Forums > Personal > Let's share some little-known interesting facts about ourselves (Pt. 2)

forum rss feed
Author

Winter Land Man user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jake
Winter Land Man
Deity: 4400 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Oct 08, 03:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

1. I did in fact spend about five minutes or so in a jail cell back in 2005 due to a crime I committed. Isn't that interesting?

2. I have de-realization at times, when I have a panic attack. During a panic attack I also suffer from vertigo (which is also a fear of mine), shakiness, a rise in blood pressure, and uncontrolled movements (can't sit still). I don't usually have panic attacks much anymore, Thank God For Ativan (which is a tranquilizer!).

3. I'm in perfect health physically. Even my lungs, though I smoke a pack a day. Perfect weight and blood pressure, etc. Just had my STD tests a few months back and I have no STDs at all. My liver is great too. When I lost a lot of weight, I lost a lot of muscle though. And it'd be easy to dislocate my right shoulder, as I dislocated it about two years ago. I do have low sodium in my body sometimes which can cause drowsiness.

4. Due to my anxiety/depression/ADHD, I have to take 8 pills a day. Three different kinds of meds.

5. My fingernails are long right now... I could probably cultivate a garden with them.

6. I dislocated my shoulder in '06 by punching a 5 gallen paint bucket too hard (I thought it was empty). It made me so mad that I then somehow through my kitchen table across the room and broke it into pieces, and it was an antique.

7. I broke my arm by riding 27 times around a parking lot on my bicycle with no hands on the handle bars.

8. A nail went through my foot one time.

9. A refridgerator fell on my finger once.

10. I bite, so watch out! ;-)

Let's hear some interesting facts about yourselves now! (And let's try to steer clear of disgusting facts about your bodies, OK? :)

"Please buy my upcoming album... I need the money"
Jake
Winter Land Man

Posted: 22 Oct 08, 04:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yikes, I just jinxed it. I had a mild panic attack a few minutes ago and the room was spinning. It could be the beginning of a whole full blown panic attack but I somehow managed to get myself under control.

Cincinnati Bow Tie user not visiting Queenzone.com
I soiled myself, methinks.
Cincinnati Bow Tie
Champion: 71 posts

Posted: 22 Oct 08, 18:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I just recently soiled my pantaloons.

Richard M. Nixon
Jake
Winter Land Man

Posted: 22 Oct 08, 21:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Elmer Fudd Gantry wrote:

I just recently soiled my pantaloons. 

Yikes!

Adolfo and the spiders from Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adolfo and the spiders from Mercury
Royalty: 1054 posts

Posted: 23 Oct 08, 11:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

1. Im bald
2. I work making spam, but I dont send it
3. I have a weight problem
4. My second favorite band is Dream Theater
5. I have 3 electric guitar and 2 acoustics
6. I drive a Clio
7. If I drink milk Ill get gassy
8. As I'm bald, I have a hard time trying to find sunglasses that would look good on me
9. I own a Spice girl's record and a 5ive record, I dont listen to either one of those, I just have them
10. I LOVE the cosmos rocks
11. I would do some pretty nasty stuff while having sex if I was allowed
12. I had my lunch for breakfast so now I dont have anything to eat till I get off work
13. My biggest dream is to get to meet Brian May
14. I have a dog
15. there is no-one supervising my job, and I spent most of the day by myself in my office working...

:)
Jake
Winter Land Man

Posted: 23 Oct 08, 14:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adolfo wrote:

1. Im bald
2. I work making spam, but I dont send it
3. I have a weight problem
4. My second favorite band is Dream Theater
5. I have 3 electric guitar and 2 acoustics
6. I drive a Clio
7. If I drink milk Ill get gassy
8. As I'm bald, I have a hard time trying to find sunglasses that would look good on me
9. I own a Spice girl's record and a 5ive record, I dont listen to either one of those, I just have them
10. I LOVE the cosmos rocks
11. I would do some pretty nasty stuff while having sex if I was allowed
12. I had my lunch for breakfast so now I dont have anything to eat till I get off work
13. My biggest dream is to get to meet Brian May
14. I have a dog
15. there is no-one supervising my job, and I spent most of the day by myself in my office working...

