Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Pricing for the US Q+PR Concert Movie

forum rss feed
Author

thunderbolt 31742 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thunderbolt 31742
Bohemian: 647 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Nov 08, 23:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Has anyone else gone online to purchase tickets to the Q+PR "Let the Cosmos Rock" Ukraine concert film and noticed that tickets are, you know, TWICE the usual price?

Look, I'd love to take my wife to see the film, and I'll readily (and unhappily) admit that a US tour is looking less and less likely, but with cash as hard as it is to come by right now, how am I supposed to justify paying $18 a person ($19 after the "online service delivery fee") to see a damn movie?

Unfortunately, I think that price precludes us from seeing the film. I'll shell out $75 a head to see the band live, but why spend almost $40 to see something on the big screen that I'll be able to pick up at Best Buy a few weeks later for $11.99?

"Do you think I should keep this mustache? Did you say no? F--- off."
Projector Freddie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 113 posts

Posted: 04 Nov 08, 01:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

how can a us tour be looking less and less likely when its already been confirmed, but yet to be announced regarding the dates?

Michael Allred user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1704 posts

Posted: 04 Nov 08, 02:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm not buying the tix online, just going to the box office at the theater. $15 ain't all that bad for a one time only event. Yeah it'll come on DVD eventually but the movie theater is a different experience.

Josh Henson user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 693 posts

Posted: 04 Nov 08, 08:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I want to go, but not sure that I'll be able to get off the ship in time.  Also, I've downloaded it and watched bits & pieces of it on my computer and was not impressed.  The setlist is boring at best for the most part.  But I will try and get there if I can to support the boys.  The theatre experience would be neat.

I'm just getting used to my new exposure

Come into my enclosure

And meet my melancholy blues
PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts

Posted: 04 Nov 08, 08:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Michael Allred wrote:

I'm not buying the tix online, just going to the box office at the theater. $15 ain't all that bad for a one time only event. Yeah it'll come on DVD eventually but the movie theater is a different experience.

I agree. Seeing this on the big screen will sure beat watching it at home.

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 05 Nov 08, 01:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Pffff. Complain all you want, we Canadians have legit reason to complain because they won't show it up here :-(

IReallyLoveQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 211 posts

Posted: 23 Aug 10, 16:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I LOVE QUEEN