Forums > Personal > Famous people what you've met and stuff.

forum rss feed
Author

Freya is quietly judging you. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Meh.
Freya is quietly judging you.
Deity: 5913 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Sep 08, 10:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm bored, and due to that fact that I'm contantly running into famous people in absurd situations at the moment I thought I'd start a thread so we can all swap our AMAZING stories.

Or something.

Basically, what I'm saying is, humour me, I'm bored.

Yesterday, I saw the actress who plays Luna Lovegood in Harry Potter on the tube. I only realised it was her after bitching about her hair, "That girl has ridiculous hair extensions, why would you do that? Oh wait... That's Luna Lovegood out of Harry Potter. Awesome"

A few days ago I saw Craig from Hollyoaks (UK soap) in a club in London where I was seeing a couple of bands. He was actually pretty hot. A bit short though.

I snogged Tonks out of Harry Potter once.

I saw Baby Spice at Heathrow airport.

I've seen the lead singer of Razorlight save a very drunk Noel Fielding's life.

I've met Noel Fielding loads of times, he's just everywhere. And he likes to shout things in my ears.

In fact, I've met all the Boosh at least once.

Then there's Russell Brand, who took a bit of a liking to me, and I went on a journey to his dressing room.

Most of the bands that I like actually know me by name, which is nice.

And I tried to stick a sticker to Peaches Geldof that said something along the lines of "I bum Noel Fielding" or "I'm a stupid tart" or something. My proudest moment.

Tero user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1012 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 08, 10:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I went to see the Genesis tour dress rehearsal last year in Brussels...

I hurried from the airport directly to the venue, and stumbled in through the wrong door. I ended up in the backstage area to watch Phil Collins stretching before the show, and Mike Rutherford getting a bite to eat.

I spent half an hour sitting around and waiting for somebody to find me and give me the competition prize I'd won, and had to nick a bottle of water from the crew cafeteria before going to see the actual show.

JoxerTheDeityPirate user not visiting Queenzone.com
JoxerTheDeityPirate
Deity: 6272 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 08, 10:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

RT and family at the Harbour Inn Porthleven a couple of months back,Johnny Depp at the Toby Jug [called Flicks at the time] bar in Penzance,Jim Beach at the Sandbar [had a pint with me while his son played on stage with Treana Morris,who had a drink with me after the gig],Will Young at the Sandbar [had breakfast with me there],those 2 female comediennes that used to do the Kingsmill bread adverts [Mel and the other one] at the Sandbar,Louis Theroux [famous british tv presenter] at the Pilchard Museum when i worked there,Tony Robinson [baldrick]also at the pilchard museum,Ronnie Barker [2 ronnies] at my mates wedding [he wasnt a guest but just happened to be there,so i had a pint with him],Ewan Mcgregor at the Harbour Inn,Lee dixon [ex england footballer] at the sandbar,one of the BB8 wannabes [the scottish goth bloke] in the Beehive Helston who seriously wanted to shag me but didnt get what he wanted,and the most famous of all.....me,every single day.

isnt innuendo an italian suppository?

im gonna ride the wild wind!

its_a_hard_life wrote:you nutcase you rule!

joxer replies: but in a nice way :-]

Holly2003 user is on Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4706 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 08, 10:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There was a time when everywhere I went I seemed to stumble over somebody semi-famous. Alex Higgins in the Crown Bar, Belfast, Sylvester McCoy (Dr Who) in the same bar, Bjork at Heathrow, Alan Hansen in Carnaby Street, London, Pat Jennings in bangor. The only 'famous' people I've ever gone out of my way to see were writers Harry Harrison and Joe Haldeman at a sci-fi conference in Dublin a few years back.

