Forums > Queen - General Discussion > End of a Career

forum rss feed
Author

LadySonnet user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 51 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Sep 08, 08:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, the time has come when my own personal career of a Queen fan of over 20 years has ended. I have never hidden the fact that Freddie was my favorite band member, though also the source of a lot of suffering prior and after he has left us. For those who might ask why "prior" - because I was born and grew up in the former Eastern block - under the communistic regime, when you NEVER KNEW IF you'd be able ever to hear The Works but at the same time you were as happy as a small child just because somebody somehow smuggled The Bravo Magazine, which said that they were recording it. And because you knew you would never be able to attend a concert as this is "retrograde" and your mam and dad would simply disappear if you'd do this even if you could.

Well, Freddie is gone now. Queen -too. There is Queen+Paul Rodgers now, which is something very different as a sound, stage presence and aesthetics. However for those ready to attack -"Yet, it's Queen" I'd just suggest them to rewind ANY Queen concert prior Freddie's death to READ that "Queen are: Freddie Mercury, Brian May, Roger Taylor and John Deacon" End of story. I don't want to argue. Queen fan? Not anymore. Freddie fan? Always, and by God I know how to be one because he keeps inspiring me after all this time (even without the necessary new material required to keep the business running). Something that the trio just failed to do.





And eventhough the time did pass

and memories tired lied,

and we will all be turned to dust

your song shall never die!
Togg user not visiting Queenzone.com
Togg
Deity: 2393 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Sep 08, 08:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry...what?

Excuse me, but to coin a phrase...'get a life'

You don't have a 'career' as a fan, you simply are one...

It's a band, get over it.


"It is better to sit in silence and have people think you're a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
Knute user not visiting Queenzone.com
Knute
Bohemian: 807 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Sep 08, 09:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

...and the people wept.







What a load of self-important tosh.

A career?
LMAO

david (galashiels) user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2020 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Sep 08, 09:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

just remember when you go......the cosmos rocks lol lol lol

Vali user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vali
Deity: 2053 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Sep 08, 09:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

goodbye, baby, and don´t forget to rock the cosmos


Bring out the charge of the love brigade
Haystacks Calhoun II user not visiting Queenzone.com
Haystacks Calhoun II
Bohemian: 930 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Sep 08, 10:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.


The Golden Gate Bridge should have a long bungee cord for people who aren’t quite ready to commit suicide but want to get in a little practice.
PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Sep 08, 10:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

IMO you are not much of a fan if you are willing to ditch them just because you don't like their latest project.

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Sep 08, 10:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PieterMC wrote:

IMO you are not much of a fan if you are willing to ditch them just because you don't like their latest project.


No kidding!

I think the Lady Sonnet is full of it. If you truly respected Queen and what they did, then instead of selling your crap for money that you'll just spend like the rest of it, you should give away your Queen collection to the Queenzone community... where it will be appreciated and not just bartered upon.

Please list your items and we will treat it as a first come first served basis. Limit of 2 items per member so no one gets too greedy. I would like to request your WWRY Toothbrush and your Greg Brooks book.

Thanks.

(Unless you just wanted to start your own "I hate what Paul is doing to Brian and Roger" thread.)

Yara user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1430 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Sep 08, 10:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It is Queen.

One guy died, the other quit the band.

It's not as if Freddie were alive and forbidding the guys to carry on with the band without him. He's dead. The other cat quit the band, and now they have all the right to carry on the legacy the way they want - with Mickey Mouse or Paul Rodgers as a singer.


Yara
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Sep 08, 10:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hopefully we'll get through this tough time without you.


"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
bathump user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 14 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Sep 08, 11:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Drama Queen. It's only a record.

How about a career change New Kids on the Block have reformed

Mack2008 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mack2008
Bohemian: 111 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Sep 08, 12:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@Ladysonnet....

The police man is saying "stop this noise"
;-)


AlexRocks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1358 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Sep 08, 12:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I did not know that people in the psyche ward were allowed to use the internet. Interesting.

