Forums > Personal > Michael Jackson... New Tour, New Album?

forum rss feed
Author

its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Sep 08, 12:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"1.)Tour related items-
Michael has said that he wants to tour. Yes, that is right; Sony say they have been informed MJ wants to go on tour. The way he worded it, I was under the impression that Sony believe BIG shows at stadiums with enormous capacities would be the best option for Michael. He used this example: Doing a show at the MCG for 100,000 people at one time and doing only ONE show, rather than 5 shows at an indoor arena that holds only 20,000. They believe that by doing that there is a much better chance of it all going ahead. Same money, same total attendance but far less shows. Better for MJ and easier for Sony to organize. Win/win."

Source: http://www.maximum-jackson.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=4550

Discuss.



wstüssyb user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 12371 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Sep 08, 13:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I guess there will be no groupies back stage...TBH his prime is over, I doubt he would get a 100,000 show anywhere in USA/Europe. Maybe in China or something like that


MY GOD spell it write.
The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Sep 08, 05:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

When u look at his shows from the Bad and Dangerous tour, there's a lot of playback going on. I don't think he will get away with that. Love his music though. Maybe he should do an intimate tour or something and ignore those big venues.


Killed by drones.
its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Sep 08, 06:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't know how MJ will pull this off, but I'll like to see what happens.

If he does decide to tour London, I'm first in line.

He'll probably be miming all of his songs...?

I hope he can still dance well... =/



Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Sep 08, 07:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

wstsyb wrote:

I guess there will be no groupies back stage...


There could be groupies, but technically it's illegal.

MJ wishes now he had The Wiggles' fanbase.


[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Sep 08, 07:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Coming to a creche near you!


"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Cwazy little thing user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 483 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Sep 08, 11:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Fairy King = RickRolling all of you wrote:

When u look at his shows from the Bad and Dangerous tour, there's a lot of playback going on. I don't think he will get away with that. Love his music though. Maybe he should do an intimate tour or something and ignore those big venues.


Yeah - I always got annoyed watching videos of him "live" - I hate the idea of watching someone mime a whole show.
As for him getting away with it - of course he would; Britney does, as do hundreds of other shite pop acts.
I think MJ's problem would be the dancing - if he can still do it and be impressive, he'll be ok, and I would consider going, but if he's as frail as I heard he was, theres no chance,
Watching MJ stand still and mime would be more of a freakshow than an awesome musical star performing a brilliant gig.

As for whoever it was who doubted he could still sell out 100,000 seated stadiums Im afraid you are sorely mistaken; whilst undoubtedly past his best he retains an enormous appeal and fanbase, and you'd get a lot people going to see the "freakshow" just because he's so notorious.
Particularly since he tours so rarely, and this is likely to be his last - unless by some bizarre twist his career recovers and he ends up being quite normal, lol.
It'd sell out in minutes.


Adventure Seeker on an empty street...

www.myspace.com/ampfirerock
Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Sep 08, 14:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Cwazy little thing wrote:

As for whoever it was who doubted he could still sell out 100,000 seated stadiums Im afraid you are sorely mistaken; whilst undoubtedly past his best he retains an enormous appeal and fanbase, and you'd get a lot people going to see the "freakshow" just because he's so notorious.
...It'd sell out in minutes.


Gotta agree with you there. Fat Elvis never had any trouble and he had clearly "lost it" in the public image department. Michael could dangle a couple more kids out the window one morning and sell out in five minutes the next.

wstüssyb user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 12371 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Sep 08, 15:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I highly doubt he would sell out 50,000+ in the states. Unless it is a one of a kind show.
Be realistic, he lost a large fan base with the shit he pulled off since the late 80's.
Just like at the Paul McCartney shows, where there were nuts outside handing out religious stuff on John Lennon, I'm sure any MJ shows will have people talking about Kiddie Porn and what not.


