Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > welcome to your new "INNEUNDO" lossless hub!!! :-D

forum rss feed
Author

fatoldsun user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 79 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Sep 08, 11:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ok, now this MAY only be temporary while i sort out a few things but an old mate of mine came through for me and has been kind enough to host the hub for us.

now this will be a public hub to save my mate from having to create all the new users n shit like that, so you'll be able to connect to this straight away, there is no rego's.

so. because there are no rego's, your nickname will appear as the nickname you have in ur DC++ settings.

if you log on and there isn't many people around, PLEASE stick around, because it'll be slow going for a few days i'm guessing, so the more people we get in the better.

to connect...
go to FAV HUBS...
click NEW
in NAME type "innuendo hub"
in address type "innuendo.servebeer.com:7706" and press ok
now double click on that hub and cha-ching haha :)

its that easy.

hope to see some of you there soon.

PS. we only JUST opened the hub so things like the welcome notes and features will get built as we go.

THE OFFICIAL RULES...
Rule 01 - Treat everyone with respect. If you have a problem, private message an OP.
Rule 02 - No Sharing of WMA, WAV, MP2, MP3, MPC, M4A, OGG, MKW, XM, or EXE Files are allowed. (INSTANT BAN APPLIES)
Rule 03 - All ops are to be obeyed.
Rule 04 - No official material currenty available.
Rule 05 - Roio's must be in lossless formats; SHN, FLAC, APE
Rule 06 - Please include MD5's with SHN
Rule 07 - ALL RoIO's must have a .TXT file with the info
Rule 08 - Do Not use any person's first name or surname in main chat without permission.
Rule 09 - Stay logged in. Bouncing in and out of the hub will get you time banned
Rule 10 - All OP's are to be obeyed.
Rule 11 - No unfinished RoIO's are allowed in your share list.
Rule 12 - No Sharing of ANY material which has been converted or renamed from its original format.
Rule 13 - Keep you share folders neat and tidy
Rule 14 - Minimum share size 10GB (new members have 30 days to acquire this amount and MUST approach an OP)
Rule 15 - Minimum 2 open slots/hub (if you are in 2 different hubs, you must have at least 4 upload slots)
Rule 16 - HAVE FUN!!! :-)

Blackpanther user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 3 posts

Posted: 20 Sep 08, 13:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Cool, friendly hub. Definately glad I joined. This is something we have been needing.

TimBHM user not visiting Queenzone.com
TimBHM
Bohemian: 889 posts

Posted: 20 Sep 08, 17:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sounds good but my ISP is so flaky I'm sure to get an instant bannination for bouncing in and out! Now where did I leave my DC++ install...?

Posted: 20 Sep 08, 17:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

TimBHM wrote:

Sounds good but my ISP is so flaky I'm sure to get an instant bannination for bouncing in and out! Now where did I leave my DC++ install...?

that shouldn't be a problem. the rule isn't there for that purpose. its mainly to stop silly little leechers :)

Ray D O'Gaga user not visiting Queenzone.com
Get down, make love
Ray D O'Gaga
Royalty: 1259 posts

Posted: 20 Sep 08, 18:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"INNEUNDO" - what is that, a Mexican TV network?

Sorry, too much innuendo?

Blow it out your ass.
Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 20 Sep 08, 19:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

fatoldsun wrote:

ok, now this MAY only be temporary while i sort out a few things

Rule 11 - No official material currenty available.

That's raisin enough for me to wait until the permanent one arrives.

Ray D O'Gaga user not visiting Queenzone.com
Get down, make love
Ray D O'Gaga
Royalty: 1259 posts

Posted: 20 Sep 08, 19:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Raisins are ever so tasty.

Blow it out your ass.

Posted: 21 Sep 08, 05:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Penetration_Guru wrote:

fatoldsun wrote:

it'll be the same deal at the perm one. why would u want to download official stuff? buy it dude, it supports ur fav bands!

i think morally its a really weak effort for people to download official stuff rather than going to buy it.

TimBHM

Posted: 21 Sep 08, 05:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

fatoldsun wrote:

Penetration_Guru wrote:

fatoldsun wrote:

it'll be the same deal at the perm one. why would u want to download official stuff? buy it dude, it supports ur fav bands!

i think morally its a really weak effort for people to download official stuff rather than going to buy it.

