Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Direct question to Brian and Roger !

forum rss feed
Author

queenfanbg user not visiting Queenzone.com
queenfanbg
Bohemian: 305 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Oct 08, 17:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ok,enough with the Queen+PR crap,i'm askin simple question:when u will release "Face It Alone:,"Assassin" and other real Queen staff,u said 2009-remember,well,we knocking on it and if u not make it i gonna be shame both of u.
Thats it.
I,and milions fans waiting....



"Queen are: Freddie Mercury,Roger Taylor, John Deacon and Brian May"
mr mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam who?????
mr mercury
Deity: 4630 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Oct 08, 18:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



queenfanbg wrote:

Ok,enough with the Queen+PR crap,i'm askin simple question:when u will release "Face It Alone:,"Assassin" and other real Queen staff,u said 2009-remember,well,we knocking on it and if u not make it i gonna be shame both of u.
Thats it.
I,and milions fans waiting....



You seriously think that Brian and Roger and Paul, who are rather busy with the tour at the moment, are gonna bother their collective arses to read this thread?

You will be waiting a long, long time. 






"Normally i can't dance to save my life.

But as soon as I step in dog shit, I can moonwalk better than Michael Jackson."
Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Oct 08, 20:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

queenfanbg, you are in luck ... today, Brian sent me an email and asked me to forward it on. (He was having difficulty logging into his account, "Queen Archivist".) I reproduce it here in full.

Hi Lester

Thanks for emailing me about this. (By the way, how's the weather there ? ha ha.......!)

Please tell queen fan bg and all the millions of fans out there that, the moment they stop asking for these songs, is when we will release them. Until then, they'll have to make do with the Singles Box Set Volume 1 as well as a Greatest Hits IV, due to be released in November. I can't tell you the full track list but I do know that it will have the John Farnham, Britney Spears/Pink/Beyonce, and Five versions of WWRY, plus C-Lebrity and Say It's Not True ... Oh, by the way, we've altered our stance and are now allowing anything that's reached the UK Top 100 to be on GH albums.

cheers (or, as my good friend Richard Starkey says, "peace and love", ha ha !!!)

-Bri

P.S. Are we going to see you around in Philadelphia next spring? Rog and I are looking for a place to crash, so if you have a spare bed or two, could we stay with you? Paul can sleep on the floor, if he wants. Rock!


inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Oct 08, 20:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Lester Burnham wrote:

queenfanbg, you are in luck ... today, Brian sent me an email and asked me to forward it on. (He was having difficulty logging into his account, "Queen Archivist".) I reproduce it here in full.

Hi Lester

Thanks for emailing me about this. (By the way, how's the weather there ? ha ha.......!)

Please tell queen fan bg and all the millions of fans out there that, the moment they stop asking for these songs, is when we will release them. Until then, they'll have to make do with the Singles Box Set Volume 1 as well as a Greatest Hits IV, due to be released in November. I can't tell you the full track list but I do know that it will have the John Farnham, Britney Spears/Pink/Beyonce, and Five versions of WWRY, plus C-Lebrity and Say It's Not True ... Oh, by the way, we've altered our stance and are now allowing anything that's reached the UK Top 100 to be on GH albums.

cheers (or, as my good friend Richard Starkey says, "peace and love", ha ha !!!)

-Bri

P.S. Are we going to see you around in Philadelphia next spring? Rog and I are looking for a place to crash, so if you have a spare bed or two, could we stay with you? Paul can sleep on the floor, if he wants. Rock!


LOL!


Adolfo and the spiders from Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adolfo and the spiders from Mercury
Royalty: 1054 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Oct 08, 02:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

listen queenfagbg - I find your post extremely insulting, you do not demand stuff like that to whom this website is made for

you are just more of the kind of people that make this sit suck



:)
Adolfo and the spiders from Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adolfo and the spiders from Mercury
Royalty: 1054 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Oct 08, 02:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

listen queenfagbg - I find your post extremely insulting, you do not demand stuff like that to whom this website is made for

you are just more of the kind of people that make this sit suck



:)
q-_-p user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 239 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Oct 08, 07:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote















queenfanbg wrote:







Ok,enough with the Queen+PR crap,i'm askin simple question:when u will release "Face It Alone:,"Assassin" and other real Queen staff,u said 2009-remember,well,we knocking on it and if u not make it i gonna be shame both of u.
Thats it.
I,and milions fans waiting....







This is the wrong place to get in contact with Brian May.

However, if you want to get in touch with The poodle-permed great the address you can write to is:















4 Battersea Park Road
Wandsworth
London
SW8 4AA







Phone number is 020 7622 3626
















Liverpool Arena, 17th October 2008: Lovely stuff!

Manchester MEN, 4th May 2005: F*cking superb.

Registered: Wednesday, July 25, 2001
masterstroke_84 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 542 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Oct 08, 08:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As long Brian & Rog. can play, sing, make albums and tour... I dont want old material released... is just a waste of time considering that their careers are finishing in a few more years... the tapes can wait... they´re not. 
We´re all prefer Brian on stage rocking more that in a room with an editor working on old things... that again... CAN WAIT.

GO Q+PR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





Queen rocks!
Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Oct 08, 11:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

queenfanbg:

Obviously you have no background in marketing or music production, so let me fill you in on a real simple concept.  I call it the Greatest Hits concept.

Myself?  I'm a "deep cut" guy.  I love listening to the other tracks on the album, not just the hits.  That being said, I think I have a pretty decent grasp on what is more appealling to a wider audience.  For instance, You And I may be a very good song, but it was a poor single choice.  They weren't about to play that at the local Roller rink.

So let me ask you.  If you were to go to Best Buy and get a Queen CD of random songs, not just an album, what would gravitate you more:  (a) Queen Greatest Hits (b) The Best Of Queen (c) Hits! (d) 27 Golden Greats or (e) The Worst of Queen

My thinking is you would probably avoid "e".  So why release "e"?  For the "fans"?  "Fans" don't make you the kind of money airplay and exposure do.

So I would stick to trolling the internet for unreleased Queen songs.  There's a reason why they didn't release 'em, you know... and you don't have a vote as to what goes on and what gets cut from the album.

FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Oct 08, 16:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



masterstroke_84 wrote:

As long Brian & Rog. can play, sing, make albums and tour... I dont want old material released... is just a waste of time considering that their careers are finishing in a few more years... the tapes can wait... they´re not. 
We´re all prefer Brian on stage rocking more that in a room with an editor working on old things... that again... CAN WAIT.

GO Q+PR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I totally agree.
I used to be a very big collector of unreleased studio stuff. But ever since the Queen + Paul Rodgers thing started I can't be arsed to look for demo's and so on.











"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."



(Genesis 1:1)
Markman38 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 295 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Oct 08, 19:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There is one good argument to make this question. You're asking to the guys who co wrote The Miracle, so maybe when the unreleased recording fairytale passes by the open window of Rog and Brian we all can sing.

We're having a miracle on earth
QP is releasing rarities
etc etc

Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Oct 08, 23:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



 



Lester Burnham wrote:



 



P.S. Are we going to see you around in Philadelphia next spring? Rog and I are looking for a place to crash, so if you have a spare bed or two, could we stay with you? Paul can sleep on the floor, if he wants. Rock!





 


LOL! ;-D