Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Alternative Names to Queen + PR

forum rss feed
Author

SomebodyWhoLoves user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 842 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Sep 08, 04:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Clearly, Brian May and Roger Taylor made a mistake to call their new band, "Queen + PR" because they are inviting comparisons to the Original Queen Legacy.

IMO, they should've left the "Queen" name alone. That band is forever gone, now living in the Halls of Time as the Best Band ever.


Instead, they should've announced the formation of a New Group Entirely. And called themselves:

"Queen II"

That way, people would know it's a new group entirely, but still has some link to their past.

Queen II.

I like it.



DrummerBoy | MMVIII user not visiting Queenzone.com
DrummerBoy | MMVIII
Champion: 61 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Sep 08, 05:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Queen (2 + 4)"...?


no but seriously, Queen, Queen + PR, Bob the builder's rock revolution,

they have the right to call them selves whatever they want . just be grateful that those who came too late to see the original, get a chance to see those who are left.


my 2.5 cents worth


"Cry Havoc, And Let Slip The Dogs Of War"
Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Sep 08, 09:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Quodgers...that's what they shoulda gone with. ;-P

princetom user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 664 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Sep 08, 09:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

'the noodles'. simple as that.


prince[tOM]
new one user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 201 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Sep 08, 10:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I thought the guy who started this thread said yeterday he was leaving Queenzone for good?

Oh well I'm glad you didn't otherwise we may have never gotten the chance to take part in this facinating debate of why they are calling themselves Queen or why they are calling themselves Queen+ Paul Rodgers or Green Onions or Queen 2 or whatever? BORING!!!!

new one user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 201 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Sep 08, 10:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Erin wrote:

Quodgers...that's what they shoulda gone with. ;-P


That could work!! Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome on stage the one and only QUADGERS! Yip I like that

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18474 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Sep 08, 10:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How about...

"SomebodyWhoLoves is a fucking twat and we can call ourselves whatever the hell we want because it's our fucking band that we created. Now take your over-christian and womanizing ass elsewhere, and don't slam the door on your way out, despite saying you'd leave, even though nobody cared."

It has a nice ring to it, I think.



"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski



http://www.queenlive.ca
Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Sep 08, 10:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

^^Oh, snap!

new one user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 201 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Sep 08, 10:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH wrote:

How about...

"SomebodyWhoLoves is a fucking twat and we can call ourselves whatever the hell we want because it's our fucking band that we created. Now take your over-christian and womanizing ass elsewhere, and don't slam the door on your way out, despite saying you'd leave, even though nobody cared."

It has a nice ring to it, I think.


I can't help thinking that this thread was started to get a reaction such as that. Just ignore his topic and perhaps he will make good on his promise and leave.

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18474 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Sep 08, 10:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

new one wrote:

I can't help thinking that this thread was started to get a reaction such as that. Just ignore his topic and perhaps he will make good on his promise and leave.


Hooray :)

It seems everyone's feeding the trolls here lately, and I was feeling extra generous this morning.



"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski



http://www.queenlive.ca
DrummerBoy | MMVIII user not visiting Queenzone.com
DrummerBoy | MMVIII
Champion: 61 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Sep 08, 10:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

THE QUADGERS ROCKS !!!

(an obvious pun)


"Cry Havoc, And Let Slip The Dogs Of War"
MartynR90 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 8 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Sep 08, 10:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

phoenix???

Ray D O'Gaga user not visiting Queenzone.com
Get down, make love
Ray D O'Gaga
Royalty: 1259 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Sep 08, 11:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SomebodyWhoLoves wrote:

Clearly, Brian May and Roger Taylor made a mistake to call their new band, "Queen + PR" because they are inviting comparisons to the Original Queen Legacy.

IMO, they should've left the "Queen" name alone. That band is forever gone, now living in the Halls of Time as the Best Band ever.


Instead, they should've announced the formation of a New Group Entirely. And called themselves:

"Queen II"

That way, people would know it's a new group entirely, but still has some link to their past.

Queen II.

I like it.



What an unfortunately brief exile.

So calling it "Queen + Paul Rodgers" invites comparisons to the Original Queen Legacy (note the initial caps, Signifying Importance) but calling it "Queen II" doesn't.

You're a moron. I'm sorry, I know its rude, but you're just a moron.


Blow it out your ass.
Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Sep 08, 11:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SomebodyWhoLoves wrote:

I'm leaving not because of any flames I've received here.
Bye!


Yeah, fucko, you're leaving.

You think you could take your moronic ideas with you? Maybe BonJoviZone is hiring...

Treasure Moment user not visiting Queenzone.com
Treasure Moment
Deity: 3413 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Sep 08, 11:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Paul rodgers feat brian may and roger taylor, because thats what the new album sounds like.


Freddie Mercury is God

TREASURE MOMENT: Continuing QUEENs footsteps

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

Ray D O'Gaga user not visiting Queenzone.com
Get down, make love
Ray D O'Gaga
Royalty: 1259 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Sep 08, 11:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Treasure Moment wrote:

Paul rodgers feat brian may and roger taylor, because thats what the new album sounds like.


You're also a moron.


Blow it out your ass.
Treasure Moment user not visiting Queenzone.com
Treasure Moment
Deity: 3413 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Sep 08, 11:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ray D O'Gaga wrote:

Treasure Moment wrote:

Paul rodgers feat brian may and roger taylor, because thats what the new album sounds like.


You're also a moron.


YOU are the moron who cant accept obvious facts.


Freddie Mercury is God

TREASURE MOMENT: Continuing QUEENs footsteps

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

Josh Henson user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 693 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Sep 08, 11:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Treasure Moment wrote:

Ray D O'Gaga wrote:

Treasure Moment wrote:

Paul rodgers feat brian may and roger taylor, because thats what the new album sounds like.


You're also a moron.


YOU are the moron who cant accept obvious facts.


I agree; this sounds nothing like May or Taylor. It's all Paul Rodgers w/ the other 2 helping out. Obviously, except for SINT.


I'm just getting used to my new exposure

Come into my enclosure

And meet my melancholy blues
Dan C. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Dan C.
Royalty: 1544 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Sep 08, 13:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've always liked Queedgers myself...


"The tri-tone is the Devil's interval, and he demands resolution." - Richard Lloyd
Hitman1965 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hitman1965
Bohemian: 247 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Sep 08, 13:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Treasure Moment?