Forums > Queen - General Discussion > They should have toured as just Queen without Paul

forum rss feed
Author

Treasure Moment user not visiting Queenzone.com
Treasure Moment
Deity: 3413 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Sep 08, 18:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They are already using freddie footage on several songs, what they should have done is to JUST have freddie footage on all songs and play to that and have john with them and tour under the QUEEN name. That would have been sooo much better than the thing they are doing now.

Freddie Mercury is God

TREASURE MOMENT: Continuing QUEENs footsteps

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

Dan C. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Dan C.
Royalty: 1544 posts

Posted: 19 Sep 08, 19:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't know; I think that'd come off as a little hokey. Video for a song or two is okay, but when I go to a show, I prefer to see living, breathing musicians, you know? I really like the imperfections and the spontaneity of a live show. You never know what's going to happen. Will the guitarist break a string? Will the singer hit a bum note? Will the drummer explode? I dig that kind of thing. With video of Freddie, we'd be getting nothing new, nothing real, and nothing in the moment... for that, I'll stick with my DVDs.

Things are fine as they are. I'd love to see John back, but if he's not interested, I'm not too bothered.

"The tri-tone is the Devil's interval, and he demands resolution." - Richard Lloyd
Treasure Moment

Posted: 19 Sep 08, 19:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dan Corson IX: Dark Blue wrote:

I don't know; I think that'd come off as a little hokey. Video for a song or two is okay, but when I go to a show, I prefer to see living, breathing musicians, you know? I really like the imperfections and the spontaneity of a live show. You never know what's going to happen. Will the guitarist break a string? Will the singer hit a bum note? Will the drummer explode? I dig that kind of thing. With video of Freddie, we'd be getting nothing new, nothing real, and nothing in the moment... for that, I'll stick with my DVDs.

Things are fine as they are. I'd love to see John back, but if he's not interested, I'm not too bothered.

well everything would be played live besides the vocals and it would feel very powerful and emotional seeing john,brian and roger playing to footage of freddie. Also it would feel ALOT more powerful to tour with just the Queen name and no outside people like paul.

Alot of people never saw Queen live and this would be next best thing. I really think it would have been alot better than what they are doing now and they would get alot more respect for that than to bring in a guy who is total opposite of Queen sound and also use the Queen name without john and freddie.

Freddie Mercury is God

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

Major Tom user not visiting Queenzone.com
S.D.M.F
Major Tom
Bohemian: 878 posts

Posted: 19 Sep 08, 19:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Treasure Moment wrote:

well everything would be played live besides the vocals and it would feel very powerful and emotional seeing john,brian and roger playing to footage of freddie. Also it would feel ALOT more powerful to tour with just the Queen name and no outside people like paul.

Alot of people never saw Queen live and this would be next best thing. I really think it would have been alot better than what they are doing now and they would get alot more respect for that than to bring in a guy who is total opposite of Queen sound and also use the Queen name without john and freddie.
THIS FUCKING DISCUSSION AGAIN? WITH 2524 POST YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER THAN TO START WHAT, THE 6TH TOPIC ABOUT THIS!

It´s better to burn out than to fade away.
Treasure Moment

Posted: 19 Sep 08, 19:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

henke1980 wrote:

Treasure Moment wrote:

THIS FUCKING DISCUSSION AGAIN? WITH 2524 POST YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER THAN TO START WHAT, THE 6TH TOPIC ABOUT THIS!

Its worth discussing, it would have also been the best option for brian and roger, they would have got alot more respect for that than what they are doing now.

Freddie Mercury is God

Winter Land Man user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jake
Winter Land Man
Deity: 4400 posts

Posted: 19 Sep 08, 20:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Paul sings rockier than Roger Taylor and Brian May. That's a FACT!

"Please buy my upcoming album... I need the money"
Raf user not visiting Queenzone.com
Stop this noise!
Raf
Deity: 8274 posts

Posted: 19 Sep 08, 20:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Will the drummer explode? I dig that kind of thing.