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
Lady Nyx user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1172 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 08, 10:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

meh

ive met silvertide. noone really seems to know them. but i sat and chatted with walt lafty for like 2 hours before their show. his guitarist said i looked like his sister. he was super tall.

i was 10 feet away from steven tyler at aerosmith 2004. he sang and pointed to me (i was holding a banner). an asshole security guard pushed me down (like....knocked me down!) and steven saw that. as i went back to my seat, he said 'look man, that lil girl was just trying to have some fun. dude, you got problems, you need to get LAID!'
it was amazing.

then i caught brians towel at queen +PR 2006. according to my mom, brian actually handed it to me, and made sure i had it in my hand. it was all a blur and too awe-striking for me to remember. but i cried. i was so happy.

but no, im not important enough nor do i live in an area where i can say ive met anyone famous.

"why pay the visit when the visit is free?"
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 08, 11:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I met Lindsay Lohan and her mom while I was working on the supermarket. They are from the Long Island town of Merrick NY, and that was way before Lindsay's implants, the coke and the booze parties. The mom had this snobbish cunt attitude, so it doesn't surprise me now how much the press hates her. No wonder why Lindsay is so fucked up when she doesn't even have parents to look up to.

Back when I lived in Colombia (and for those familiar with South American soccer) I met all the players of America De Cali at the airport after they lost their 1995 title. They were all nice enough to give me autographs even though they weren't in the best mood.

I met the Smashing Pumpkins at an HMV autograph signing in February 2000 before they broke up. Billy Corgan is a fuckin giant. I knew he was tall, but not that tall. Melissa Auf der Maur was their new bass player at the time and she was so incredibly nice. She was concerned about us waiting in the freezing winter cold for hours and hours.

I flew all the way to Cleveland to a Muse gig and I was lucky enough to be part of the aftershow meet and greet. Dominic Howard might be the new guy to take Brian May's place as "the nicest guy in rock and roll". He's always willing to sign autographs, take pictures, and talk to fans. Matt Bellamy and Chris are nice as well, but more reserved. I also met the girls from the indie band 'The Like' who were opening for Muse then, and they were absolutely lovely.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 08, 11:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm far too lazy to name the long list of famous people I've met.

HAIL HMV AND ZAVVI!!!!!

_O_

THE BEST THOUGH WERE BRIAN MAY AND ROGER TAYLOR. Annnnnnd I met Jim Beach, Neil Murry and Spike Edney.

:)

QueenMercury46 user not visiting Queenzone.com
QueenMercury46
Royalty: 1097 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 08, 17:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've met myself.

That wasn't very funny.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Treasure Moment wrote: [/QUOTENAME]The only way to really know what the hell we are doing on this earth is through sacred plants and mushrooms.[/QUOTE]
IanR user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 160 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 08, 18:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freya is quietly judging you. wrote:

And I tried to stick a sticker to Peaches Geldof that said something along the lines of "I bum Noel Fielding" or "I'm a stupid tart" or something. My proudest moment.

For that, you deserve a bloody knighthood.

Arise Sir Freya.

kagezan1313 user not visiting Queenzone.com
kagezan1313
Bohemian: 940 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 08, 18:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bah, why am I posting? This is going to be a long list, as I happen to work where a lot of celebrities like to party. We'll take it from 2 nights ago and work backwards:

Backstreet Boys plus the other Carter bros, Hinder, Staind, Three Doors Down, Nickelback (puke), Peter Berg, Steve Nash, Lennox Lewis Sting, Billy Duffy (The Cult), The President of Dubai, Aerosmith, Chuck Liddell (try telling him he can't go pour his own drinks), The Tragically Hip, etc.

Then there was the 2 years I worked at a movie studio:

Angelina Jolie, Edward Burns, Jack Black, Jason Biggs, Steve Zahn, Amanda Peet, Owen Wilson, Eddie Murphy, Cuba Gooding Jr, Jessica Alba, Tom Green, John Heard, Oded Fehr, Michael Rooker, William Forsythe, and bunch more not-so-famous actors and such.

Thank you, God bless you, sweet dreams you lot of tarts, Good-bye!

Posted: 07 Sep 08, 18:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

kagezan1313 wrote:

Jack Black

FUCK WOW.

