Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Do you like the movie A Making Of The Night At The Opera

forum rss feed
Author

littlekillerham user not visiting Queenzone.com
Derp.
littlekillerham
Bohemian: 281 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Nov 08, 20:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Have you ever seen the making of the night at the opera? If you did, tell me how you feel.  If not, you totally should see it.  It has commentary by all of them except john, and tons of bonus features.

If you want to be loved, love.
mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2742 posts

Posted: 13 Nov 08, 03:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yes,  A solid DVD.  My favorite parts were 'the prophet song' and 'love of my life.'  Though the whole thing was great.

Vali user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vali
Deity: 2041 posts

Posted: 13 Nov 08, 06:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

this DVD should have been included as part of the ANATO 30th anniversary set. The release could have been considered brilliant, then.

Bring out the charge of the love brigade
Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 13 Nov 08, 11:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I like totally saw it and like totally bought it.

to the max.

Bo Alex user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bo Alex
Bohemian: 491 posts

Posted: 13 Nov 08, 12:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vali wrote:

this DVD should have been included as part of the ANATO 30th anniversary set. The release could have been considered brilliant, then.  

In Argentina you can get both DVDs togheter in one release, but not the remastered CD (you can get it with the DVD of the videos).

I like this documentary a lot. One of the best about Queen I have seen. I think Roy Baker is a genius, the best producer Queen ever had. The part when you can hear only the vocal harmonies (You're my best friend, Lazing on a Sunday, Love of m life) is great.

A man who learnt how to teach, but forgot how to learn.

A la grande le puse cuca!!
Charlie Brown user not visiting Queenzone.com
Charlie Brown
Bohemian: 462 posts

Posted: 14 Nov 08, 01:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have the dvd and have watched it several times. It is a fascinating insight into the technical mastery of Queen and perhaps even more so Roy Thomas Baker in the studio. It doesn't really go into great depth into their songwriting process though. I hope they will do more 'making of' dvds. And welcome to Little Killer Ham. I am a hamophile by the way.

lalaalalaa user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 841 posts

Posted: 16 Nov 08, 17:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It would have been awesome if they had a documentary for Queen II as well.  I'd love the stories of March Of The Black Queen and Fairy Feller's Master-Stroke