Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > C-Lebrity peaks at 33 in uk top 40

forum rss feed
Author

bubs user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 12 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Sep 08, 14:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thats quite disapointing isnt it. but no video and no promoting im suprised it did that well.


x
inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Sep 08, 15:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah, all things considered, 33 isn't very high, but still it's technically a "hit", as it did peak in the Top 40 at least, and so wouldn't be tacked onto GH4 or GVH3 (had it HAD a proper video!) just because :-)

new one user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 201 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Sep 08, 19:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What do you mean peaks at 33? Thats only one week perhaps it will go a little higher. To be honest although I love the song I'm surprised it made the top 40 given that there appeared to be little or know promotion of it. I wouldn't be surprised to see it climb a little bit next week and peak in the mid 20s.

Mack2008 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mack2008
Bohemian: 111 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Sep 08, 20:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'd love to see it climb too but my prediction is it will vanish out of the charts next week without a trace.

I wonder will they bother putting out any more singles considering the first one could hardly be called a success.

AlexRocks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1358 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Sep 08, 22:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Because the second one has done so much better. Numbskulls. If I gave some of you a rope long enough you would hand yourselves. IT'S doing far better than if anyone one of us put a song out...SHEESH! Of course if EMI and Hollywood Records would take notice and decide to promote one of the greatest groups in the world...THEY are the Dumbphucks.

Mack2008 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mack2008
Bohemian: 111 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Sep 08, 22:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@AlexRocks

I have no idea what you are trying to say?
What would we hand ourselves if you gave us rope?
Why are you comparing message board authors with legendary rock musicians? Your argument holds about as much water as a sieve.

If your benchmark for a singles success is that it has peaked higher than if I released a single then you're right - Queen+PR have scored another smash hit.



Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Sep 08, 22:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ahh yes, another solid, quality argument from Alex.

farscaper user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 1 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Sep 08, 05:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The fact of the matter is C-Lebrity is rubbish. Kinda ironic that Roger and Brian are slagging off those desperate for fame but by KILLING the band name in their pursuit of (what, exactly?) fame they are exactly what they criticise in that song. QPR are nothing but a substandard Queen tribute band and they are doing more than anyone in making The Greatest Band of all time nothing more than a kareoke band to be laughed at. And I am a massive Queen fan, but the band died when Freddie did and John had the good grace to know that and steer clear of this train wreck. To Brian and Roger Please STOP milking the Queen name, change the band name and you may get a better reception. The fact that the May guitar and vocal harmonies are Queen staples does not mean that you rely on them solely. As for Paul Rogers, well, what is the point of a singer with as weak a voice as the guitarist and is indistinguisable from Brian?
As you may guess I am very disilluisioned by the whole sorry mess. Please leave Queen as a happy memory, release the classic concerts on DVD and CDs but forget the new stuff it is simply SHIT.

Walter B. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 741 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Sep 08, 07:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

iTunes charts as from September 14th:

iTunes Ireland
69 ( –) Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
91 ( –) Don’t Stop Me Now - Queen

iTunes Italy
47 ( –) C-lebrity - Queen & Paul Rodgers

iTunes Luxemburg
73 ( –) C-lebrity - Queen & Paul Rodgers

iTunes Holland
28 ( –) C-lebrity - Queen & Paul Rodgers

iTunes Norway
49 ( –) C-lebrity - Queen & Paul Rodgers

iTunes Portugal
42 ( –) C-lebrity - Queen & Paul Rodgers

iTunes Spain
24 ( –) C-lebrity - Queen & Paul Rodgers

iTunes Sweden
28 ( –) C-lebrity - Queen & Paul Rodgers


Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4707 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Sep 08, 07:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

farscaper wrote:

The fact of the matter is C-Lebrity is rubbish. Kinda ironic that Roger and Brian are slagging off those desperate for fame but by KILLING the band name in their pursuit of (what, exactly?) fame they are exactly what they criticise in that song. QPR are nothing but a substandard Queen tribute band and they are doing more than anyone in making The Greatest Band of all time nothing more than a kareoke band to be laughed at. And I am a massive Queen fan, but the band died when Freddie did and John had the good grace to know that and steer clear of this train wreck. To Brian and Roger Please STOP milking the Queen name, change the band name and you may get a better reception. The fact that the May guitar and vocal harmonies are Queen staples does not mean that you rely on them solely. As for Paul Rogers, well, what is the point of a singer with as weak a voice as the guitarist and is indistinguisable from Brian?
As you may guess I am very disilluisioned by the whole sorry mess. Please leave Queen as a happy memory, release the classic concerts on DVD and CDs but forget the new stuff it is simply SHIT.


How is releasing NEW material karaoke Queen? I'm all for them playing as much new stuff on tour as possible. I can't beleive that anyone whose ears aren't painted on cannot distinguish Brian's voice and Paul Rodgers'. The idea that Rodgers has a weak voice is also laughable: he's one of rock's great singers.


"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
cmsdrums user not visiting Queenzone.com
cmsdrums
Deity: 3040 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Sep 08, 07:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wonder if C-Lebrity will be on volume four of the new singles box sets then as its a top 40 hit???

Rich Tea user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 248 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Sep 08, 12:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And Number One in the Rock Chart

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/rocksingles.shtml


Shadow boxing with yourself just seems to get you no where!
AlexRocks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1358 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Sep 08, 23:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hell phuckin yeah! Queen + Paul Rodgers have a NUMBER ONE HIT!!!!! Take THAT all of you naysayers!!!!

Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Sep 08, 01:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

AlexRocks wrote:

Hell phuckin yeah! Queen + Paul Rodgers have a NUMBER ONE HIT!!!!! Take THAT all of you naysayers!!!!


..in the rock chart..

Raf user not visiting Queenzone.com
Stop this noise!
Raf
Deity: 8274 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Sep 08, 04:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Erin wrote:

AlexRocks wrote:

Hell phuckin yeah! Queen + Paul Rodgers have a NUMBER ONE HIT!!!!! Take THAT all of you naysayers!!!!


..in the rock chart..

Well, let's face it, nowadays any good rock band would struggle to beat crap like Pussycat Dolls on general music charts... :\


We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Universe rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin' to the mighty power of rock'n'roll!
Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Sep 08, 10:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Raf wrote:

Well, let's face it, nowadays any good rock band would struggle to beat crap like Pussycat Dolls on general music charts... :\


Sad, but true.