Adolfo and the spiders from Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adolfo and the spiders from Mercury
Royalty: 1054 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Sep 08, 13:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I won't say much because you are a lady, but that was ridiculous


:)
April user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 440 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Sep 08, 13:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lady Sonnet, you survived through the communist era, you managed to get hold of Queen records when you lived in the socialist state and when it was next to impossible to find them. You were a true Queen fan.
And now what has happened to you? Has freedom destroyed your love? Are you a natural-born gutter fighter for whom freedom means the end of a fighting career? The two guys continue singing Queen songs as well. And who else could do it better than they? Maybe you have some other candidates in view? Mika, for example, some people compare him to Queen...Or maybe you`d rather they kept silent forever. "Stay home, Brian and Roger, I don`t like live music, besides, I prefer old records..."
So, stay home yourself and enjoy the good old days. And we will move on with love for Queen, Freddie, and for the new Queen! Long Live Queen!!!

e-man user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 697 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Sep 08, 13:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

no longer a Queen fan because of QPR?
I'm a fan of both

and even if QPR stunk, I'd still be a hughe Queen fan

P-Staker user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 218 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Sep 08, 14:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

**NEWS FLASH**
Brian May (61), physicist and performer best known as lead guitarist with Queen, said he was "shocked and disturbed" that LadySonnet's career as a Queen fan has come to an abrupt end.

"It was so serious for her", May said, "if we knew, we'd give up music and move into used car business. After all, music was never a career for us in the sense fandom was a career for her."

"It's all so meaningless now", adds visibly shaken Roger Taylor (59), the drummer with the band. "The day that music died. I'm throwing in the towel - well, my drums."

Around the world, LadySonnet's shocking decision was a signal for Queen - and Q+PR - fans to cease their appreciation of the band's music. In support of unfortunate LadySonnet, the monarch of the United Kingdom abdicated today, saying she "no longer wish[es] to bear the title reminiscent of the band that put an end to such a promising fan's career."

"The loss of LadySonnet is a deathblow to Queen", said Sir Elton John (61) at a press conference yesterday, presenting his new single "End of a Career", written especially to commemorate this tragic event. We exclusively bring you the lyrics to the ballad:

**

She knew how to be a Freddie fan
But now she follows a different plan
A shining career came to an end
Cos Roger and Brian play in a band

Queen and Paul Rodgers cut her like a knife
LadySonnet lost the meaning of her life
If the guys knew of the tears she shed
They'd bury themselves alongside with Fred



Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Sep 08, 14:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Now we only need a tribute concert.


John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

Treasure Moment user not visiting Queenzone.com
Treasure Moment
Deity: 3413 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Sep 08, 14:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LadySonnet wrote:

Well, the time has come when my own personal career of a Queen fan of over 20 years has ended. I have never hidden the fact that Freddie was my favorite band member, though also the source of a lot of suffering prior and after he has left us. For those who might ask why "prior" - because I was born and grew up in the former Eastern block - under the communistic regime, when you NEVER KNEW IF you'd be able ever to hear The Works but at the same time you were as happy as a small child just because somebody somehow smuggled The Bravo Magazine, which said that they were recording it. And because you knew you would never be able to attend a concert as this is "retrograde" and your mam and dad would simply disappear if you'd do this even if you could.

Well, Freddie is gone now. Queen -too. There is Queen+Paul Rodgers now, which is something very different as a sound, stage presence and aesthetics. However for those ready to attack -"Yet, it's Queen" I'd just suggest them to rewind ANY Queen concert prior Freddie's death to READ that "Queen are: Freddie Mercury, Brian May, Roger Taylor and John Deacon" End of story. I don't want to argue. Queen fan? Not anymore. Freddie fan? Always, and by God I know how to be one because he keeps inspiring me after all this time (even without the necessary new material required to keep the business running). Something that the trio just failed to do.




I think you will like the song we are working on that is going to be called "Freddie Mercury"


Freddie Mercury is God

TREASURE MOMENT: Continuing QUEENs footsteps

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

queenfanbg user not visiting Queenzone.com
queenfanbg
Bohemian: 305 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Sep 08, 15:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yara wrote:

It is Queen.

One guy died, the other quit the band.

It's not as if Freddie were alive and forbidding the guys to carry on with the band without him. He's dead. The other cat quit the band, and now they have all the right to carry on the legacy the way they want - with Mickey Mouse or Paul Rodgers as a singer.


Mickey Mouse is better choice,i think...


"Queen are: Freddie Mercury,Roger Taylor, John Deacon and Brian May"