Forums > Personal > Freddie Mercury and ADHD?

forum rss feed
Author

bst123 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Fuck today, it's tomorrow

Champion: 59 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Nov 08, 08:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie Mercury and ADHD?,

What is your opinion on Freddie having ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder). On a dutch side about ADHD they suspect Freddie of having ADHD during his life but he never was diagnosed.

What's your opinion on this subject and is there any proof? (besides the fact that he went mad on stage and was bored very easily)

http://www10.antenna.nl/hersenstorm/Beroemd.html  (at the bottom of the page they mention him)

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6257 posts

Posted: 15 Nov 08, 08:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's a load of crap, as per usual. Anyone who knows anything about Freddie Mercury can tell you that he was extremely quiet and relaxed off-stage. The stage antics were part of the performance. An act. Anyone referring to that as ADHD (which itself is a fashion disease. The real thing is far more rare than the amount of kids diagnosed with it; nowadays, any child that is a little on the busy side is called "ADHD" so that they can feed the poor kid medication) needs to get his/her head examined.

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4706 posts

Posted: 15 Nov 08, 09:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, he had all kinds of afflictions, including dsypraxia. That's why Bo Rap was originally called Bolivian Raspberry, WATC was We Are The Champagne, GOFL was God old Freddie's Liver's Bad. And much more besides, but I dont have time to list them all, and besides, no one will believe me.

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
bst123 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Fuck today, it's tomorrow

Champion: 59 posts

Posted: 15 Nov 08, 09:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ThomasQuinn wrote:

It's a load of crap, as per usual. Anyone who knows anything about Freddie Mercury can tell you that he was extremely quiet and relaxed off-stage. The stage antics were part of the performance. An act. Anyone referring to that as ADHD (which itself is a fashion disease. The real thing is far more rare than the amount of kids diagnosed with it; nowadays, any child that is a little on the busy side is called "ADHD" so that they can feed the poor kid medication) needs to get his/her head examined.

I agree with you, that a lot of kids get diagnosed with ADHD these days and yes they all get medication for it. It's indeed something people should be aware of. In Freddie's case, indeed he was quiet and very private off stage he didn't get or took any medication for ADHD and in those days busy people and kids didn't got diagnosed with ADHD because they didn't invented the desease yet  (he only took recreational cocaine).

I think the farmaceutical industry has a lot to do with all of this!!?

Marcos Napier user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 622 posts

Posted: 15 Nov 08, 10:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

All I know is that he had some very strange teeth and HIV.

Lady Nyx user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1172 posts

Posted: 15 Nov 08, 11:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i wondered if he had a form of it actually- i heard somewhere that he had a hard time relaxing at all, which is why he was always so busy.

nothing wrong with it!

but i agree with caspar about this ridiculous 'pill popping' society as an 'easy way' to calm a busy child. if anything, it shoudl be embraced. those who truly have ADHD are hard to handle even if medicated, but since its so overdiagnosed its impossible to 'tell' anymore.

"why pay the visit when the visit is free?"

Posted: 15 Nov 08, 12:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lady Nyx wrote:

i wondered if he had a form of it actually- i heard somewhere that he had a hard time relaxing at all, which is why he was always so busy.

This is called "cocaine".

littlekillerham user not visiting Queenzone.com
Derp.
littlekillerham
Bohemian: 281 posts

Posted: 15 Nov 08, 19:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I doubt it.  He was hyper, but that doesn't mean he had ADHD.  I know lots of hyper people who don't have ADHD.  ADHD means you cant pay attention, or sit still.  He could pay attention to things, and he could sit still if he wanted to.  That is such a lie it's not even funny.[img=/images/smiley/msn/cry_smile.gif][/img]

If you want to be loved, love.
Winter Land Man user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jake
Winter Land Man
Deity: 4400 posts

Posted: 16 Nov 08, 18:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ThomasQuinn wrote:

Ah, I think Freddie had severe ADD... he had a lot of symptoms of it. And you don't have to be hyper-active to have ADD.

"Please buy my upcoming album... I need the money"
Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 17 Nov 08, 13:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Do you guys think that maybe Freddie is just not taking his medication?  Someone should remind him.

Posted: 17 Nov 08, 13:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Not necessary. He can remember. It's not Alzheimer's. Yet.

Panopticon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 67 posts

Posted: 21 Nov 08, 04:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote:

Yes, he had all kinds of afflictions, including dsypraxia. That's why Bo Rap was originally called Bolivian Raspberry, WATC was We Are The Champagne, GOFL was God old Freddie's Liver's Bad. And much more besides, but I dont have time to list them all, and besides, no one will believe me.

Ahahaha xD <3!