Are you kidding? Bald men look good with any sunglasses!

shoemanbundy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 137 posts

Posted: 24 Oct 08, 16:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't find Treasure Moments music good at all.

I don't think TM has any of his "FACTS" straight.

In fact, i don't think HE'S straight..

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6257 posts

Posted: 25 Oct 08, 06:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Major revelations:

1. I like avant-garde classical music and free jazz.
2. I am actually quite a nice person, from time to time.
3. I am a sucker for films by Andrei Tarkovsky
4. I occasionally smoke marijuana
5. Apart from music and history of music, I specialize in (American) military history.

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts

Posted: 25 Oct 08, 09:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ThomasQuinn wrote:

4. I occasionally smoke marijuana

Amen.

rachael mae. user not visiting Queenzone.com
i am lush
rachael mae.
Royalty: 1489 posts

Posted: 25 Oct 08, 16:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I secretly like the colour pink. Hence why my car is covered in it.
I don't drink much alcohol, but I'm pretty good at pretending I'm drunk.
I've kissed girls. And I liked it! :P
I work 7 days a week.
I really like the new Razorlight song. :/

None of this was interesting, I know :P

***Marial-B*** user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mrs. Meijer
***Marial-B***
Deity: 2285 posts

Posted: 25 Oct 08, 17:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

1.- I work for Ikea, on the systems department (Believe it or not).
2.- I never knew how to play sudoku till Tijn showed me how to play it this last week.
3.- The first party I went that lasted till 7am was when I was 26 years old.
4.- My anniversary with Tijn matches my birthday, so I get the present for both things.
5.- I lost the capability to get drunk after a 5th beer. I get drunk easily with 4 xD.
6.- I'm the oldest of the children at my house. And I'm the 3rd and 4th oldest kid of the whole gang of siblings.

Barcelona, October 22nd 2008
Raf user not visiting Queenzone.com
Stop this noise!
Raf
Deity: 8274 posts

Posted: 25 Oct 08, 18:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've always gotten some of the best grades in my class, but I never cared about studying at home or doing homework until this year (which is my last at school).

I took karate lessons for 7 years, and I've been in an important competition once.

I don't eat any fruit, any vegetable, I hardly eat any kind of grain (except for rice, I eat none) and I hate fish with passion. And I've never had any kind of health problem, neither had to take vitamin pills.

When I was a little child, I used to be scared of guys with long hair and black clothes who liked rock music. Nowadays I'm one of them.

Despite my looks, the kind of people I hang out with and the places where I hang out, I've never tried any illicit drug, neither smoked cigarettes - and although I defend people's right to do those, I'm radically against the idea of myself doing any of those, or the idea of people doing them in public places.

I used to be radically anti-alcohol. Nowadays I actually love vodka - but I drink it rarely, and I think that's how it should be.

I used to dislike The Beatles Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden. Nowadays I like each of those bands a lot, some of them are among my favorites.

I used to love Ramones (to the point of actually defending punk rock in public for a short period of time). Nowadays I still like them a bit - but I dislike punk rock in general with passion.

I think in some aspects Paul Rodgers is better than Freddie Mercury.

I like The Cosmos Rocks better than several old Queen albums (more albums than most fans would actually admit).

I've been in a band for 3 months, we rehearse every week, and since the second week I've been getting quick lessons from the drummer and some time to practice. I still wouldn't dare to call myself a drummer, but my drumming skills have improved a lot, and I can already play some interesting beats.

I hate nightclubs and typical big parties. To me, perfect parties are either private reunions or big rock festivals (better music, more interesting people, less idiots).

Arguing is a hobby. Don't take offense if I start an argument with you over something unimportant.

