Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > does anyone know where c- lebrity is in us charts?

forum rss feed
Author

zoenel user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 39 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Oct 08, 10:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

does anyone know which postion c- lebrity is in us charts? and how high did it get?, thanx.


i now the partys over !
PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Oct 08, 10:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As you probably know there are million and one US charts.

On the Mediabase Mainstream Rock charts the song is at #22 this week.

Incase you have never heard of Mediabase here is a description of how their charts are calculated:

"Mediabase is a music industry website containing in-depth charts and analysis based on the monitoring of 1,836 radio stations in the US and Canada, in 175 radio markets. Mediabase features realtime charts in 25 radio formats, based on radio airplay."



Michael Allred user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1704 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Oct 08, 13:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As far as i know it never made the one chart that counts, the Billboard 200.

PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Oct 08, 13:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The main difference between Mediabase and Billboard is that Mediabase is purely an airplay chart, Billboard takes sales into account.

Either way, the main thing is that it is getting played on radio in North America.


Michael Allred user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1704 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Oct 08, 16:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



PieterMC wrote:

The main difference between Mediabase and Billboard is that Mediabase is purely an airplay chart, Billboard takes sales into account.

Either way, the main thing is that it is getting played on radio in North America.




Airplay is nice and all but without sales it kinda means very little.




Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Oct 08, 17:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Really Michael?

Well perhaps you can explain how it's chart position and # of sales directly affects YOU, Michael.  You make it sound like it's very important to be on the Billboard chart.  Why?  What difference does that make to you, Michael?

Are you a record retailer who bought a bunch of copies from WEA and are now worried you're going to be stuck with extreme overstock?

Are you a marketer for QPL trying to find some ammunition to give your clients?

Or are you just one of those "hey, if it didn't make Billboard, then it must suck" guys?  Remember Dark Side Of The Moon and how many weeks it stayed on Billboard?  I think it holds the record.  Is my life any different now because of this?  Would I have been a better person if it just simply ran a 6 week course and dropped off into the cut-out bin?

Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Oct 08, 19:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Surely, radio airplay will result in better album sales.  That matters more than how many copies of C-lebrity are sold, IMO.  I think Queen's target market would be more likely to go to the store and pick up a CD than download a single track from iTunes.

onevsion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2241 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Oct 08, 21:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Micrówave wrote:

Really Michael?

Well perhaps you can explain how it's chart position and # of sales directly affects YOU, Michael.  You make it sound like it's very important to be on the Billboard chart.  Why?  What difference does that make to you, Michael?

Are you a record retailer who bought a bunch of copies from WEA and are now worried you're going to be stuck with extreme overstock?

Are you a marketer for QPL trying to find some ammunition to give your clients?

Or are you just one of those "hey, if it didn't make Billboard, then it must suck" guys?  Remember Dark Side Of The Moon and how many weeks it stayed on Billboard?  I think it holds the record.  Is my life any different now because of this?  Would I have been a better person if it just simply ran a 6 week course and dropped off into the cut-out bin?


Too damn right. Who fucking cares anyway.
Queen have had there time in the sun.







Michael Allred user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1704 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Oct 08, 22:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Micrówave wrote:

Really Michael?

Well perhaps you can explain how it's chart position and # of sales directly affects YOU, Michael.  You make it sound like it's very important to be on the Billboard chart.  Why?  What difference does that make to you, Michael?

Are you a record retailer who bought a bunch of copies from WEA and are now worried you're going to be stuck with extreme overstock?

Are you a marketer for QPL trying to find some ammunition to give your clients?

Or are you just one of those "hey, if it didn't make Billboard, then it must suck" guys?  Remember Dark Side Of The Moon and how many weeks it stayed on Billboard?  I think it holds the record.  Is my life any different now because of this?  Would I have been a better person if it just simply ran a 6 week course and dropped off into the cut-out bin?



You REALLY need to lighten up. Holy shit.





Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Oct 08, 12:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You really need to stop stirring the QPR flames, which is what you were trying to do.

Enough already.

It's a shame, because usually you bring good things to this forum.

Michael Allred user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1704 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Oct 08, 14:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Micrówave wrote:

You really need to stop stirring the QPR flames, which is what you were trying to do.

Enough already.

It's a shame, because usually you bring good things to this forum. 





"Stirring up"? What in the world are you talking about? Radio play means nothing if it doesn't translate into actual sales, that's just a simple fact of the music *business.*



PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Oct 08, 16:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Michael Allred wrote:







Micrówave wrote:



You really need to stop stirring the QPR flames, which is what you were trying to do.

Enough already.

It's a shame, because usually you bring good things to this forum. 






"Stirring up"? What in the world are you talking about? Radio play means nothing if it doesn't translate into actual sales, that's just a simple fact of the music *business.*



You'd be bitching if it wasn't getting played on radio. $10 says I'm right.








Michael Allred user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1704 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Oct 08, 19:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



PieterMC wrote:



 



Michael Allred wrote:



 



 



 



 



Micrówave wrote:



 



You really need to stop stirring the QPR flames, which is what you were trying to do.

Enough already.

It's a shame, because usually you bring good things to this forum. 



 






"Stirring up"? What in the world are you talking about? Radio play means nothing if it doesn't translate into actual sales, that's just a simple fact of the music *business.*



You'd be bitching if it wasn't getting played on radio. $10 says I'm right.








You know, for someone who doesn't know me at all, you sure talk like you think you do.

However instead of your (and Microwave's sniping) let's tick to the topic at hand.

In the end, what does radio play mean if it does not translate into actual sales? Neither one of you have addressed that at all. Other than the fact it'd be "cool" as a fan to hear it, what does it mean in the real world?






Grantcdn1 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 104 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Nov 08, 00:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Ok really......

Radio play is important because I like to hear their stuff and I like to ensure that everyone else has an opportunity to hear their stuff to make an informed decision about their music....  without radio (sales are hard to come by)....Radio play will also help tour sales (even if it doesn't translate into people downloading a single)
These days so many people just get their music for free and bypass the payment stage

and

Of course sales is important as well....I am hoping Cosmos Rocks sells a lot in North America....sure it won't beat the flash of the pan of the day like a Katy Perry but who cares.....that is not their market, they are not a top 40 band.....they are a rock band who just happened to have a lot of past top 40 hits when rock hit top 40 too.



But the answer to the question now is where are they in the charts....Mediabase has them at #17 which is FANTASTIC

IReallyLoveQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 211 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Aug 10, 16:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I LOVE QUEEN