Forums > Sharing The Music - Request > videos

forum rss feed
Author

lemonysnick123 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 280 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Sep 08, 16:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Instead of uploading dvds. could someone upload the video files of queen earl's court 77, houston 77, hyde park 76, hammersmith 75 and 79, ans any other vids you might have. please upl;oad them on rapidshare or something like rapidshare. because a lot of the links here are dead.

Owner of the (now-deceased) lemonysnick123 Youtube Channel

princetom user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 664 posts

Posted: 02 Sep 08, 16:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

kurgan100 wrote:

When you say files, do you mean lossy mpeg or AVI (XVID) files rather than VOB?

there don't has be a difference between a VOB and a MPEG beside some header information and dull splitting of files..! (avis and movs are a different story!)

And...btw, the guy is totally right... for what it's worth, there are two major points against sharing compiled dvds:

a) for audio-data everybody gets pissed if not shared in FLAC (which is understandable...! :-) ). But no-one dares to say a word against those video-sharers who submit dvds incompletely by leaving out some IFO-files or similar (that happened more than once in the recent shares :-( )
b) i really don't get the point in managing dvds which contain about 10 minutes of material (for the 'Wetten Dass'-dvd or one of the WWRY aftershow-parties (30mins...))... i mean: it's crap wasting a complete dvd for archiving only that small amount of data...

don't get me wrong: i totally appreciate ANY video material shared here. but imo. people should set standards for archiving files a useful way and let the user (leecher) compile the material himself ... (and YES... i do know 'mediacoder' and stuff, but it's a lot of unneccessary work to do!)

so, are there any people out there who think the same or is my pov. just an insane one ? please discuss...

prince[tOM]

Posted: 02 Sep 08, 21:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I mean a AVI file but i wanted it to be uploaded on a website like rapidshare or something else like that. i hate when people make a DVD and they put it on a torrent and it takes forever to download. so please no torrents and yes AVI files or whatever you have. i forgot to list i would like queen rock in rio also.

Posted: 02 Sep 08, 21:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I would like some audio files to if you have them but my main thing is videos.

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10071 posts

Posted: 03 Sep 08, 02:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

princetom wrote:

kurgan100 wrote:

When you say files, do you mean lossy mpeg or AVI (XVID) files rather than VOB?

there don't has be a difference between a VOB and a MPEG beside some header information and dull splitting of files..! (avis and movs are a different story!)

And...btw, the guy is totally right... for what it's worth, there are two major points against sharing compiled dvds:

a) for audio-data everybody gets pissed if not shared in FLAC (which is understandable...! :-) ). But no-one dares to say a word against those video-sharers who submit dvds incompletely by leaving out some IFO-files or similar (that happened more than once in the recent shares :-( )
b) i really don't get the point in managing dvds which contain about 10 minutes of material (for the 'Wetten Dass'-dvd or one of the WWRY aftershow-parties (30mins...))... i mean: it's crap wasting a complete dvd for archiving only that small amount of data...

don't get me wrong: i totally appreciate ANY video material shared here. but imo. people should set standards for archiving files a useful way and let the user (leecher) compile the material himself ... (and YES... i do know 'mediacoder' and stuff, but it's a lot of unneccessary work to do!)

so, are there any people out there who think the same or is my pov. just an insane one ? please discuss...

Yes, of course, you're completely right