I'm a member of the Brazilian Social Democracy Party. Despite its name, it's more of a centrist party than a left-wing one. They aren't radical neoliberalists, neither support strong interventionism. Some people in Brazil (mostly the ones who consider themselves to be left-wingers) tend to say this party is a radical right-wing party, but it's definitely FAR from it, and they tend to be more liberal in several polemical issues (such as abortion, drug legalization, gay marriage etc) than nearly all parties in Brazil (including pretty much all left-wing ones).

I have many more female friends than male friends. And I like them better than I like my male friends. Girls (at least the ones I know) are more sensitive, more caring, more understanding and more likely to talk about intelligent stuff (yes, sorry fellow men).

Sometimes I do enjoy being alone at home on a Saturday night. When it's one of those days, do not insist, I'm NOT going out, no matter who else is coming along, where you lot are going, how much it means to you or whatever.

Sometimes I do enjoy being all day away from home, hanging out downtown with different groups of people in the same day (or night). When it's one of those days, do not insist, I'm not coming home early, I'm not gonna be in the mood to study, to rest, to keep a relative some company, or whatever else you might want me to do at home.

I don't believe in marriages.

Churches are repulsive.

Although I'm from Brazil, please avoid talking about football/soccer with me. I usually don't watch matches on TV, I don't keep up with competitions in general, and I don't have the patience to do so. The only real exception is the World Cup.

Actually, it goes for every other sport. I don't keep up with any. I watch a couple of volley ball matches a year. And maybe I'll know roughly who's 1st and who's 2nd on Formula 1. I said maybe.

More than half the times I ask for advice, I already know what I should be doing. I just don't wanna do it and I need someone to convince me.

I don't think we are alone in the universe. But if you believe they are among us, collecting material from the Earth, studying us and abducting people either out of curiosity or in order to invade the planet, I'm sorry, but I think you're out of your mind.

Unless I've explicitly said you're an exception to the general rule, I probably like my guitar better than I like you.

Unless I've given you permission, stay away from my hair. I mean it. And any kind of "practical joke" involving my hair will be taken as physical aggression. And I'll fight back.

I'm more scared of communists than nazis. Communist parties are legal and many people still see them with passion.

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Universe rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin' to the mighty power of rock'n'roll!
StoneColdClassicQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
I need a haircut.
StoneColdClassicQueen
Bohemian: 775 posts

Posted: 25 Oct 08, 20:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't believe in marriage either.
I hate politics and religion brought up in school, literature, movies, music, and at my house. They tend to ruin a perfectly fine conversation. I hate when my teachers mention their views, except my favorite substitute teacher who looks like House XDD and he's 6'7 I think. My mum gets pissed off when I tell her religion isn't important to me or politics. Politics nowadays tend to ruin fun things like award shows (BET awards were ruined for me by people telling me to vote for Obama.) and music. Just get the message out saying let's vote and that's it!!!
I hate my schoolmates now. They all tend to piss me off, even my friends. I just wish they would take my side for once when I tell them something's not right, I wish they would tell me when I annoy them so they wouldn't be making stupid faces at me when I talk to them, and I wish they would be honest with me and tell me they don't like me. I'm trying to get it outta them but they keep saying they don't hate me and then act like a-holes with me.
I don't trust anyone anymore due to the fact I've been screwed over so many times as a child. I have been taken advantage of (not the sexual sense) and therefore trust no one.
I'm becoming an outcast just like I was back in elementary school. I've noticed I'm going back to my old ways of not trusting anyone, staying quiet, and hating a lot of people.
I hate me.

"When you make love to someone, use a condom."-Brian May

Paul Rodgers is Chuck Norris.
Janet user not visiting Queenzone.com
Janet
Deity: 3937 posts

Posted: 25 Oct 08, 21:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I do believe in marriage, and I have been married for 24 years to the most wonderful man in the world!
I was born with a rare connective tissue disease, Ehlers Danlos Syndrome. I have the Classical Type.
I am the youngest of 5 children.
At one point, I owned 38 exotic birds. I bred them, and handfed and raised the babies myself.
I love ballet.
I am left handed.
When I met my husband he was engaged to someone else.
I love to cook!
I took bellydance lessons and I can still shimmy-shake it.
I got my first DVT on my first trip to London (yiiikes).
I am addicted to Bejeweled2.
I love going out with my sisters.
I am afraid of the dark! *shiver*
My nickname as a child was "neighbor".
I hate sports.
I just came home from a Mexican restaurant and it was yummy.

