Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Queen arriving before the show

forum rss feed
Author

MrFunster user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 442 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Sep 08, 07:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I 'd like to know at what time Queen normally arrive before the show.
Wouldn't it be nice to see them very close.

The concert starts, according my ticket,
at 8 pm.

Who (of queenzone) knows this?

Vali user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vali
Deity: 2053 posts

Posted: 19 Sep 08, 07:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

if you check wegotit´s site you´ll see that, for example, in moscow they were doing the soundcheck at 3pm and the show started at 8pm.

rgrds

Bring out the charge of the love brigade
Mr. Scully user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4257 posts

Posted: 19 Sep 08, 08:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

3-4 pm is a safe bet. But you can't meet the band at the venue anyway.

Richard Lopata (new email) user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 153 posts

Posted: 19 Sep 08, 09:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Always wanted to have my picture taken with Brian and/or Roger, but there are almost no possibilities whatsoever ... too bad!

"YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH" - E. Cartman
Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts

Posted: 19 Sep 08, 09:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Soundcheck is indeed starting mostly round 3 or 4'ish.

Like Martin says; forget about meeting the band before or after the show. Paul might come out for some chat but Brian and Roger will definatly not.

mickyparise user not visiting Queenzone.com
mickyparise
Bohemian: 787 posts

Posted: 19 Sep 08, 12:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

At the Pittsburgh show in 2006, I made reservations at the hotel across the street from the Mellon Arena, had to work that day and then checked in and the clerk noticed my Queen tshirt and asked if I was going to the concert, said yea, and he said the band checked in yesterday and were in the lobby most of the time, and the shuttle driver said he took them for a tour of downtown at night, and they checked out in the morning of the show! I was so upset! If stupid me would've made reservations for 2 nights, I might've had a chance to meet them!
Hopefully they play Pittsburgh, PA, USA next year because I'm sure there going to stay at the same hotel!

Just my little 2 cents!

R.I.P. PRINCESS

Living Life on Life's Terms
Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts

Posted: 19 Sep 08, 12:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mickyparise wrote:

Hopefully they play Pittsburgh, PA, USA next year because I'm sure there going to stay at the same hotel!

I have my doubts they would return to Pittsburgh based on the crowd reaction or lack thereof. Plus, the attendance was pretty low there. But, who knows...

Mr. Scully user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4257 posts

Posted: 19 Sep 08, 14:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mickyparise wrote:

At the Pittsburgh show in 2006, I made reservations at the hotel across the street from the Mellon Arena, had to work that day and then checked in and the clerk noticed my Queen tshirt and asked if I was going to the concert, said yea, and he said the band checked in yesterday and were in the lobby most of the time, and the shuttle driver said he took them for a tour of downtown at night, and they checked out in the morning of the show! I was so upset! If stupid me would've made reservations for 2 nights, I might've had a chance to meet them!

Just my little 2 cents!

I don't know about USA but here in Europe the band usually stay in hotels where one night costs a bit more than two weeks in Thailand.

mickyparise user not visiting Queenzone.com
mickyparise
Bohemian: 787 posts

Posted: 19 Sep 08, 17:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr. Scully wrote:

mickyparise wrote:

Just my little 2 cents!

I don't know about USA but here in Europe the band usually stay in hotels where one night costs a bit more than two weeks in Thailand.

The rate in 2006 was $185 USD and I have a Goverment discount, so it came to around $150 USD.

http://www.hotels-rates.com/hotels_reservations/property/24742/#trafficLogID=537430186&refererPageID=20&loadStart=1221858710022&visited=true&clickLogID=53130477

R.I.P. PRINCESS

Living Life on Life's Terms