Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Glasgow pre gig (Some Things That Glitter)

forum rss feed
Author

DECCA 39 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 8 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Oct 08, 14:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Traveling to the glasgow gig, staying over in the kelvngrove park area. Anyone tell me the best way to get down to the SECC from there? is it in walking distance? Any good bars on the way? whats the crack. any help would be appreciated. Thanks    P.S Some things that glitter. best song on album. can that man sing? (goose bumps every time)

I lie in wait with open eyes.
dbruce user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 163 posts

Posted: 10 Oct 08, 16:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Don't know exactly where you're staying, but if you head to Argyle Street and start heading east (towards the city) until you reach PC World, then turn right down the road just before it and then first left, it'll get you to the Exhibition Centre station, which has an overpass leading to the SECC. Will be tonnes of walkers around for you to follow - the SECC carpark is a nightmare for getting out of so people will tend to park in that general area and walk over. (That's what I'm doing) Would definitely be something special to hear STTG tomorrow, but I'll be happy whatever they play!

david (galashiels) user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2020 posts

Posted: 10 Oct 08, 17:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

dbruce you scare me.whats wrong with the car park.i was hoping to use it.

Nightjar_ user not visiting Queenzone.com
Nightjar_
Bohemian: 198 posts

Posted: 10 Oct 08, 17:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The car park just takes ages to get out of. As said previously if you park at the bridge, Minerva St (of Argyle st heading to the west end) then you'll get free parking and an easier off from the SECC http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=257250&y=665250&z=1&sv=257250,665250&st=4&ar=N&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf Not long now....

I was born on the 22nd floor of a bird cage
david (galashiels) user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2020 posts

Posted: 10 Oct 08, 17:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thanks for the help.cheers.