Author

John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Sep 08, 00:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Back to being a PC numpty...

How do I burn DVD files?

I have a few DVD's on my hard drive. They are not image files and cannot be burned as such.

Rather they seem to be a collection of (like Queen in Karikov) Video TS - files.

The complete discs are there including menus and tracks, but when I burn them, the disc is just a collection of VTS files and does not play on my DVD player. (In other words the DVD is an exact copy of the folder on my PC).

Nero Vision will allow me to make a playable stand alone DVD - but I need to make up new menus which are totally un-needed.

So how can I turn a ripped DVD (that is not an image) into a gelled and working DVD?

"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."
pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10072 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Sep 08, 04:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John S Stuart wrote:

Back to being a PC numpty...

How do I burn DVD files?

I have a few DVD's on my hard drive. They are not image files and cannot be burned as such.

Rather they seem to be a collection of (like Queen in Karikov) Video TS - files.

The complete discs are there including menus and tracks, but when I burn them, the disc is just a collection of VTS files and does not play on my DVD player. (In other words the DVD is an exact copy of the folder on my PC).

Nero Vision will allow me to make a playable stand alone DVD - but I need to make up new menus which are totally un-needed.

So how can I turn a ripped DVD (that is not an image) into a gelled and working DVD?

Hi John,
the easiest (and safiest) way how to do it is to put all the files into a folder called VIDEO_TS, and burn it with ImgBurn (http://www.imgburn.com/)
in "Build" mode