Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Why is the song 'Innuendo' so long?

forum rss feed
Author

John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Oct 08, 16:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Explain please.


"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."
Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Oct 08, 16:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Because Freddie was gay.


Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Oct 08, 16:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

[img=/images/smiley/msn/omg_smile.gif][/img]

Mercury 90 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mercury 90
Bohemian: 167 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Oct 08, 16:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think an evil alien came one second bevor the song was put into the pressing machines... took all outtake queen had an cut them in....... That's why it's so long, and it's also the reason why there will be no cd with rare stuff.... it's all in there.... in fact it's realy everything the had... and the made in heaven album is not made out of unfinished songs or demos... it's just john deacon singing with a special eq so it sounds like freddie!


Keep Yourself Alive

thunderbolt 31742 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thunderbolt 31742
Bohemian: 647 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Oct 08, 21:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Because you touch yourself at night.



"Do you think I should keep this mustache? Did you say no? F--- off."
joe90 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 54 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Oct 08, 01:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, you see it starts with a drum intro that lasts 10 seconds or so, followed by some keyboard moments, then some power chords hits in and Freddie starts singing, then about halfway through some wandering minsterel flamenco guitars start twanging, then the trusty red special takes centre stage, then a cod mini operatic section occurs, the main riff section repeats itself and Freddie sings the final verse, and it all ends with a low keyboard like growl. That's why it is as long as it is.

Dan C. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Dan C.
Royalty: 1544 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Oct 08, 02:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lester wins.



"The tri-tone is the Devil's interval, and he demands resolution." - Richard Lloyd
JoxerTheDeityPirate user not visiting Queenzone.com
JoxerTheDeityPirate
Deity: 6272 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Oct 08, 05:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

its not long enough IMO


isnt innuendo an italian suppository?

im gonna ride the wild wind!

its_a_hard_life wrote:you nutcase you rule!

joxer replies: but in a nice way :-]

Bo Rhap user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bo Rhap
Bohemian: 534 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Oct 08, 05:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It was originally meant to be 12 inches long.Then it was cut to 7 inches.Then 5 inches and coloured silver....

Who cares.....its an absolutely brilliant song.


I never forget a face,

but in your case i'll be glad to

make an exception-Groucho Marx
Jazz 78 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 501 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Oct 08, 08:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's not the size that counts it's how well you play with it. The song that is! Yeah, that's what I meant. The SONG!!!

Marcos Napier user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 620 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Oct 08, 09:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Because it was an innuendo.


Adolfo and the spiders from Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adolfo and the spiders from Mercury
Royalty: 1054 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Oct 08, 09:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

this thread is both ridiculous and stupid



:)
John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Oct 08, 13:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



 



Adolfo wrote:



this thread is both ridiculous and stupid


No: It's what we British call satire, and something which the board has been sadly lacking.





"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."
teleman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 740 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Oct 08, 13:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You need to ask Fatty


QueenMercury46 user not visiting Queenzone.com
QueenMercury46
Royalty: 1097 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Oct 08, 20:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That's what she said.


[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Treasure Moment wrote: [/QUOTENAME]The only way to really know what the hell we are doing on this earth is through sacred plants and mushrooms.[/QUOTE]
beautifulsoup user not visiting Queenzone.com
beautifulsoup
Royalty: 1797 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Oct 08, 23:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



John S Stuart wrote:



 



 



 



Adolfo wrote:



 



this thread is both ridiculous and stupid



 


No: It's what we British call satire, and something which the board has been sadly lacking.



Thanks for pointing it out for those who didn't get it. [img=/images/smiley/msn/thumbs_up.gif][/img]   (Heck, I got it, and I'm not British).








"You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely." - Ogden Nash
AmeriQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1072 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 31 Oct 08, 03:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just so you could ask this stupid question to all of us. 




doxonrox user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 182 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 31 Oct 08, 21:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



AmeriQueen wrote:

Just so you could ask this stupid question to all of us. 




It's a satirical retort to the ridiculous thread on Man on the Prowl.

The best thing about these threads - it outs the Queen fans with the double digit IQ's.






timantt1 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 38 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 31 Oct 08, 21:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Because George Michael had a hit single with "Freedom '90" 6'29 and they wanted to beat him with one second


Marcos Napier user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 620 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Nov 08, 10:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



doxonrox wrote:







AmeriQueen wrote:



Just so you could ask this stupid question to all of us. 





It's a satirical retort to the ridiculous thread on Man on the Prowl.

The best thing about these threads - it outs the Queen fans with the double digit IQ's.






Double digit? You're too kind.