-If you want the best seat in the house, you have to move the cat.

-fatty- 2850 user not visiting Queenzone.com
-fatty- 2850
Deity: 2029 posts

Posted: 26 Oct 08, 01:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My birthday is on St Valentines Day.

I went to the same primary school as Sean Connery.

I was expelled from secondary school at the age of 14 for setting off fire extinguishers in a classroom.

I know all the words to the 'Umbongo' song.

I used to smoke heroin. I wasn't an addict but it did make me act like a twat.

My family and I like to give our pets the names of other animals. For example we have had cats called Spider and Flea, a rabbit called Chicken, a budgie called Horse and two goldfish called Cat and Dog.

I cannot stand Rhubarb and even the sight of it makes me gag..

I have a brother who is serving 6 years in prison for attempted murder.

I quit smoking three weeks ago.

I collect Viz Magazine and have every issue from number 8 to the present issue 178.

I have an irrational fear of jam.

I almost got into a fight with Danny Baker (the cockney washing powder pest on TV) but he bottled it.

I would rather scoop my own eyeballs out with a dirty spoon than watch Big Brother, Strictly Come Dancing, X Factor etc....

I love Christmas.

I can get by on about 3 hours of sleep a night.

I had a slipped disc a few years ago and spent seven weeks lying in bed. It was really fucking boring.

I'm writing a spoof autobiography of a failed Scottish gangster and hope to have it published early next year.

I dont believe in God but I have no problem with people who do have faith.

I can make my thumbs bend backwards at the knuckle.

I haven't spoken to my mother since 1987.

I have a 30gb MP3 player and it's only got about 5gb worth of music on it.

I'm optimistic to the point of annoying.

I have an eight year old daughter who is freakishly good with numbers. My wife says she's clever but I find it a bit creepy.

I've never watched 'Gone With The Wind' all the way to the end but I plan to, one day.

I have a theory that Pandas should be culled for the good of the environment.

I allow my young children to watch South Park as I believe it teaches them morals.

I haven't listened to Queen music by choice for about the past two years.

Writing this has made me realise how boring I really am.

***Marial-B*** user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mrs. Meijer
***Marial-B***
Deity: 2285 posts

Posted: 26 Oct 08, 04:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have to post things I forgot:

7.- I went to a catholic school for 3 years. One day while I was there it was supposed to be a strike of private schools, so we went out without knowing we had classes, it was a massive problem 'cuz they called my mom and the poor thing was really worried and crying.

8.- Aside of the obvious fact that I'm catholic, we were tought by my grandmother. She was a really devoted catholic. I lost my faith a bit when she was in a coma and my great aunt, the only one surviving member of my dad's family, was diagnosed with Cancer. I still believe in God, but now I don't practice due to some issues I have not believing the priests and nuns.

9.- I believe in marriage, although I'm scared to be like the couples nowadays, that they get divorced in a short time. That's why I believe that living together with a person before getting marriage is a great step. That's a way on how you will know if you can live with another person.

10.- I'm a shopaholic, but I know how to control myself.

11.- I went to a concert of the Backstreet Boys in 2001. The only concert they have done in Venezuela. I went in to a shock state in the middle of the concert and didn't talk until the next day. I was amazed that finally I could see a band I liked so much!!! But this time with Queen it didn't happen :P (I am used to go to nice concerts now xD).

12.- I'm a technology freak. I'm like my dad with that. That's when we get along in a great way.

13.- I should've been born in the 60's. I love groups like Three Dog NIghts, The Mamas & The Papas, The Guess Who, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Crosby Still & Nash, Ten Years After and more.