:)

Lady Nyx user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1172 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 08, 19:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

kagezan1313 wrote:

Bah, why am I posting? This is going to be a long list, as I happen to work where a lot of celebrities like to party. We'll take it from 2 nights ago and work backwards:

Backstreet Boys plus the other Carter bros, Hinder, Staind, Three Doors Down, Nickelback (puke), Peter Berg, Steve Nash, Lennox Lewis Sting, Billy Duffy (The Cult), The President of Dubai, Aerosmith, Chuck Liddell (try telling him he can't go pour his own drinks), The Tragically Hip, etc.

Then there was the 2 years I worked at a movie studio:

Angelina Jolie, Edward Burns, Jack Black, Jason Biggs, Steve Zahn, Amanda Peet, Owen Wilson, Eddie Murphy, Cuba Gooding Jr, Jessica Alba, Tom Green, John Heard, Oded Fehr, Michael Rooker, William Forsythe, and bunch more not-so-famous actors and such.

shit, man where do you work?

"why pay the visit when the visit is free?"
Holly2003 user is on Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4706 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 08, 19:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sylvester McCoy could kick Chuck Liddel's ass.

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
***Marial-B*** user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mrs. Meijer
***Marial-B***
Deity: 2285 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 08, 19:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

kagezan1313 wrote:

Backstreet Boys plus the other Carter bros

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeh, I envy you xD.

I just met Ricky Martin, my life is boring xD. Although... I yelled to Juanes in the concert: "I love you!!!!" and he looked at me, does that counts???

Barcelona, October 22nd 2008
~im a fool~ user not visiting Queenzone.com
~im a fool~
Bohemian: 876 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 08, 19:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

my uncle is famous.

and apparently im distantly related to david hasslehof? i dont even know how to spell that.

your words. not mine.
StoneColdClassicQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
I need a haircut.
StoneColdClassicQueen
Bohemian: 775 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 08, 20:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh man, you've all met famous people but me!!!!
I had the chance to meet Brian May but noooo!!!!!!!!
My mum said no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She was like, You got school, your father can't come early from work, and Hollywood is too far!!!!!!!
And I had the chance to see John Fogerty live on August 26, but no!!!!!!!!!! I'm not allowed to go to concerts!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry.
I just feel cranky cuz I've been stuck seeing crappy movies and shows all weekend.

"When you make love to someone, use a condom."-Brian May

Paul Rodgers is Chuck Norris.
princetom user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 664 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 08, 21:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hum...
back in 2003 i used to meet some people for interviews as there are:
rick and francis from status quo (rick told me the story with roger and the jail in menorca :-D )

the folks of deep purple on their first germany-gig ofthe bananas tour. had a nice chat with roger glover. met ronnie james dio on the stage floor right after his gig as support (and got a 150bucks bootleg signed :-D)

the folks of toto with a burnt out simon philips...

furthermore i had alice cooper on the phone telling me the background for one of my favourite songs (formerLeeWarmer)...
ahja, gary brooker of procul harum which i met short time after lonnie donegans passing...

and some german metal-folks aswell as doro pesch and the guys of helloween....
but unfortunately no one of the queen-crew. goddamit.
:-D

used to let sign my guitar by (nearly) all those c-lebrities... quite a nice item, i tell you. and i play it eversince...

prince[tOM]
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 08 Sep 08, 00:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sort of met Julian Lennon. That was a good day.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
jazzy mercurois user not visiting Queenzone.com
Holy shred!
jazzy mercurois
Royalty: 1716 posts

Posted: 08 Sep 08, 00:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Steve Vai. The best moment of my life.

Paul Gilbert, the biggest asshole on Earth. Eric Martin and Ritchie Kotzen from Mr Big, two GREAT guys, very kind.

And Deep Purple, last year. They were all so nice. Steve Morse signed my violin and my favourite Kansas album.

Cheers,
Hor

CONLACANTINACONLACANTORACONLATELEVISIONGASTADORA

Posted: 08 Sep 08, 02:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bad Horsie wrote:

Paul Gilbert, the biggest asshole on Earth.

What happened there....?