Well I actually think there's an instance in which I would make an exception. If there's a concert floating around but one song from that concert was used for, say, Live Killers then I'd still want the *whole* concert to be available not just the bits that weren't on the album.

I'd like the rule to be relaxed so that sharing a commercially available item in its entirety would still, obviously be wrong but sharing something which had bits lifted for a commercial release would be ok.

So obviously the DVD of Wembley '86 would be a no go but the audio of the concerts used for the Montreal DVD would be ok. Similarly, anything that has been deleted and is not now available.

Posted: 21 Sep 08, 05:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

well... i dont mind if it is a full roio concert and it has a track that ended up being on an official release but the actuall official releases i dont want.

TimBHM

Posted: 21 Sep 08, 06:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

fatoldsun wrote:

well... i dont mind if it is a full roio concert and it has a track that ended up being on an official release but the actuall official releases i dont want.

Cool.

Penetration_Guru

Posted: 21 Sep 08, 13:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

fatoldsun wrote:

Penetration_Guru wrote:

fatoldsun wrote:

You misunderstand. My objection is the "currently available" part. Your original intention was no official material, period.

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts

Posted: 21 Sep 08, 19:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Penetration_Guru wrote:

Your original intention was no official material, period.

Then we should re-initiate the discussion over what is "official" material that shouldn't be shared.

a) audience recordings of officially-released shows (partial or in full)
b) radio/soundboard recordings of officially-released shows that are mixed differently or lack overdubs (partial or in full)
c) official releases that were available in limited quantities and are otherwise difficult (or even impossible) to locate

Any or all of the above?

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca

Posted: 21 Sep 08, 20:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH wrote:

Penetration_Guru wrote:

Then we should re-initiate the discussion over what is "official" material that shouldn't be shared.

b) radio/soundboard recordings of officially-released shows that are mixed differently or lack overdubs (partial or in full)
c) official releases that were available in limited quantities and are otherwise difficult (or even impossible) to locate

Any or all of the above?

to be honest i like all 3 of those. i dont like how places chop up audience recordings, and i just finished listening to the BBC Led Zep concert that was used for the official release but this was the roio version with no edits like the official release lol.

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts

Posted: 21 Sep 08, 20:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Indeed... that's my view as well.

No doubt, the fan who downloads the better version (should it exist) will almost always buy the official release anyway. So I personally don't see any problem with it.

But I'm still on the fence about C...

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 21 Sep 08, 23:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH wrote:

Penetration_Guru wrote:

Any or all of the above?

C is what really pisses me off, especially when it concerns b-sides, remixes and edits NOT available in any form worldwide at the moment, that elitists prefer to force NOT be shared losslessly anyways.

Example of what (likely) is still available on CD somewhere worldwide:

Teo Torriatte (High-Def Remix) - available on Jewels in Japan (still in print?)

Example of what is NOT available at present time anywhere (as in, OUT OF PRINT):

Stealin' (b-side to 'Breakthru', also once available on the US 'Scandal' 4-track promo CD)

A and B, I can live with, however much it WOULD be nice to have alternate (un-overdubbed RAW) sources

inu-liger

Posted: 21 Sep 08, 23:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH wrote:

Indeed... that's my view as well.

No doubt, the fan who downloads the better version (should it exist) will almost always buy the official release anyway. So I personally don't see any problem with it.

Agreed.

Only certain hardcore downloaders will go the extra mile to obtain those sources anyways. The average joe won't likely care or know. Let alone them figuring out how to burn FLAC to CD :-)

bobo the chimp user is on Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 22 Sep 08, 00:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Upload everything, it'll be funny.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
inu-liger

Posted: 22 Sep 08, 00:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

Upload everything, it'll be funny.

LOL.

Well actually I've got some nice recent high-def vinyl transfers of certain out-of-print titles I'd LIKE to share....but shall have to wait and see.

As it is, I refuse to support this project at present time.

Penetration_Guru

Posted: 22 Sep 08, 02:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH wrote:

Penetration_Guru wrote:

Any or all of the above?

a & b are interesting discussions that I can see need to be had. c, however, is where I differ. I don't care if it was only made available on 1 CD in Mongolia, NO OFFICIAL MATERIAL. That covers the French edit of Bo Rhap, the Mexican Let Me Live, Now I'm Here from Hammersmith 79, Hammer To Fall from Rio and every other obscurity.

Collect it properly or go without.