Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > QPR - Live From the Ukraine To be shown in US Movie Movie Theaters

forum rss feed
Author

PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Sep 08, 07:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

On October 28th this concert will be shown across the US in digital movie theaters.

Call and check if your theater is going to be playing the concert.

http://www.dlp.com/cinema/search_results.aspx?country=227

Marknow user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hello
Marknow
Deity: 2878 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Sep 08, 08:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Your kidding, this is great news.


Arse.

PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Sep 08, 09:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Marknow wrote:

Your kidding


Nope :-) It's true!

Jeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 403 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Sep 08, 09:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They seem to be very confident that the show will go down well tonight, don't they?!

(Ah well, plenty of time to do overdubs :-)




Roger AAAAAHHHH!
PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Sep 08, 09:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jeroen wrote:

They seem to be very confident that the show will go down well tonight, don't they?!

(Ah well, plenty of time to do overdubs :-)



Perhaps they will just mime tonight :-)

Jeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 403 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Sep 08, 09:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah, as they won't change the setlist anyway tonight, they could just pop in the ROTC cd... ;-)



Roger AAAAAHHHH!
PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Sep 08, 09:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jeroen wrote:

Yeah, as they won't change the setlist anyway tonight, they could just pop in the ROTC cd... ;-)


Reports from rehearsals say that they played the entire album (Cosmos Rocks, not ROTC!) during rehearsals. There is also a second drum kit at the end of the catwalk.

Jeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 403 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Sep 08, 10:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PieterMC wrote:

Jeroen wrote:

Yeah, as they won't change the setlist anyway tonight, they could just pop in the ROTC cd... ;-)


Reports from rehearsals say that they played the entire album (Cosmos Rocks, not ROTC!) during rehearsals. There is also a second drum kit at the end of the catwalk.

In know, I know... there's friends/relatives of mine already there sending me messages all the time :-)
At soundcheck there was nothing new played, only the stuff we heard on the first leg of the 05 tour.
But then again, the band already stated that they will not play a lot of new stuff tonight. That's for later shows. (...where did we hear that before?!)
But not a single new (as in OLD) song (not even One Vision) does worry me a bit...


Roger AAAAAHHHH!
Going Back user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 483 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Sep 08, 10:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PieterMC wrote:

Jeroen wrote:

Yeah, as they won't change the setlist anyway tonight, they could just pop in the ROTC cd... ;-)


Reports from rehearsals say that they played the entire album (Cosmos Rocks, not ROTC!) during rehearsals. There is also a second drum kit at the end of the catwalk.


that is not good news imo... that means no surprises by old songs, just the biggest hits. :S

Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Sep 08, 10:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Going Back wrote:

that is not good news imo... that means no surprises by old songs, just the biggest hits. :S


How is that not good news? They rehearsed the entire album, there will probably be some surprises, and the drum set at the end of the catwalk probably means there's going to be a B-stage or something.

Going Back user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 483 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Sep 08, 10:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lester Burnham wrote:

Going Back wrote:

that is not good news imo... that means no surprises by old songs, just the biggest hits. :S


How is that not good news? They rehearsed the entire album, there will probably be some surprises, and the drum set at the end of the catwalk probably means there's going to be a B-stage or something.


how not ? by surprises i wasn't thinking of the entire new album but old classics, innuendo, scandal, flick of the wrist what ever song but not the entire new album

PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Sep 08, 10:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Going Back wrote:

Lester Burnham wrote:

Going Back wrote:

that is not good news imo... that means no surprises by old songs, just the biggest hits. :S


How is that not good news? They rehearsed the entire album, there will probably be some surprises, and the drum set at the end of the catwalk probably means there's going to be a B-stage or something.


how not ? by surprises i wasn't thinking of the entire new album but old classics, innuendo, scandal, flick of the wrist what ever song but not the entire new album


I would doubt very much that they will play the entire new album. Just because they rehearsed the entire thing does not mean they will play it all.

Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Sep 08, 11:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is awesome news! :-)

Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Sep 08, 11:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Going Back wrote:

how not ? by surprises i wasn't thinking of the entire new album but old classics, innuendo, scandal, flick of the wrist what ever song but not the entire new album


I can almost guarantee that Scandal and Flick Of The Wrist won't be played. Innuendo, I would like to hear, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Let's face it... anyone who buys a ticket wants to hear the hits. It's a problem that dogs any "older" band; they're playing for the masses, not for the fan who longs to hear a concert of 'Nevermore's or 'Good Company's. Believe me, I'd love to hear QPR try some rare things, but: they have a new album out, so that means we're getting a few new album tracks; we're going to hear Crazy Little Thing, Rock You, Champions, Bites the Dust, Tie Your Mother Down, Hammer To Fall, Radio Ga Ga, etc.; they're going to continue to play it safe, because the last thing they want is a stadium full of bewildered audience members complaining that the big hits weren't played...

Oh what I wouldn't give to be proven wrong :)

Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Sep 08, 11:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wonder if it will be just me and Pieter in the theater watching here. ;-)

Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Sep 08, 11:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

oops

dobo user not visiting Queenzone.com
dobo
Bohemian: 899 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Sep 08, 11:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

is someone recording this concert at all? DVD or audio would be cool!


Visit The Official Kings of Queen Myspace Which I Run: http://www.myspace.com/kingsofqueenfanpage



Trade List: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=56176
Fone Bone user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 208 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Sep 08, 12:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey, Seagull, I want it all, it's 2005 all over again !

Well, the last Queen tours were all made of hits and the odd nod to the die hard fans (Stone cold crazy and great king rat on Works Tour, Lap Of The Gods on Magic Tour), so this is all I hope for. But maybe it's still '39's job, like last time.

My fondest wish is still Innuendo, though, I think Paul could do it justice. If they play it, they'll hear my jaw drop from outer space

Ray D O'Gaga user not visiting Queenzone.com
Get down, make love
Ray D O'Gaga
Royalty: 1259 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Sep 08, 14:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PieterMC wrote:

On October 28th this concert will be shown across the US in digital movie theaters.

Call and check if your theater is going to be playing the concert.

http://www.dlp.com/cinema/search_results.aspx?country=227>

Hot diggity! I just hope the theater close to me actually shows it.


Blow it out your ass.
Tero user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1012 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Sep 08, 15:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lester Burnham wrote:

Let's face it... anyone who buys a ticket wants to hear the hits. It's a problem that dogs any "older" band; they're playing for the masses, not for the fan who longs to hear a concert of 'Nevermore's or 'Good Company's. Believe me, I'd love to hear QPR try some rare things, but: they have a new album out, so that means we're getting a few new album tracks; we're going to hear Crazy Little Thing, Rock You, Champions, Bites the Dust, Tie Your Mother Down, Hammer To Fall, Radio Ga Ga, etc.; they're going to continue to play it safe, because the last thing they want is a stadium full of bewildered audience members complaining that the big hits weren't played...


It's not just a question of playing all the old hits, or playing all the new songs. There is a middle ground as well.

Other bands do it, and they're quite successful at it. All it takes is a large back catalogue to choose the songs from, and a bit of creativity to not pick all the obvious ones.


R.E.M has a new album, and they've managed not to get stuck in a rut with the tour.
A setlist of 25+ songs has half a dozen tracks from the new album, half a dozen obvious hits, half a dozen rockier numbers from their past albums to complement the new material, and half a dozen fan favourites and rarities from their IRS years.

Can you imagine if QPR would drop half a dozen obvious pop hits and instead play songs like It's Late, See What a Fool I've Been and White Man... Nether can I. :P

They are underestimating both the audience and their own material by making it seem like only the biggest of the hits matter to the audience.