Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > call me on janice long show!!!! full version

forum rss feed
Author

Daveboy35 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 619 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Sep 08, 15:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi guys here's call me on janice long show it's 1hr 7mins in and i really like it it's got a good company jazz guitar band feel and it's a fun song.

here's the link http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00d9zyw/

Enjoy.


Yes we'll keep on tryin

we'll tread that fine line

oh oh we'll keep on tryin

till the end of time

till the end of time.



Hitman1965 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hitman1965
Bohemian: 247 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Sep 08, 16:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

DAVIDBRENDAM wrote:

Hi guys here's call me on janice long show it's 1hr 7mins in and i really like it it's got a good company jazz guitar band feel and it's a fun song.

here's the link http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00d9zyw/

Enjoy.


Queen do country - cool - can see Paul now in a cowboy hat :-) Thanks for posting this - Ye-Ha!

Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Sep 08, 16:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is NOT country...thank goodness! ;-)

Hitman1965 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hitman1965
Bohemian: 247 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Sep 08, 16:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Erin wrote:

This is NOT country...thank goodness! ;-)


Don't take me too seriously - just having a little fun :-) By saying thank goodness does this highlight your dislike for country music or your dislike for the 'Call Me' track - just wondering?

Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Sep 08, 16:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hitman1965 wrote:

By saying thank goodness does this highlight your dislike for country music or your dislike for the 'Call Me' track - just wondering?


I hate pretty much all country music. Call Me is catchy...not bad. It won't be my fave on the album, but I don't dislike it.

Hitman1965 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hitman1965
Bohemian: 247 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Sep 08, 16:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Erin wrote:

Hitman1965 wrote:

By saying thank goodness does this highlight your dislike for country music or your dislike for the 'Call Me' track - just wondering?


I hate pretty much all country music. Call Me is catchy...not bad. It won't be my fave on the album, but I don't dislike it.


Thanks for the clarification - tend to agree with your comments. Makes a very good between tracks if you know what I mean - It gives the album a change of pace which is good. Also reminds people not to take the music too seriously.

Vali user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vali
Deity: 2053 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Sep 08, 17:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Love this song and Brian´s guitar, reminiscent of Good Company


Bring out the charge of the love brigade
Hitman1965 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hitman1965
Bohemian: 247 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Sep 08, 17:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vali wrote:

Love this song and Brian´s guitar, reminiscent of Good Company


Similar sound - on the radio play the Call Me track finishes and Dylan's track blends in - for one horrific moment I thought WTF's happening now. I'm all for a little change but not that much. Call Me should do well and may even work well on the tour if they try it out in the right context.

Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Sep 08, 17:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hitman1965 wrote:

Makes a very good between tracks if you know what I mean - It gives the album a change of pace which is good. Also reminds people not to take the music too seriously.


Yep, I agree completely.

Vali user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vali
Deity: 2053 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Sep 08, 17:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hitman1965 wrote:



on the radio play the Call Me track finishes and Dylan's track blends in - for one horrific moment I thought WTF's happening now. I'm all for a little change but not that much.


I thought excatly the same ! for 4 or 5 seconds I continued listening without knowing what to think about that "ending" :D


Bring out the charge of the love brigade
Dan C. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Dan C.
Royalty: 1544 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Sep 08, 18:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As I said before; I think I dig it. :)


"The tri-tone is the Devil's interval, and he demands resolution." - Richard Lloyd
Arnaldo "Ogre-" Silveira user not visiting Queenzone.com
Arnaldo
Deity: 2255 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Sep 08, 18:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Erin wrote:

Hitman1965 wrote:

Makes a very good between tracks if you know what I mean - It gives the album a change of pace which is good. Also reminds people not to take the music too seriously.


Yep, I agree completely.


Me too, I think I'll end up liking it.




Keep Passing the Open Windows
Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Sep 08, 19:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Couldn't help but laugh at the "My loove, Baby!! at the beginning! ;-D

theCro user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1056 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Sep 08, 22:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yes ! it's GREAT song.. soo catchy :P

www.bigotonline.com.ar user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 32 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Sep 08, 03:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Does it mention Batman at 0:25? :)


http://www.blogdequeen.com - South American Tour 2008 info. - Todo sobre Queen en Sudamérica.
jeffuk49 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 432 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Sep 08, 03:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i like it

MercuryPox user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 18 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Sep 08, 08:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Call Me (Full version)

http://www.megaupload.com/it/?d=UUOICINY

KingMercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 345 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Sep 08, 12:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hitman1965 wrote:

DAVIDBRENDAM wrote:

Hi guys here's call me on janice long show it's 1hr 7mins in and i really like it it's got a good company jazz guitar band feel and it's a fun song.

here's the link http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00d9zyw/

Enjoy.


Queen do country - cool - can see Paul now in a cowboy hat :-) Thanks for posting this - Ye-Ha!


emmm, didnt you heard a song called "39"???
didnt you heard Brian`s "Let Your Heart rule Your Head"???

its obvious that Brian likes some kind of Country music


"I`m Just A Singer With A Song...How Can I Try to Right The Wrong"
PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Sep 08, 13:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

KingMercury wrote:

Hitman1965 wrote:

DAVIDBRENDAM wrote:

Hi guys here's call me on janice long show it's 1hr 7mins in and i really like it it's got a good company jazz guitar band feel and it's a fun song.

here's the link http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00d9zyw/

Enjoy.


Queen do country - cool - can see Paul now in a cowboy hat :-) Thanks for posting this - Ye-Ha!


emmm, didnt you heard a song called "39"???
didnt you heard Brian`s "Let Your Heart rule Your Head"???

its obvious that Brian likes some kind of Country music


What type of country music have you heard? Those songs are not country songs.