(O_O')

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Universe rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin' to the mighty power of rock'n'roll!
Knute user not visiting Queenzone.com
Knute
Bohemian: 807 posts

Posted: 19 Sep 08, 20:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Even better would be an animatronic Freddie, like what you see at Disneyland.

Imagine the roar of the crowd when 'Freddie' first breaks into the iconic Wembley pose.

Ray D O'Gaga user not visiting Queenzone.com
Get down, make love
Ray D O'Gaga
Royalty: 1259 posts

Posted: 19 Sep 08, 21:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Knute wrote:

Imagine the roar of the crowd when 'Freddie' first breaks into the iconic Wembley pose.

Even better - Robo-Fred malfunctions, kills Brian, Roger, and half the audience, and as a tribute to them all, John Deacon comes out of retirement and goes on tour with Paul Rodgers as Queen + Paul Rodgers. Dead brilliant.

Blow it out your ass.
inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 19 Sep 08, 22:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Treasure Moment wrote:

They are already using freddie footage on several songs, what they should have done is to JUST have freddie footage on all songs and play to that and have john with them and tour under the QUEEN name. That would have been sooo much better than the thing they are doing now.

TROLL

inu-liger

Treasure Moment wrote:

TROLL

inu-liger

Treasure Moment wrote:

henke1980 wrote:

Treasure Moment wrote:

Its worth discussing, it would have also been the best option for brian and roger, they would have got alot more respect for that than what they are doing now.

TROLL

Pierre user not visiting Queenzone.com
Pierre
Bohemian: 294 posts

Posted: 20 Sep 08, 01:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Treasure Moment wrote:

Indeed TRÅLL !

Queen 2 Forever.
inu-liger

Posted: 20 Sep 08, 01:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ray D O'Gaga wrote:

Knute wrote:

Even better - Robo-Fred malfunctions, kills Brian, Roger, and half the audience, and as a tribute to them all, John Deacon comes out of retirement and goes on tour with Paul Rodgers as Queen + Paul Rodgers. Dead brilliant.

I can see the next album title: "The Man In The Shadows Rocks"

Treasure Moment

Posted: 20 Sep 08, 02:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Pierre wrote:

Treasure Moment wrote:

Indeed TRÅLL !

you people are extremely stupid and ignorant

Freddie Mercury is God

inu-liger

Posted: 20 Sep 08, 02:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Treasure Moment wrote:

Pierre wrote:

Treasure Moment wrote:

Indeed TRÅLL !

TROLL

Hitman1965 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hitman1965
Bohemian: 247 posts

Posted: 20 Sep 08, 05:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Treasure Moment wrote:

It's about musical progression not some two hour plus road show honouring Freddie. If you don't get this you obviously don't understand anything about a band playing live. If I want this type of experience I'd watch an old Queen DVD. I appreciate your enthusiasm but realistically it'll never happen.

Hitman1965 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hitman1965
Bohemian: 247 posts

Posted: 20 Sep 08, 05:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Treasure Moment wrote:

Pierre wrote:

Treasure Moment wrote:

Indeed TRÅLL !

Comments like this are childish. You started the thread and all you can come up with when people obviously disagree is rubbish like this. No wonder you have no fans!

Treasure Moment

Posted: 20 Sep 08, 06:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hitman1965 wrote:

Treasure Moment wrote:

It's about musical progression not some two hour plus road show honouring Freddie. If you don't get this you obviously don't understand anything about a band playing live. If I want this type of experience I'd watch an old Queen DVD. I appreciate your enthusiasm but realistically it'll never happen.

Im just saying they would have got alot more respect for doing that instead as they already use freddie footage on several songs, its impossible to even come close to the quality of queen without freddie so why use the name and ruin it? they should have just kept the memory alive and played with freddie footage.

Freddie Mercury is God

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 20 Sep 08, 09:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie sucked anyway.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller