Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Someone please explain this sales stupidity

forum rss feed
Author

AmeriQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1072 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Sep 08, 23:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

WHY in all the world does Queen release music typically in the U.K. weeks before the USA????? What legal, marketable, possible reasons characterize this traditional aggravation we American Queen fans face which for me has included Another World, Live at the Bowl, Cosmos Rocks and currently the Runaway download being exclusively UK cusomters only, forcing me to struggle at getting a download and either find a legal way or seek pirate sharing methods forced by such complete stupidity I see no fair argument supporting this restriction blocking them from a sale I wish to transact??

Does anyone know or have a possible theory on this annoying situation?

And how can I get Runaway damn it!

Tero user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1012 posts

Posted: 14 Sep 08, 23:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

UK albums cost twice as much as US albums, and I imagine the record companies will get incentives from the European stores to increase the more profitable sales.

Money, money, money!

Mr Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam who?????
Mr Mercury
Deity: 4632 posts

Posted: 15 Sep 08, 06:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

AmeriQueen wrote:

WHY in all the world does Queen release music typically in the U.K. weeks before the USA????? What legal, marketable, possible reasons characterize this traditional aggravation we American Queen fans face which for me has included Another World, Live at the Bowl, Cosmos Rocks and currently the Runaway download being exclusively UK cusomters only, forcing me to struggle at getting a download and either find a legal way or seek pirate sharing methods forced by such complete stupidity I see no fair argument supporting this restriction blocking them from a sale I wish to transact??

Your first question I cannot answer. I have never understood why the same product cant be released all over at the same time.

Secondly, Runaway is on iTunes apparently.

"Normally i can't dance to save my life.

But as soon as I step in dog shit, I can moonwalk better than Michael Jackson."
Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 15 Sep 08, 17:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

AmeriQueen wrote:

Didn't hear me complaining about movies, DVDs, games, consoles, ipods, iphones, HD camcorders, dishwashers and a thousand and one other products being available earlier & cheaper in the US, did you?

Fireplace user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 889 posts

Posted: 17 Sep 08, 09:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Incredible TCR was released in the UK first, isn't it? With Queen being an American band and all?

its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts

Posted: 17 Sep 08, 10:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Penetration_Guru wrote:

AmeriQueen wrote:

Didn't hear me complaining about movies, DVDs, games, consoles, ipods, iphones, HD camcorders, dishwashers and a thousand and one other products being available earlier & cheaper in the US, did you?

Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts

Posted: 17 Sep 08, 10:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Personally, I'm more pissed about Rock Band 2 being released on the X Box a month before the PS3. ;-P

**puts on The Cosmos Rocks**

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 17 Sep 08, 10:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fireplace wrote:

Incredible TCR was released in the UK first, isn't it? With Queen being an American band and all?

Here we go again.

Fireplace-

Lock your door and spin ADATR and NOTW for the next 2 years. He's gone. He's not coming back.

Or you could start bitching about David Gilmour wanting to release another Pink Floyd album with Nick Mason.

Penetration_Guru

Posted: 17 Sep 08, 12:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

its_a_hard_life wrote:

Penetration_Guru wrote:

AmeriQueen wrote:

Thanks for your contribution.

Posted: 17 Sep 08, 19:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Touche!

However, games certainly are worldwide equal releases now. The reason? 21st Century digital age downloading. Piracy would have been my way of getting Cosmos Rocks had it not been for the lovely Japanese HMV site. Runaway is U.K. accound only.

However, thanks to youtube I no longer care as much. I still want my own track copy but at least I get to hear it, and it's damn good!

Posted: 17 Sep 08, 19:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Touche!

However, games certainly are worldwide equal releases now. The reason? 21st Century digital age downloading. Piracy would have been my way of getting Cosmos Rocks had it not been for the lovely Japanese HMV site. Runaway is U.K. accound only.

However, thanks to youtube I no longer care as much. I still want my own track copy but at least I get to hear it, and it's damn good!

brians wig user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2239 posts

Posted: 17 Sep 08, 19:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It IS silly that there is such a huge gap between the US and UK release.
Imagine how many non-fan Americans will download the album and live with that rather than buying an original. That's marketing madness.

Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts

Posted: 17 Sep 08, 20:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

brians wig wrote:

Imagine how many non-fan Americans will download the album and live with that rather than buying an original.

I doubt the people that aren't big fans even know about the album's release, anyway. But, I do agree, that it is a rather huge ass gap.

Carol! the Musical user not visiting Queenzone.com
Carol! the Musical
Deity: 5934 posts

Posted: 18 Sep 08, 00:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, don't MOST other things like CDs make it to the United States before reaching the United Kingdom? :/

-Things Have Changed For Me-
Penetration_Guru

Posted: 18 Sep 08, 01:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Carol! the Musical wrote:

Well, don't MOST other things like CDs make it to the United States before reaching the United Kingdom? :/

Good point! I can't believe nobody said that yet.

Penetration_Guru

Posted: 18 Sep 08, 01:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

AmeriQueen wrote:

T Runaway is U.K. accound only.

...and Australia, France.....

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 18 Sep 08, 14:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Australia?

Oh you guys should've said something. I'll go upload it.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller