Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Liverpool anyone??

forum rss feed
Author

Breakthru_Sep user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 92 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Oct 08, 19:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I know the tour progresses with little change but were there any new songs in Liverpool? I haven't seen any news on Liverpool anywhere...

Get on your bikes and ride!
Satriani user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 36 posts

Posted: 18 Oct 08, 19:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've just got back from the Liverpool gig - I really enjoyed it!  The set list was exactly the same as when I saw them a few days ago in Birmingham.

Rich Tea user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 248 posts

Posted: 18 Oct 08, 20:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Great Gig a bit of Beatles in Brians solo, Band on top form, Danny back and crowd fantastic.

Bed now but will try and put my pics up tomorrow I got some good ones!!

Shadow boxing with yourself just seems to get you no where!
leia user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 34 posts

Posted: 19 Oct 08, 04:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well I don't often post in here, however I've got to say that they were very good in Liverpool last night.  No surprises on the set list, except perhaps a change in Brian's opening to his solo, by adding the intro of Daytripper if I recall rightly.

This was a much more polished performance by the band compared to Manchester 05, when I last saw them.  With Roger taking the vocals on AKOM, and with Paul not using the guitar on Crazy, for some reason made those poor performances of them songs go away and the inclusion in the set a stronger. 

The choice of the newer songs which joined the set was so well thought out and old and new seamed together effortlessly.  A great night, the only downsides were the two blokes who were ultimately ejected who stood by the mixing desk, and just prior to them being shown the door, the young woman in need of first aid, as she collapsed, I do hope she's ok. The other thing I noticed was the lack of youngsters in the crowd, no next generation of Queen fans coming through?

-adventure seeker- user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 182 posts

Posted: 19 Oct 08, 05:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

wow, i was front row, it was amazing, i cant say how awsome it was, anybody saying that the band wasnt on form needs there heads and ears cheking, it was clear they were loving it. it was something specail, i had a great spot rite at the end of the B stage on the left. the set is so tight, highlight songs for me were:

bad company
c-lebirty
we bielive
tie your mother down
allright now
rock you
srufs up

haha quite a few, there was a week song, it was awsome! roll on manchester!

'ill see you in hell, some other time'

I MET BRIAN MAY!! 14th april 2008

THE COSMOS ROCKS!

Posted: 19 Oct 08, 05:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

leia wrote:

. The other thing I noticed was the lack of youngsters in the crowd, no next generation of Queen fans coming through?

p.s i waited in the que from 9.30 ish i was at the front. im 17 [img=/images/smiley/msn/teeth_smile.gif][/img] have no fear Queen live on!

THE COSMOS ROCKS!
Hitman1965 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hitman1965
Bohemian: 247 posts

Posted: 19 Oct 08, 06:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hitman1965

Posted: 19 Oct 08, 06:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

-adventure seeker- wrote:

leia wrote:

. The other thing I noticed was the lack of youngsters in the crowd, no next generation of Queen fans coming through?

p.s i waited in the que from 9.30 ish i was at the front. im 17 [img=/images/smiley/msn/teeth_smile.gif][/img] have no fear Queen live on!

By the way - where did you get the black Paul Rodgers t-shirt from?  And to add to the comments about age mix there was about 20 under 25s all at the front - talking to them the majority started with their first concerts in 05 and have come back for more in 08 so I'd say from first hand that there's plenty of young blood supporting the tour.

On a more personal note - one of the best Queen concerts I've been to.  39 to me was a fantastic highlight - the band and in particular Brian made a big effort to involve the audience in the song. 

Cosmos Rocks live is just amazing and should be a single at some point.  They completely brought the house down with this one.

Coming back to the youth thing.  The young lady next to me chucked a pair of black knickers at Roger but he was too cool to pick them up. 

All in all well worth the 10 hour wait in the queue in the freezing cold.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-QMH5zS03n0
/> />
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6xaj_ayVn9Y
/> />

lostockkid user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 14 posts

Posted: 19 Oct 08, 06:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There were youngsters there - I had two 11 and 14.

Great show - I was sitting in a block level with the end of the walkway - the tickets came through the fan club - so likely to be other fan club members around me judging by the t-shirts. But where was the lifa and passion in the fans. It was like they were at home watching a DVD.

The looks I got when I stood up - how can you sit and not move when the band came and sit motionless to Tie Your Mother Down. Are all just gettign too old????

Come on let's see some energy and make the rest of the gigs ones to remember.

PS The band were superb. Loved the building of the kit around Roger as he played.

woodi485485 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 86 posts

Posted: 19 Oct 08, 06:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amazing show, everyone was on top form, although I don't know why it took so long for people in the seats to get to thier feet!

The only bad moment I saw, was when some daft twat threw a bottle right at the start of the show.... the bottle hit the cameraman at the front on the head...... I am sure it will have been thrown by some pissed up idiot.

Roll on Manchester!!!!!

Attachment: DSCF6115.JPG 117 KB
This has been downloaded 56 time(s).

Cwazy little thing user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 483 posts

Posted: 19 Oct 08, 08:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Loved the show - in particular I was impressed with Brian's singing, havent heard him sound that good for quite a while!

The last hour was outstanding in particular, but I do think they should change the opening - Hammer to Fall really doesnt work, and I think some people in the audience were confused by it!

The sound folk also didnt get the vocals or lead guitar levels right until about 5 songs in - could barely hear Paul to start with.

Still, a flipping brilliant evening, and they were on great form.

Brian did "I feel fine" during his solo I think, and not Daytripper or whatever someone suggested above.

Hope someone recorded it!

Adventure Seeker on an empty street...

www.myspace.com/ampfirerock
dbruce user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 163 posts

Posted: 19 Oct 08, 10:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I drove down from Glasgow for the gig. Was totally different than last week's Glasgow gig as I was right up by the barrier, next to other "die hards" who had followed them around on tour, wearing old tour t-shirts, etc. I felt at home!!

Show was excellent, although I couldn't help but feel that Brian was a bit off in some way. Seemed a bit drained, and made a few little fluffs. The guitar solo took some interesting turns and even ended up in a minor key at one point, which it doesn't usually.

Gotta give them credit though. At their age to be playing two out of every three nights is amazing. Couldn't get over how good shape they're all in, especially Roger during the drum solo.

David

Posted: 19 Oct 08, 11:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hitman1965 wrote:

-adventure seeker- wrote:

leia wrote:

By the way - where did you get the black Paul Rodgers t-shirt from?  And to add to the comments about age mix there was about 20 under 25s all at the front - talking to them the majority started with their first concerts in 05 and have come back for more in 08 so I'd say from first hand that there's plenty of young blood supporting the tour.

On a more personal note - one of the best Queen concerts I've been to.  39 to me was a fantastic highlight - the band and in particular Brian made a big effort to involve the audience in the song. 

Cosmos Rocks live is just amazing and should be a single at some point.  They completely brought the house down with this one.

Coming back to the youth thing.  The young lady next to me chucked a pair of black knickers at Rodger but he was too cool to pick them up. 

All in all well worth the 10 hour wait in the queue in the freezing cold.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-QMH5zS03n0
/> />
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6xaj_ayVn9Y
/> />

definalty worht the wait, i saw the black knikers thing haha, i got it from pauls solo tour, which was amazin. they were so sharp. are you off to manchester?

THE COSMOS ROCKS!
Hitman1965

Posted: 19 Oct 08, 13:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Very cool top - wish Paul would release some additional items as some of the design work on his tops are really unique.  Unfortunately I'll not be making it to Manchester.  I'd like to make it to my home gig of Newcastle but work commitments tend to get in the way.  Some people yesterday had been to all of the UK gigs - lucky for them. 

If you are going to Manchester hope you have a great time and make sure you get to the end of the catwalk again - for me the only place to be :-)

If you found Liverpool a great experience you should have experienced Queen earlier in their career - you really would have been blown away I can tell you.  Not taking anything away from the recent tour - Liverpool from the front has to rate as one of my best Queen experiences to date.  110%

Did you see that there appears to be an official dance routine for Cosmos Rocks?  Now that's something new to me and something the younger Queen fans clearly bring to the changing face of Queen.  Sarah next to me should be filmed for a video for the Cosmos Rocks - great moves.

Posted: 19 Oct 08, 16:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well still recovering but still rocking from last night. OK I saw Queen loads of times with Freddie and there will never be an equal but Paul Rodgers is brilliant and what a voice. Really glad this is happening and can't wait for Manchester now!!

A few pictures added to my flickr hope you like them:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kev_inr/sets/72157608178577546/

Posted: 19 Oct 08, 18:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hitman1965 wrote:

Very cool top - wish Paul would release some additional items as some of the design work on his tops are really unique.  Unfortunately I'll not be making it to Manchester.  I'd like to make it to my home gig of Newcastle but work commitments tend to get in the way.  Some people yesterday had been to all of the UK gigs - lucky for them. 

If you are going to Manchester hope you have a great time and make sure you get to the end of the catwalk again - for me the only place to be :-)

If you found Liverpool a great experience you should have experienced Queen earlier in their career - you really would have been blown away I can tell you.  Not taking anything away from the recent tour - Liverpool from the front has to rate as one of my best Queen experiences to date.  110%

Did you see that there appears to be an official dance routine for Cosmos Rocks?  Now that's something new to me and something the younger Queen fans clearly bring to the changing face of Queen.  Sarah next to me should be filmed for a video for the Cosmos Rocks - great moves.

i actualy lay claims to one of those dance mooves! stop this noise! completely mine! hahaha i cant wait for manchster, im sitting tho :( but im standing in london hoefully.

it was amazin!

something real special,

THE COSMOS ROCKS!

Posted: 19 Oct 08, 18:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rich tea, great pictures! fantastic!

THE COSMOS ROCKS!
Nummer2 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 863 posts

Posted: 20 Oct 08, 01:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow, RichTea, I like your pictures so much, I took the time and watched them all, which I usually never do. How did you get them so steady and sharp? Did you use a tripod? Great job!

... I'll be back again before it's time for sunny-down ...
My hair's a disgrace user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 110 posts

Posted: 20 Oct 08, 11:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rich Tea wrote:

Well still recovering but still rocking from last night. OK I saw Queen loads of times with Freddie and there will never be an equal but Paul Rodgers is brilliant and what a voice. Really glad this is happening and can't wait for Manchester now!!

A few pictures added to my flickr hope you like them:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kev_inr/sets/72157608178577546/

These are awesome Rich Tea, thanks so much for putting these up ! Fantastic job. How did you manage to get so many steady shots from the standing area?

I was in Block 1, the seated area just behind where you must have been. These are my photos - not a patch on yours so it's great to see some good ones from the same angle !

Anyway, hope people enjoy these:

Queen + Paul Rodgers - Liverpool 2008

Cheers

Posted: 20 Oct 08, 12:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanx no tripod used just my trusty Fuji Finepix F50d I think being close to the stage helps as I didn't use flash.

Thank you M H D your photo's are great in fact I'm in one taking a picture (Bottom Left):

[img=http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k233/richhallx/Queen%20and%20Paul%20Rodgers%20Liverpool%202008/QueenPaulRodgersLiverpool2008149.jpg][/img][/url]