age of nstant digital downloads, online internet ordering etc..

I would imagine a lot of hardcore fans in the US wil get it on import, and therefore the US chart position wil suffer when it is finally released


I plan to buy the CD when it comes out in Canada anyways, regardless of the delay or the fact I'm importing from the UK. As well as the vinyl whenever it's up for order online.

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Aug 08, 11:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

When I ordered it, they said shipping date is September 1st. I should not believe them if they tell me the time :-(


I do not want any google ads here.

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Aug 08, 11:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YourValentine wrote:

When I ordered it, they said shipping date is September 1st. I should not believe them if they tell me the time :-(


That's QOL for you.