MY GOD spell it write.
JoxerTheDeityPirate user not visiting Queenzone.com
JoxerTheDeityPirate
Deity: 6272 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Sep 08, 04:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

doing an 'intimate tour' was what got him in the shit in the first place!
perhaps he could have Gary Glitter as his support act?


isnt innuendo an italian suppository?

im gonna ride the wild wind!

its_a_hard_life wrote:you nutcase you rule!

joxer replies: but in a nice way :-]

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Sep 08, 07:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

wstussyb wrote:

I highly doubt he would sell out 50,000+ in the states. Unless it is a one of a kind show.
Be realistic, he lost a large fan base with the shit he pulled off since the late 80's.
Just like at the Paul McCartney shows, where there were nuts outside handing out religious stuff on John Lennon, I'm sure any MJ shows will have people talking about Kiddie Porn and what not.


I didn't know John Lennon fans were that extreme.


[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Winter Land Man user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jake
Winter Land Man
Deity: 4400 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Sep 08, 08:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles wrote:

wstsyb wrote:

I guess there will be no groupies back stage...


There could be groupies, but technically it's illegal.

MJ wishes now he had The Wiggles' fanbase.


Aren't you a big Michael Jackson fan? You used to be.


"Please buy my upcoming album... I need the money"
its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Sep 08, 08:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

JoxerTheDeityPirate wrote:

doing an 'intimate tour' was what got him in the shit in the first place!
perhaps he could have Gary Glitter as his support act?


Oh God no.

I wouldn't sit through anything like that.

Maybe this is a second chance for people to accept MJ again into the music industry?

Ah well.





Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Sep 08, 09:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jake? wrote:

Mr.Jingles wrote:

wstsyb wrote:

I guess there will be no groupies back stage...


There could be groupies, but technically it's illegal.

MJ wishes now he had The Wiggles' fanbase.


Aren't you a big Michael Jackson fan? You used to be.


I'm a big fan of the 80s Michael Jackson, but as he got weirder and weirder, his music became quite mediocre.
Nowdays it's hard to defend MJ as a person as well as a musician and entertainer.

The only issue in which I will defend Michael Jackson is that a lot of the people who accuse him of pedophilia are willing to take money for silence, and will go to the extent of lying under oath in front of a judge.


[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Sep 08, 10:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Michael Jackson DATING PAM ANDERSON.

See? He knows how to work the media. Guaranteed sellout tour.

wstüssyb user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 12371 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Sep 08, 18:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles wrote:

wstussyb wrote:

I highly doubt he would sell out 50,000+ in the states. Unless it is a one of a kind show.
Be realistic, he lost a large fan base with the shit he pulled off since the late 80's.
Just like at the Paul McCartney shows, where there were nuts outside handing out religious stuff on John Lennon, I'm sure any MJ shows will have people talking about Kiddie Porn and what not.


I didn't know John Lennon fans were that extreme.


They were not John Lennon fans, but religious nuts saying do you now believe in heaven ( from the song, I guess saying imagine there is no heaven really pissed some people off)


MY GOD spell it write.
Winter Land Man user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jake
Winter Land Man
Deity: 4400 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Sep 08, 22:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Why does Michael Jackson just have to be so damn weird? If he didn't let kids in his bedroom, he'd of never been in this mess, what an idiot. His dad should kick his ass and make him come out with an album better than Thriller.


"Please buy my upcoming album... I need the money"
its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Sep 08, 11:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MJ MIGHT SURPRISE US WITH SOMETHING.

I HOPE IT'S A GOOD THING....

LETS PRAY.

YEAH.



JoxerTheDeityPirate user not visiting Queenzone.com
JoxerTheDeityPirate
Deity: 6272 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Sep 08, 11:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MJ is like Santa.
he goes into kids rooms and empties his sack at the end of the bed


isnt innuendo an italian suppository?

im gonna ride the wild wind!

its_a_hard_life wrote:you nutcase you rule!

joxer replies: but in a nice way :-]

Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Sep 08, 12:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I would go, but I am sure there would be lots of canceled shows and "issues." He's just too weird now and unpredictable. I have loved MJ since I was about 8, I'm 33 now so that says something. I had all the posters, all the albums, all the tapes, buttons, everything. But I would go and just hope that I wouldn't be disappointed.




Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!



NJ!!!