Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Bercy, Paris x4 British fans arriving **HELP NEEDED**

forum rss feed
Author

stars12 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 6 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Sep 08, 08:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hi queenzoners

I can heading out to Paris from Newcastle in September for the Queen gig 24/09 and none of us have been to Paris before

We are after a little help for our trip

We are flying into Charles De Gaulle airport on easyjet and would like to know:

1. Reccomend a cheap & clean hotel near the Bercy venue with good links to get into Paris centre to do some touristy things

2. What is the best way to travel from Charles De Gaulle to hotel

3. Any fans out there for the gig UK/French/Dutch/ anyone who would like to meet up for drinks

many many thanks
PAUL

[BREAKTHRU1989] user not visiting Queenzone.com
[BREAKTHRU1989]
Rocker: 46 posts

Posted: 01 Sep 08, 10:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

1. For a cheap & clean hotel (depend on your budget) see there :

http://fr.venere.com/hotels_paris/12e_arrondissement/?ref=706616&lg=fr&cur=EUR&kwp=926-2#o=default&r=0&m=0&f=C000100000000400&sb=1&ms=2&mz=44812

Some nice hotels are around the Palais Omnisports (you can also see a nice little plan with hotes and the venue)

Sorry, the website is in french but is easily undestandable (price, address, etc. feel free to phone them, they almost all speak english)

2. Depend on your budget ... Full of £££ = taxi, otherwise I suggest you to took the RER B (suburb train) heading to "chatelet-les halles" (the biggest station in paris) then the metro line 14 heading to the "Bercy" station. About 35-45min.

3. I would probably be there, depending if I'm working in Paris or not this week ...

Hope it helps !

stars12 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 6 posts

Posted: 01 Sep 08, 13:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

many thanks for the help and the reply - you have gave me some good info to work on

All the best from UK

PAUL

PS if anyone else feels they can add or put further input to this it would be again appreciated

Pim Derks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4282 posts

Posted: 01 Sep 08, 15:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Pim & Niek will be there. As usual.

mcmundy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 11 posts

Posted: 01 Sep 08, 17:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As far as getting to Paris is concerned, when I went to Le Zenith in 2005, I took a train from Charles De Gaulle to Gare de Nor (Station of the North) and took the Metro (subway) from there. In all it takes about an hour to central Paris.