Bohemian: 442 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Nov 08, 16:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Any news from the Manchester show ?

-adventure seeker- user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 182 posts

Posted: 05 Nov 08, 19:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

great show, they realy rocked, they palyed a fuller version of surfs up, not shure if thats more common. the lights were amazing. i cant tell you. it was a great show. brian forgot the lyrics at the start of 39, he jokingly said its a good job you guys no it better than me. voodoo was nice, sounded great

another one bites the dust was awsome tonight, not shure waht made it so, but paul was imense, c-lebrity was amazing, great feeling as was surfs up.
rock you was nice and tight
bad company was awsome, it was so pweorful
cosmos rokin again realy pwoerful

another perfect night from my point of veiw formt he boys

same setlist as last nite btw

'ill see you in hell, some other time'

I MET BRIAN MAY!! 14th april 2008

THE COSMOS ROCKS!
Vali user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vali
Deity: 2053 posts

Posted: 06 Nov 08, 04:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

the full version of Surf´s Up was also played in Madrid and it was nice; did they play it also in the following shows after Madrid, or only Manchester is the exception?

I´m glad they´ve played Voodoo again, yeah!

Bring out the charge of the love brigade
Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 06 Nov 08, 05:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yep- going to O2, hope that VOODOO stays for at least one more show...

QPRTOON user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 108 posts

Posted: 06 Nov 08, 05:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

full version of surfs up at newcastle also

woodi485485 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 86 posts

Posted: 06 Nov 08, 05:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The show was truly brilliant, the only down side was some of the most boring fans who complained about people standing...... it was a rock concert!!!!!!!!...... some ended up standing at the encores, but even then, some were still complaing about people being stood up!

The sound at The M.E.N. is not normaly good for a concert, but last night the sound was the best I have ever heard there.

QOL ended up swapping my shitty seats in Block 115 to Block 113 and with there being 5 empty rows in this Block, me and my better half moved to the middle of the empty rows and stood with some great characters from Cumbria I think????...... we had a great time!!!!

Only did a couple of videos as I wanted to enjoy the show to the full. Click or paste the link below to see and hear Cosmos Rockin.

Show 10/10......... some of the crowd 1/10!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODF5-fVpoaw

Posted: 06 Nov 08, 06:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

you had empty seats? gawd, at newcastle it was only half full until about 8pm, at 8pm it was full to capacity from what i could tell, during the encore we had a chant going  on saying "we want queen we want queen" and fair enough they were out in seconds lol!

Posted: 06 Nov 08, 06:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The empty seats were in the Block that QOL have been recently advertiisng on the site..... I would guess the crowd was around 15,000 to 16,000 at The M.E.N.

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4706 posts

Posted: 06 Nov 08, 06:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As someone who thought the tour would struggle to sell out, I would say 16,000 is quite impressive.

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)

Posted: 06 Nov 08, 06:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

After the 2005 show that was a sell out in Manchester, there was something of a struggle to sell tickets for 2008......... having said that, I went to see Def Leppard and Whitesnake at The M.E.N. earlier this year and they sold less tickets than QPR and thier tickets were £35 instead of the £50 QPR charged...... can you imagine the demand if Freddie were still with us????

Vali user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vali
Deity: 2053 posts

Posted: 06 Nov 08, 08:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have no doubts about that: if Freddie was still with us, Queen would be at the same level (even higher) than Bruce Springsteen, U2 .. I mean, they´d really need HUGE, HUGE stadiums

Bring out the charge of the love brigade
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003

Posted: 06 Nov 08, 08:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Huge. Massive even. Possiby land mass size. Easily, without exageration. Enormous,

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)

Posted: 06 Nov 08, 09:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i put it this way, the uk tour would be more like: -

Pride Park (closest to nottingham, pretty sure its bigger than nottinghams)
murrayfield (glasgow i think, correct me if im wrong)
Wembley Stadium
Millenium Stadium
Anfield (liverpool)
Hillsbrough Stadium
St James Park
City Of Manchester Stadium
Hyde Park

Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003

Posted: 06 Nov 08, 12:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There's no reason to beleive that Queen's status as a stadium rock band would still be the same today. Popularity comes and goes: people forget that just a couple of years before Live Aid Queen couldn't sell out the Milton Keynes Bowl. Before that, they were an arena rathern than a stadium band. If Fred was still around, it's possble they would be playing Las Vegas now, as back up to Bette Middler. And (for Erin) possibly also back up to a puppet show at some state fair ;)

Brian_Mays_Wig user not visiting Queenzone.com
Brian_Mays_Wig
Deity: 2934 posts

Posted: 06 Nov 08, 12:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was at Manchester, I didnt think the sound was as good as in 2005...but it still sounded great. I was right at the front at the end of the catwalk and it was a really great night, no mistakes, apart from Brian on 39....tight as fook as a band. Paul made no mistakes. I think my highlight of the night was Bad Company...it sounded fantastic. And having the kit built up in front of me and Roger doing his bit, he was absolutely pissing with sweat. Wasnt much for the new stuff, I have to say, I enjoyed the 2005 shows more.

Oh....but I quite enjoyed Seagull!

Chom own mudder fukker.
lostockkid user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 14 posts

Posted: 06 Nov 08, 13:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Great show - was a bit naffed off at the end as having been on the floor they had taken my ticket, told me at the end of the show they would be handed out - couldn't find one ;-(

QNick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 16 posts

Posted: 06 Nov 08, 13:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

QPRTOON wrote:

i put it this way, the uk tour would be more like: -

Pride Park (closest to nottingham, pretty sure its bigger than nottinghams)
murrayfield (glasgow i think, correct me if im wrong)
Wembley Stadium
Millenium Stadium
Anfield (liverpool)
Hillsbrough Stadium
St James Park
City Of Manchester Stadium
Hyde Park

I wouldn't put Pride Park, Anfield, Hillsbrough or St James' Park on that list.

Ricoh Arena would be more likely like Pride Park (has that ever hosted a concert?), Anfield has held about three concerts, Hillsbrough would simply be a no (when did it last hold a concert?) and the same goes for SJP. Logistically, SJP would be a nightmare they way the new sections of the ground have been built. Little pitch side access.

Wembley AND Hyde Park? That would never happen.

I'd suggest
Murrayfield or Hampden
Millenium Stadium
Old Trafford
Wembley (x2 perhaps).

Just because Q+PR play Liverpool, Sheffield, Birmingham, Newcastle, that wouldn't guarantee stadium shows there too if Freddie was still around.

Brian_Mays_Wig user not visiting Queenzone.com
Brian_Mays_Wig
Deity: 2934 posts

Posted: 06 Nov 08, 13:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

lostockkid wrote:

Great show - was a bit naffed off at the end as having been on the floor they had taken my ticket, told me at the end of the show they would be handed out - couldn't find one ;-(
They were handing them out at the sound booth, I got one back - in miles better condition than the one Id got in with!

Chom own mudder fukker.

Posted: 06 Nov 08, 14:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

wouldnt do hyde park? but correct me if im wrong, but they did hyde park in 2005 correct?

and SJP has an immense sound now due to the expansion, im pretty sure you would go deaf, and im not only saying that cos im a geordie :P

QNick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 16 posts

Posted: 06 Nov 08, 15:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

QPRTOON wrote:

wouldnt do hyde park? but correct me if im wrong, but they did hyde park in 2005 correct?

and SJP has an immense sound now due to the expansion, im pretty sure you would go deaf, and im not only saying that cos im a geordie :P

Sure they did Hyde Park, but getting permission to play there is far harder than playing Wembley.

Hyde Park is barely being used for individual concerts by bands now, instead Hyde Park Calling and the o2 Wireless festival take precedence.

Q+PR played the NEC on the last tour. This time round they played the NIA. Things change!

I've been in SJP several times since the expansion and found it pretty lame!