Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Set List

forum rss feed
Author

Josh Henson user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 693 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Sep 08, 16:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Is anyone else disappointed with the set lists so far with this tour? The only thing they really brought new into this is Bijou (for Queen songs). Sad.

I'm just getting used to my new exposure

Come into my enclosure

And meet my melancholy blues
Hitman1965 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hitman1965
Bohemian: 247 posts

Posted: 19 Sep 08, 16:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hadrian wrote:

Is anyone else disappointed with the set lists so far with this tour? The only thing they really brought new into this is Bijou (for Queen songs). Sad.

Sorry have to disagree - fantastic version of 39, Roger's drum solo and introduction of Cosmos Rocks and Shooting Star with more new tracks to come together with good range of the 'classics' what else do you expect - Paul doing a version of Michael Jackson's Thriller maybe?

Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 19 Sep 08, 16:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

One Vision is new, doing Radio Ga Ga without a backing tape is new.

I think Bijou should have replaced Last Horizon, but then the others probably need a rest...

DrummerBoy | MMVIII user not visiting Queenzone.com
DrummerBoy | MMVIII
Champion: 61 posts

Posted: 19 Sep 08, 20:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

doing the fast and not slow version of hammer to fall was new

"Cry Havoc, And Let Slip The Dogs Of War"
Cwazy little thing user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 483 posts

Posted: 19 Sep 08, 20:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Freddie performance on Bo Rap is also new - its from an entirely different show (its either Montreal or Milton Keynes I think - but I cant be bothered comparing to check right now).

LOL

I do slightly wish we'd gotten one or two other new old things - just to freshen things up. We can definately afford to lose some from IWTBF, Last Horizon (as much as I love it) AKOM and FBG if it meant Innuendo, Headlong, White Queen, Its Late, Dragon Attack (in Europe this time) or suchlike, it'd be completely worth it.
This is wishful thinking though, and to be honest, Im just happy to have the chance to see them agian.

Adventure Seeker on an empty street...

www.myspace.com/ampfirerock
QueenNewcastle user not visiting Queenzone.com
QueenNewcastle
Bohemian: 255 posts

Posted: 20 Sep 08, 07:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hadrian wrote:

sorry to disagree, but i think the set list is awesome. i would of liked to see some older stuff, like Keep Yourself Alive or Now I'm Here, but i really like the set like

"It's Real Honor To Be Here Tonight"

Brian May

Newcastle Metro Radio Arena

Tuesday 4th November 2008
pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10072 posts

Posted: 20 Sep 08, 08:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The setlist is fantastic, the best setlist since 1982

Kuijpy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 276 posts

Posted: 20 Sep 08, 08:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Where the hell is NOW IM HERE?:S

AmeriQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1072 posts

Posted: 20 Sep 08, 15:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They brought One Vision, a full band '39, Shooting Star, Cosmos Rockin, C-Lebrity, Seagull returns after brief use last tour, and now Warboys.

I'd still LOVE to see some 70's Queen which i'd prefer not to be singles, but rather album tracks instead. I cannot fathom why Roger Taylor feels compelled to always play I'm In Love With My Car when he could wow us with Drowse, Fight From The Inside, Tenement Funster, Rock It or even Modern Times Rockn'roll. And why can't '39 turn into Long Away, Someday One Day, Good Company, All Dead All Dead, Leavin Home Ain't Easy or Sail Away Sweet Sister.

What probably burns me up the most is the insistance on providing us with the locked in tracks like Tie Your Mother Down, Crazy Little Thing Called Love, Another One Bites The Dust, Radio Ga Ga and of course the repeated every time encore of wwry/watc/all right now. Can't they just once throw in Liar, Doing Alright or It's Late?????????

Do people really, actually, honestly care whether or not they will hear the 1,335,321st performance of We Are The Champions???????????????????????????????????????
Like you said, the real treat was My Bijou, because My Bijou is something i'd trade their entire encore in exchange for hearing.

-adventure seeker- user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 182 posts

Posted: 20 Sep 08, 18:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i dont think this is 'it' paul said in an interview that something new will be worked out for boh rhap.... i love the new odds and ends but i know what you mean. i think alot more of the album stuff will show trough, seagull is a must keep, as is shooting star. i would like them to keep bad co too, the paul stuff shouldnt be messed with only added to, cant get enough maybe? but i think stuff will happen, almost like a watch this space??

'ill see you in hell, some other time'

I MET BRIAN MAY!! 14th april 2008

THE COSMOS ROCKS!
jbezza11 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 3 posts

Posted: 21 Sep 08, 02:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Coul you imagine going to one queen concert in your life and not seeing we will rock you/champs? Its crazy to think they will drop a hit for album filler song that didnt work 20 years ago. Everyone moaning about its late get over it, just be thankful there is a concert at all.

kimmy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 12 posts

Posted: 21 Sep 08, 15:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, Surfs up....schools out is the new opener

Berlin – Velodrom 21st September 2008

SURFS UP…SCHOOLS OUT
TIE YOUR MOTHER DOWN – Full Version
Paul Speak
MEDLEY
FAT BOTTOM GIRLS
ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST
I WANT IT ALL
BREAK FREE
Brian Speak
C-LEBRITY
Brian Speak
B STAGE
SEAGULL
LOVE OF MY LIFE
DRUM SOLO
I’M IN LOVE WITH MY CAR
SAY ITS NOT TRUE
Brian Speak
BAD COMPANY
WAR BOYS
FEEL LIKE MAKIN’ LOVE
BRIAN SOLO
BIJOU
LAST HORIZON
IT’S A KIND OF MAGIC
CRAZY LITTLE THING CALLED LOVE
SHOW MUST GO ON
RADIO GAGA
BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY
COSMOS ROCKS
ALL RIGHT NOW
WWRY
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

vadenuez user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 263 posts

Posted: 21 Sep 08, 17:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They're doing exactly the same thing they've always done, even with Freddie: they never properly "tour" a new album, they've always kept a more or less constant setlist, include 4 or 5 new songs (never the whole album) and drop other 4 or 5.

goldie42 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 43 posts

Posted: 22 Sep 08, 03:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So glad they are opening with Surfs up - hope it stays that way.

I agree with most of the comments, some of the 'locked in' tracks should go by now - IWTBF, KOM and CTLCL (even though I love them all) in favour of Headlong, Innuendo and more from new album. Small should be played next to love of my life. We Believe in place of CTLCL.

And yes it would be no hardship to drop the WWRY/WATC ending (although I suspect they never would) - maybe play the fast WWRY in the middle of the set perhaps.

But I'm sure it'll be great whatever they do - as long as they keep Surfs up and Cosmos Rockin!! ;)

Richard Lopata (new email) user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 153 posts

Posted: 22 Sep 08, 03:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ah, more surprises every time, nice! Hopefully they'll add one more tomorrow in Antwerp!!!

Surf's Up ... School's Out! as an opener, great!!!! Any recordings? :-p

"YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH" - E. Cartman