Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > BestBuy Ultimate Fan Pak?

forum rss feed
Author

Walter B. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 741 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Sep 08, 17:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

In preorder now at BestBuy: The Cosmos Rocks, Ultimate Fan Pak (cd). Just for 119,99 dollar...

I have no idea what this is. Does anybody know?

Also for preorder a 'normal' (?) Bb cd. I have absolutely no idea. Could it be that this will be the regular cd with a bonus cd or dvd?

Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Sep 08, 17:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

WTF!!??? $119.00?? :-o
I was expecting a Best Buy exclusive, but huh?

Maz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5799 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Sep 08, 19:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Surely that's a typo by Best Buy- perhaps $19.99

They also list an "enhanced" CD as well


DJ's the man we love the most
Mack2008 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mack2008
Bohemian: 111 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Sep 08, 20:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

For $119 I'd want John Deacon to come and play bass for me while I play the CD :-)

Michael Allred user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1704 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Sep 08, 22:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Now what could they be adding to make this worth $119?

The album.....a bonus CD featuring, say "Runaway" plus a myriad of live tracks from that Japan DVD and/or the Japan DVD, exclusive booklet, poster...um, what else? That still doesn't seem enough content to make the price tag justified....

Crazy LittleThing user not visiting Queenzone.com
Crazy LittleThing
Royalty: 1593 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Sep 08, 23:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mack2008 wrote:

For $119 I'd want John Deacon to come and play bass for me while I play the CD :-)


For $119 USD, I'd want Brian May to personally rid my yard of slugs.


I saved Spike's life in 'Nam.
PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Sep 08, 09:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Maz wrote:

Surely that's a typo by Best Buy- perhaps $19.99

They also list an "enhanced" CD as well


I think $119 is correct. I have heard that fans near a Best Buy are going to love October / November.... Whatever that means ;-)

Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Sep 08, 10:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PieterMC wrote:

I have heard that fans near a Best Buy are going to love October / November....


What are you talking about?

Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Sep 08, 10:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Concert ticket included?!

PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Sep 08, 10:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Erin wrote:

PieterMC wrote:

I have heard that fans near a Best Buy are going to love October / November....


What are you talking about?


That street team person was told by their HR contact that fans are going to love Best Buy in October, make of that what you will.

Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Sep 08, 10:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have NO idea what could it could be. Too cheap for the back catalog to be included....too expensive for just the Cosmos Rocks cd and vinyl to be in it... What is it dammit!!?? This is going to drive me crazy. ;-)

Exclusive archive material and DVD from a '70's concert? ;-D

PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Sep 08, 10:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Erin wrote:

I have NO idea what could it could be. Too cheap for the back catalog to be included....too expensive for just the Cosmos Rocks cd and vinyl to be in it... What is it dammit!!?? This is going to drive me crazy. ;-)

Exclusive archive material and DVD from a '70's concert? ;-D


More likely HR remixes of The Cosmos Rocks ;-P

Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Sep 08, 10:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PieterMC wrote:

More likely HR remixes of The Cosmos Rocks ;-P


Ewwww.... Perhaps, it's the special limited edition Paul doll to go with the Freddie one. ;-) Yes, I found your picture, and it's just as scary as I remembered. LOL

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/1474/prdollms1.jpg

Maz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5799 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Sep 08, 10:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have heard mention of BestBuy exclusives, but what can possibly justify 120 bucks?

Anyone know if BestBuy has had other exclusives that were that much? I know that they have had some DVD boxsets, but those were only around $40-50.


DJ's the man we love the most
PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Sep 08, 15:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

- Cosmos Rocks CD
- Super Live in Japan Highlights DVD (only available in this pack apparently)
- Cosmos Rocks Vinyl
- Queen II vinyl
- SHA vinyl
- NATO vinyl
- DATR vinyl


Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Sep 08, 15:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PieterMC wrote:

- Cosmos Rocks CD
- Super Live in Japan Highlights DVD (only available in this pack apparently)
- Cosmos Rocks Vinyl
- Queen II vinyl
- SHA vinyl
- NATO vinyl
- DATR vinyl


Big whoop. :-/

PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Sep 08, 15:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Erin wrote:

PieterMC wrote:

- Cosmos Rocks CD
- Super Live in Japan Highlights DVD (only available in this pack apparently)
- Cosmos Rocks Vinyl
- Queen II vinyl
- SHA vinyl
- NATO vinyl
- DATR vinyl


Big whoop. :-/


And not a great deal either

- Cosmos Rocks CD ($13.99)
- Super Live in Japan Highlights DVD
- Cosmos Rocks Vinyl ($15.99)
- Queen II vinyl ($14.99)
- SHA vinyl ($14.99)
- NATO vinyl ($14.99)
- DATR vinyl ($14.99)

comes to $89.94

Surely there MUST be something in there, other wise you are paying $30 for that DVD.

I am starting to think we should cancel the Amazon order and order from Best Buy.


Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Sep 08, 15:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PieterMC wrote:

Surely there MUST be something in there, other wise you are paying $30 for that DVD.

I am starting to think we should cancel the Amazon order and order from Best Buy.


Well, if there ain't anything else in there, it's not worth it. I suggested it might be those vinyls in another thread, but I thought that would make a strange set.

Maz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5799 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Sep 08, 16:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Blech - not paying that much for more vinyl

Any clue what the Limited Edition and Enhanced CD that Best Buy is listing has? They list a regular CD for $15 and the limited edition for $14.


DJ's the man we love the most
PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Sep 08, 16:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Maz wrote:

Blech - not paying that much for more vinyl

Any clue what the Limited Edition and Enhanced CD that Best Buy is listing has? They list a regular CD for $15 and the limited edition for $14.


No idea, I still think that there is something else included. The price makes no sense otherwise.