Barcelona, October 22nd 2008
JoxerTheDeityPirate user not visiting Queenzone.com
JoxerTheDeityPirate
Deity: 6272 posts

Posted: 26 Oct 08, 05:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

like Fatty I:

used to have a cat named Flea [miss her]

got expelled for setting off a fire extinguisher at school [but made tons of friends through doing it when i was allowed back to school a month later]

hate rhubarb [what is its point in the scheme of things?]

have a natural fear of jam [its kryptonite to my diabetes]

fears he may be Fatty's long lost twin *trembles in fear*

now for stuff of my own:

have had sex on the centre spot at the old Wembley Stadium in front of 70,000 people,although one person kept hitting me with a plastic bottle to try and stop me from shagging the woman i was with

was responsible for the Sandbar installing security cameras after i revealed to the landlord that i had christened all the patio tables the night before with a female copper

shagged on Concorde

retired 13 years ago this month

getting to be a dab hand at bread and cake making and is making xmas cakes for presents this year

have more hair than Fabio and the Chippendales combined,its not really hair now,more a mane.

is related to Walt Disney and had a grandfather named Rambo

can watch Shawnee Smith in Becker all day and not get bored with her

does actually have a local harem [see facebook for proof]

really am as wonderful,humble and modest in real life as he comes across on here

isnt innuendo an italian suppository?

im gonna ride the wild wind!

its_a_hard_life wrote:you nutcase you rule!

joxer replies: but in a nice way :-]

Poo, again user not visiting Queenzone.com
Poo, again
Deity: 4776 posts

Posted: 26 Oct 08, 05:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

1. I am John Deacon.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Jake? wrote: I want him to shove it down my throat and shoot. Shoot! Shoot! C'mon! SHOOT! SHOOT!

[/QUOTENAME]

[/QUOTE]

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 26 Oct 08, 06:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am somewhat left-handed. I eat, draw (when I want to - VERY rarely!), write and a few other things with my left.
I play drums and guitars/bass right-handed. I also taught myself to use a computer mouse with my left hand whilst still using the 'right-hand' configuration last year, and can do so rather well actually (reason for that was when I would lie on my left side with my arm & hand against my face, my arms and sometimes neck got sore after a while rather annoyingly...)

I've met and gotten autographs from Fefe Dobson, Nickelback, Corb Lund, members of Sum 41 (first band I ever saw live in concert - thanks to a pass prize I won from Pepsi back then!). I also got an autograph from Paul Rodgers on my booklet for ROTC (which itself has a misprint - the first two pages repeated twice!) through his tour manager when I was in Vancouver two years ago - to be honest, I wasn't as excited then about getting his autograph as I moreso wanted Brian's or maybe Roger's (but alas that shall be for another day), but now I'm actually rather happy in hindsight I got his anyways :-). I also met his wife Cynthia before the show, she was very lovely.

I am a huge fan of anime. I regularly attend our local Animethon convention every year since 2003 (except for 2004 when I was out of town on vacation!), have over 120 titles on DVD, Laserdisc and Blu-ray. I hardly have any live-action movies in comparison! (Blu-ray's been changing that of course though...)

Did I mention I collect Laserdiscs? I also collect vinyl records :-)

I HATE picking favourites for anything!

I also am not much a believer in religion anymore. I find it to be very bullish and too fictionally unrealistic.
However, that said I do respect other people's choice of beliefs.

I can speak a bit of Spanish, Japanese, and a few words of French, Mandarin...
Despite my preference for Japanese, I actually know enough Spanish to ask Spanish customers, who don't speak English very well, what do they want, how much do they want, and if it's to stay or go. Been able to get over 20 customers' orders completed that way this year! (Rather glad too...it can be frustrating at times otherwise trying to figure out what the hell they want when they speak very broken, incomplete English!)

I was hospitalized with Meckel's Diverticulum in early 2007.

Despite my sometimes argumentive, angry persona online, I am actually in reality a very nice person :-)
I just tend to vent off online TOO easily :-P

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6257 posts

Posted: 26 Oct 08, 06:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Janet wrote:

When I met my husband he was engaged to someone else.

Why, you naughty home wrecker ;-P

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus