Forums > Personal > Obama's VP choice

forum rss feed
Author

magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Aug 08, 10:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So what's the consensus on Joe Biden as Obama's pick for Vice President?



"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury



thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6257 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Aug 08, 11:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I consider it a good choice; Biden's experience on Foreign Affairs gives Obama good coverage on his exposed flank. I think he can help beat McCain, and I think he will make a good VP afterward.


Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

AspiringPhilosophe user not visiting Queenzone.com
AspiringPhilosophe
Royalty: 1711 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Aug 08, 19:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Seems like a good choice for Obama. Like Caspar pointed out, Biden has the foreign policy experience that was the primary weakness the Republicans loved to point out. Plus, Biden also makes a great attack dog, which is basically the purpose of the VP candidate prior to the general elections, and with his blue-collar reputation he'll help bring those voters to Obama; he was having trouble winning them over from Hilary.

But Biden does have a tendency to be a lighting rod for stupid comments; they did call him the Gaffe Machine for a while. And it might prove a problem to Obama's message of Change since Biden is the epitome of a Washington Insider, with three terms in the Senate.

But it's the best choice he could have made I think. I mean, with so many people pushing him to chose Hilary. Thank GOD he didn't do that; that would not have been a good move!


Formerly MHG
Treasure Moment user not visiting Queenzone.com
Treasure Moment
Deity: 3413 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Aug 08, 21:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey historygirl, you REALLY think it matters who wins? you cant be that naive can you?


Freddie Mercury is God

TREASURE MOMENT: Continuing QUEENs footsteps

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Aug 08, 01:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Treasure Moment wrote:

Hey historygirl, you REALLY think it matters who wins? you cant be that naive can you?


Instead of repeating the same crap over and over again, could you possibly spend some time thinking of a more intelligent way of wording it?

Watch some George Carlin. He did a great bit once on how we don't have elected leaders; we have 'owners'!

If you'd quit being such a repetitive turd, and start writing something with some substance, there's a remote possibility that you might see (someday) a person writing "I agree with Treasure Moment".


"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Treasure Moment user not visiting Queenzone.com
Treasure Moment
Deity: 3413 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Aug 08, 03:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

Treasure Moment wrote:

Hey historygirl, you REALLY think it matters who wins? you cant be that naive can you?


Instead of repeating the same crap over and over again, could you possibly spend some time thinking of a more intelligent way of wording it?

Watch some George Carlin. He did a great bit once on how we don't have elected leaders; we have 'owners'!

If you'd quit being such a repetitive turd, and start writing something with some substance, there's a remote possibility that you might see (someday) a person writing "I agree with Treasure Moment".


what can i say instead of the obvious? i just said it doesnt matter who wins cause thats how it is.


Freddie Mercury is God

TREASURE MOMENT: Continuing QUEENs footsteps

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Aug 08, 07:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You're on a forum dude... forums are for discussions. Why don't you back up what you're saying; why not tell people WHY you think the way you do?




"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Aug 08, 08:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

Why don't you back up what you're saying; why not tell people WHY you think the way you do?


Personally, I'd rather he didn't. Not again. He's posted it dozens of times too many already. FACT.

As for Biden, I also think he's a good choice - though a chancy one. He's a hot-headed in-your-face kind of guy. I guess as a counter to Obama, that can be a good thing.

If you consider Obama's limits in the area of foreign policy (and who isn't considering that?), Biden's experience there is his golden ticket to the V.P. slot - but the spin will be (and already is) that choosing Biden shows Obama's lack of confidence in this area. I think it shows common sense - where expertise is required, you don't wing it, you bring in an expert.

And Biden has his own agenda - to make individuals safer. No grand scheme, just a simple focus that encompasses so much. If his work on the Violence Against Women Act is any indication of what he'll do as VP, I think we'll be in pretty good hands... I just hope he can learn to keep his mouth shut when necessary.



"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury



Treasure Moment user not visiting Queenzone.com
Treasure Moment
Deity: 3413 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Aug 08, 08:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

You're on a forum dude... forums are for discussions. Why don't you back up what you're saying; why not tell people WHY you think the way you do?



Its very simple, corporations and organized religion have teamed up and this group of elite bankers OWN everything and pull the strings behind the scen and they own all the major candidates, its very simple logic.


Freddie Mercury is God

TREASURE MOMENT: Continuing QUEENs footsteps

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6257 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Aug 08, 11:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Treasure Moment wrote:

Zebonka12 wrote:

Treasure Moment wrote:

Hey historygirl, you REALLY think it matters who wins? you cant be that naive can you?


Instead of repeating the same crap over and over again, could you possibly spend some time thinking of a more intelligent way of wording it?

Watch some George Carlin. He did a great bit once on how we don't have elected leaders; we have 'owners'!

If you'd quit being such a repetitive turd, and start writing something with some substance, there's a remote possibility that you might see (someday) a person writing "I agree with Treasure Moment".


what can i say instead of the obvious? i just said it doesnt matter who wins cause thats how it is.


People thinking like that make for 95% of the problems in the world.


Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6257 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Aug 08, 11:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Treasure Moment wrote:

Zebonka12 wrote:

You're on a forum dude... forums are for discussions. Why don't you back up what you're saying; why not tell people WHY you think the way you do?



Its very simple, corporations and organized religion have teamed up and this group of elite bankers OWN everything and pull the strings behind the scen and they own all the major candidates, its very simple logic.


It would be, if it were true. It's not. Close to it, but not that bad just yet.


Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

Smitty user not visiting Queenzone.com
Cool, we have display messages
Smitty
Deity: 6196 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Aug 08, 11:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LOL, Treasure Moment's watched Zeitgeist one too many times...


As for the VP pick, Biden's an excellent choice. I'd go into more depth, but I'd just be echoing what everyone's been saying.

Treasure Moment user not visiting Queenzone.com
Treasure Moment
Deity: 3413 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Aug 08, 11:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ThomasQuinn wrote:

Treasure Moment wrote:

Zebonka12 wrote:

You're on a forum dude... forums are for discussions. Why don't you back up what you're saying; why not tell people WHY you think the way you do?



Its very simple, corporations and organized religion have teamed up and this group of elite bankers OWN everything and pull the strings behind the scen and they own all the major candidates, its very simple logic.


It would be, if it were true. It's not. Close to it, but not that bad just yet.


its not my opinion, its a FACT.


Freddie Mercury is God

TREASURE MOMENT: Continuing QUEENs footsteps

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

Treasure Moment user not visiting Queenzone.com
Treasure Moment
Deity: 3413 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Aug 08, 11:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Smitty wrote:

LOL, Treasure Moment's watched Zeitgeist one too many times...


As for the VP pick, Biden's an excellent choice. I'd go into more depth, but I'd just be echoing what everyone's been saying.


well that documentary has alot of very valid points.


Freddie Mercury is God

TREASURE MOMENT: Continuing QUEENs footsteps

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Aug 08, 12:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So did Bowling for Colombine but for every valid point in a Michael Moore film, there are one or two valid points he completely ignores.

For your own sake, have an open mind!


"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Smitty user not visiting Queenzone.com
Cool, we have display messages
Smitty
Deity: 6196 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Aug 08, 16:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Treasure Moment wrote:

Smitty wrote:

LOL, Treasure Moment's watched Zeitgeist one too many times...


As for the VP pick, Biden's an excellent choice. I'd go into more depth, but I'd just be echoing what everyone's been saying.


well that documentary has alot of very valid points.


It does have a lot of very valid points. But what it lacks is a lot of very valid evidence, especially in the last two parts.

But hey, this thread is about Obama's VP, so let's keep it on topic.

Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6373 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Aug 08, 18:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I guess the USA is forward thinking enough to have an Afro-American president, but still too backward to have a female vice president.

Instead Obama picks a guy that has difficulty writing original campaign speeches, and feels it necessary to "borrow" from past speeches.


Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!



Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html



B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Aug 08, 18:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gym Bitch wrote:

I guess the USA is forward thinking enough to have an Afro-American president, but still too backward to have a female vice president.

Instead Obama picks a guy that has difficulty writing original campaign speeches, and feels it necessary to "borrow" from past speeches.


I don't know Biden inside and out, but if this is the worst they have on him, well, it's a hell of a lot better than the skeletons of so many others.

As for a female vice president - I'm guessing if he picked any woman other than Clinton, he would have lost all the ground he gained. And, Hillary as his running mate would have been too controversial, not to mention completely opposite his stated goal for 'change'. You can't get change if you bring in more of the same. I'm a Hillary supporter yet even I didn't want to see her as his running mate.

If the election was held several months ago, maybe they would have had a chance to win the White House. Hillary furor has wound down. People want something new, something they can hope to believe in. Biden is always chopping at the bit - he WILL get things done. Obama wants to go down in history as more than being the first black president - he wants to be a great president who also happened to be the first black president.

The two together want the opposite of what we've had for the past eight years. That alone should secure them the top spots in the country.

But then... I have to wonder... is the USA really forward thinking enough to vote for a non-white president, regardless who his VP might be?



"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury



Treasure Moment user not visiting Queenzone.com
Treasure Moment
Deity: 3413 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Aug 08, 02:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Smitty wrote:

Treasure Moment wrote:

Smitty wrote:

LOL, Treasure Moment's watched Zeitgeist one too many times...


As for the VP pick, Biden's an excellent choice. I'd go into more depth, but I'd just be echoing what everyone's been saying.


well that documentary has alot of very valid points.


It does have a lot of very valid points. But what it lacks is a lot of very valid evidence, especially in the last two parts.

But hey, this thread is about Obama's VP, so let's keep it on topic.


its is on the topic, its about how it doesnt matter which puppet gets elected.


Freddie Mercury is God

TREASURE MOMENT: Continuing QUEENs footsteps

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Aug 08, 11:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ThomasQuinn wrote:

I consider it a good choice;


Well, that's a shock.

I assume you don't like him because he was FOR the invasion of Iraq. It's because he flip-flopped and jumped on the critique ship after America decided they weren't really 100% behind this thing. That's it, right?