Forums > Queen - General Discussion > GRAHAM GOULDMAN - 10CC STAR JEALOUS OF QUEEN'S SUCCESS

forum rss feed
Author

sandrativadar user not visiting Queenzone.com
Freddie is love of my life
sandrativadar

add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Oct 08, 03:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

10cc rocker GRAHAM GOULDMAN is disappointed his band is overshadowed by the success of rivals QUEEN and DAVID BOWIE - insisting they were just as prominent on the 1970s music scene.
The guitarist concedes it was the band's image and lack of leadership which has left them out of the music magazines and polls.
He says, "I'm not happy with our place in pop hierarchy. I think it should be more recognised.
"I was reading an old music magazine's article, Important Records From the Seventies, and we never seem to get mentioned in those things.
"It's always Bowie and Queen and that gets on my nerves a bit."

2008.10.07 07:09:12 de.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/10cc%20star%20jealous%20of%20queens%20success_1082745

Sandra /Hungary
bhm0129ad user not visiting Queenzone.com
Givin' it to 'em
bhm0129ad
Bohemian: 125 posts

Posted: 07 Oct 08, 10:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well maybe 10cc should have made a few more better songs. I bought teir greatest hits on the back of I'm Not In Love, Cry and Dreadlock holiday, and found that they are the only tunes I like on the whole album, so never listen to it.

Throw it in the lake, dear
anna_libra user not visiting Queenzone.com
anna_libra
Rocker: 44 posts

Posted: 07 Oct 08, 11:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

moaning sucker isn't he?

champagne in a glass slipper
Rik&Roll user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 197 posts

Posted: 07 Oct 08, 11:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

10CC was way ahead of it's time, and deserve to be recognized as such. Just like Bowie and Queen.

coops user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 403 posts

Posted: 07 Oct 08, 11:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I saw 10CC live a few times in the early 70,s. and they were very good.  The quality of their music droopped a liottle toward the end of their career, but I do think they were a great band.

Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 07 Oct 08, 16:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

10cc did some truly great stuff, but not for as long.

Soul Brother user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 411 posts

Posted: 07 Oct 08, 16:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Too late, they've missed the bus!  If you don't connect with the public consciousness then you simply won't be remembered.  No point in whinging on now, regardless of how 'good' they may have been, and I appreciate that it is not all about popularity.

He's my best friend he's my champion
david (galashiels) user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2020 posts

Posted: 07 Oct 08, 17:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

didnt they split into seperate bands and go on for more chaart hits.i think godley and  cream or crem were one.i liked 10cc,good songs.

xxxpwxxx user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 155 posts

Posted: 07 Oct 08, 18:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

'the things we do for love' is a good song. it's definately an enjoyable tune......

Baby you've been had......
Brian_Mays_Wig user not visiting Queenzone.com
Brian_Mays_Wig
Deity: 2934 posts

Posted: 08 Oct 08, 11:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jealousy...Look at me now, Jealousy, youv'e got me some how.........

Chom own mudder fukker.
master marathon runner user not visiting Queenzone.com
master marathon runner
Royalty: 1237 posts

Posted: 09 Oct 08, 09:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes Graeme, i must concede you've just about got it right there mate. While i've loved queen for 34 years, 10 cc were probably the only other group who ( as paul rogers recently put it, when referring to queen)  would turn left when you expected them to turn right. Very original, dynamic and grounbreaking. How they dont get more recognition i dont know. Their majesties would have been proud of 'I'm Mandy, fly me'

Master Marathon Runner
Markman38 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 295 posts

Posted: 09 Oct 08, 11:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

10CC made some great music. But there where two problems they didn't have a great live performance with a great frontman and they split up to fast. When Godley and Creme left they turned into more middle of the road music although Dreadlock Holiday is off course a classic. And they just didn't keep it together as long as Queen did. But songs like Donna, Wall Street Shuffle, Silly Love and Ribber Bullets, I;n not in Love Dreadlock Holliday are all classics. But it's a pity that Graham Gouldman had to made a statement like that. Just make another great album Graham and proof us that we where wrong.

Treasure Moment user not visiting Queenzone.com
Treasure Moment
Deity: 3413 posts

Posted: 09 Oct 08, 11:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

sandrativadar wrote:

10cc rocker GRAHAM GOULDMAN is disappointed his band is overshadowed by the success of rivals QUEEN and DAVID BOWIE - insisting they were just as prominent on the 1970s music scene. The guitarist concedes it was the band's image and lack of leadership which has left them out of the music magazines and polls. He says, "I'm not happy with our place in pop hierarchy. I think it should be more recognised. "I was reading an old music magazine's article, Important Records From the Seventies, and we never seem to get mentioned in those things. "It's always Bowie and Queen and that gets on my nerves a bit." 2008.10.07 07:09:12 de. http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/10cc%20star%20jealous%20of%20queens%20success_1082745

He can fuck off! he is the dirt under freddies shoes! NO BAND can ever beat Queen, there can be only 1 and that is Freddie, everyone else is below.

Freddie Mercury is God

TREASURE MOMENT: Continuing QUEENs footsteps

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

Saif user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1109 posts

Posted: 09 Oct 08, 11:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Treasure Moment wrote:

sandrativadar wrote: 10cc rocker GRAHAM GOULDMAN is disappointed his band is overshadowed by the success of rivals QUEEN and DAVID BOWIE - insisting they were just as prominent on the 1970s music scene. The guitarist concedes it was the band's image and lack of leadership which has left them out of the music magazines and polls. He says, "I'm not happy with our place in pop hierarchy. I think it should be more recognised. "I was reading an old music magazine's article, Important Records From the Seventies, and we never seem to get mentioned in those things. "It's always Bowie and Queen and that gets on my nerves a bit." 2008.10.07 07:09:12 de. http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/10cc%20star%20jealous%20of%20queens%20success_1082745 He can fuck off! he is the dirt under freddies shoes! NO BAND can ever beat Queen, there can be only 1 and that is Freddie, everyone else is below.

There are bands better than Queen and you know it.

"only way to really know what the hell we are doing on this earth is through sacred plants and mushrooms." - Treasure Moment
L-R-TIGER1994 user not visiting Queenzone.com
member of the Royal Family
L-R-TIGER1994
Deity: 3652 posts

Posted: 09 Oct 08, 12:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Graham:Freddie and Bowie are above your band because they are simply BETTER.

Heap big woman you made an asshole outta me....gimme your bums and ride!!!!!!
Bo Rhap user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bo Rhap
Bohemian: 534 posts

Posted: 09 Oct 08, 16:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

10 CC were a really good band.I remember seeing them as Hotlegs back in the very early seventies.Eric Stewart,Graham Gouldman, Kevin Godley and Lol Creme were a very talented bunch of musicians.But they kinda blew it mid seventies when Kevin Godley and Lol Creme decided to leave.Thier music,although still good,kinda went down hill after that.

I'm surprised at Graham Gouldman for saying that though.

I never forget a face,

but in your case i'll be glad to

make an exception-Groucho Marx
Treasure Moment user not visiting Queenzone.com
Treasure Moment
Deity: 3413 posts

Posted: 09 Oct 08, 16:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Saif wrote:   Treasure Moment wrote: sandrativadar wrote: 10cc rocker GRAHAM GOULDMAN is disappointed his band is overshadowed by the success of rivals QUEEN and DAVID BOWIE - insisting they were just as prominent on the 1970s music scene. The guitarist concedes it was the band's image and lack of leadership which has left them out of the music magazines and polls. He says, "I'm not happy with our place in pop hierarchy. I think it should be more recognised. "I was reading an old music magazine's article, Important Records From the Seventies, and we never seem to get mentioned in those things. "It's always Bowie and Queen and that gets on my nerves a bit." 2008.10.07 07:09:12 de.[url=http://www.contactmusic.com:80/news.nsf/article/10cc%20star%20jealous%20of%20queens%20success_1082745] He can fuck off! he is the dirt under freddies shoes! NO BAND can ever beat Queen, there can be only 1 and that is Freddie, everyone else is below.There are bands better than Queen and you know it.hah, in their dreams, as i said NO BAND can EVER beat Queen and that has all to do with Freddie."> http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/10cc%20star%20jealous%20of%20queens%20success_1082745> He can fuck off! he is the dirt under freddies shoes! NO BAND can ever beat Queen, there can be only 1 and that is Freddie, everyone else is below.

There are bands better than Queen and you know it.

hah, in their dreams, as i said NO BAND can EVER beat Queen and that has all to do with Freddie.

[/url]

Freddie Mercury is God

TREASURE MOMENT: Continuing QUEENs footsteps

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

Posted: 10 Oct 08, 06:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@TM

I think that even Freddie would admit that there where better bands he was a fan of Jimmy Hendrikx and The Beatles himself

Leaky Luke user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 619 posts

Posted: 10 Oct 08, 10:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Don't bother trying to convince him. he is just narrow minded..

Micrówave wrote: I would prefer they release a concert of all four sitting at a table just talking about Queen without exerting any kind of energy. Well, maybe Fred can smoke

Posted: 10 Oct 08, 10:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I know and his brilliant music is not so brilliant, not really bad either, but it's always great to piss him off a bit :-)