Concert inclided here:

Tokyo, Japan - April 19 1975 AUD

1973-11-17 - Stark Remaster

1973-11-26 - Opera House, Manchester, England

1974-05-07 - Uris Theatre, New York, USA

London 1973

Stockholm june 7 1986 2nd Gen

February 17, 1981, Budokan, Tokyo, Japan

Tokyo February 16, 1981, PrimeJive!(wardour)

Boston July 23, 1982 (master)

Tell me if it is ok

You will need a bittorrent client to download the music. For additional information, view the Bittorrent FAQ.

Please leave your window open when you have finished downloading so that other Queen fans can download.

This file will be customized for you when you download

Attachment: 9 dimeadozen torrents for QZ.rar 128 KB

View Stats on this torrent

This has been downloaded 77 time(s).

Yes, We'll keep on smiling
Valentine '90 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 221 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Nov 08, 06:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You will need a bittorrent client to download the music. For additional information, view the Bittorrent FAQ.

Please leave your window open when you have finished downloading so that other Queen fans can download.

Attachment: Queen - 1973-11-17 - Stark Remaster.torrent 14 KB

This has been downloaded 27 time(s).

Posted: 20 Nov 08, 06:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Attachment: Queen - 1973-11-26 - Opera House, Manchester, England.torrent 11 KB

This has been downloaded 20 time(s).

Posted: 20 Nov 08, 06:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Attachment: Queen - 1974-05-07 - Uris Theatre, New York, USA.torrent 19 KB

This has been downloaded 22 time(s).

Posted: 20 Nov 08, 06:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Attachment: Queen - Tokyo, Japan - April 19 1975 AUD.torrent 12 KB

This has been downloaded 18 time(s).

Posted: 20 Nov 08, 06:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Attachment: Queen Boston July 23, 1982 (master).torrent 11 KB

This has been downloaded 26 time(s).

Posted: 20 Nov 08, 06:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Attachment: Queen London 1973.torrent 20 KB

This has been downloaded 19 time(s).

Attachment: Queen Stockholm june 7 1986 2nd Gen.torrent 13 KB

This has been downloaded 20 time(s).

Attachment: Queen Tokyo February 16, 1981, PrimeJive!(wardour).torrent 15 KB

This has been downloaded 28 time(s).

Posted: 20 Nov 08, 06:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Attachment: Queen, February 17, 1981, Budokan, Tokyo, Japan.torrent 15 KB

This has been downloaded 17 time(s).

maggiko foka user not visiting Queenzone.com
maggiko foka
Bohemian: 273 posts

Posted: 20 Nov 08, 06:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GRAZIE !!!!
I cannot get a DIME account and always hope somebody poste the tracker elsewhere

ThanXaloT
Stefano

Posted: 20 Nov 08, 07:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have low account in dimeadozen

Thats because I'm sharing concerts here

Whan I will have good account, I will post my login and code

But tell me, do they work????

I mean torrents

on my way up user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2186 posts

Posted: 20 Nov 08, 07:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Did you leave the files and all the info as it was? And shouldn't you thank the people who uploaded it on dime and give proper information about the torrents in your first post?

And have you people thought about why great torrents are first posted on dime and not here?

on my way up
Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts

Posted: 20 Nov 08, 09:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

on my way up wrote:

Did you leave the files and all the info as it was? And shouldn't you thank the people who uploaded it on dime and give proper information about the torrents in your first post?

And have you people thought about why great torrents are first posted on dime and not here?

--->I suggest you dive into the board and read all the discusions about MP3 versus lossless.
You WILL find the answer there.

Tapers are not very willing to post their recordings on forums like QZ were people still exchange MP3's.

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18638 posts

Posted: 20 Nov 08, 09:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If a torrent is active on another site, they should NOT be posted somewhere else.  It's a matter of etiquette.

Valentine '90 wrote:

>Tell me if it is ok

No, it's not ok.  "Sharing" implies that you made some kind of effort to find something new, and that you're the first person to bring it to the masses.  Or, at least, the first person in a very long time to do so.  Spending years tracking down old tapes, transferring them, making them presentable, and posting them online is sharing.  What you're essentially doing is playing hero and putting your name on torrents that you did absolutely nothing to create in the first place.

But these torrents won't work anyway, because they're on the Dime tracker, not Queenzone's.  You need to be a Dime member to download them, as they keep track of your ratio and all that (not to mention the quality standards).  This should clearly indicate why these things were shared there and not here in the first place.  If not, then the question to begin with is, what does Dime have to offer that this place doesn't?

How much longer will Queenzone hide under the moniker of "fan website", when it is actually the most prevalent Queen file sharing website?  Is someone going to finally put their foot down to explain from day one the way things should work, to be beneficial for everyone?  But when the sharing comes to a grinding halt, of course the collectors will be to blame for "not sharing"...

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca

Posted: 20 Nov 08, 10:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ok,

thanks,

I will not share them here

I will respect dimeadozen rules, the people, who shared them on dimeadozen and so

Now I'll try to remove them from QZ

maggiko foka user not visiting Queenzone.com
maggiko foka
Bohemian: 273 posts

Posted: 20 Nov 08, 11:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think that making the torrent available outside of DIME, where is so hard to get an account, is sharing (i.e. making file available to others).
Seems to me that Valentine was very clear about the origin of the torrent though i agree that maybe he should make even clearer the original posters and thank them.

I hope the torrents will not be removed from QZ and that i'll be able to download them.

GodSaveTheQueen
Stefano

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 20 Nov 08, 11:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH wrote:

If a torrent is active on another site, they should NOT be posted somewhere else.  It's a matter of etiquette.

Valentine '90 wrote:

>Tell me if it is ok

No, it's not ok.  "Sharing" implies that you made some kind of effort to find something new, and that you're the first person to bring it to the masses.  Or, at least, the first person in a very long time to do so.  Spending years tracking down old tapes, transferring them, making them presentable, and posting them online is sharing.  What you're essentially doing is playing hero and putting your name on torrents that you did absolutely nothing to create in the first place.

But these torrents won't work anyway, because they're on the Dime tracker, not Queenzone's.  You need to be a Dime member to download them, as they keep track of your ratio and all that (not to mention the quality standards).  This should clearly indicate why these things were shared there and not here in the first place.  If not, then the question to begin with is, what does Dime have to offer that this place doesn't?

How much longer will Queenzone hide under the moniker of "fan website", when it is actually the most prevalent Queen file sharing website?  Is someone going to finally put their foot down to explain from day one the way things should work, to be beneficial for everyone?  But when the sharing comes to a grinding halt, of course the collectors will be to blame for "not sharing"...

Bob, you know I do not agree but that is not new :-) I do respect your point of view but we often have a very different perception of what is happening on this website. I certainly agree that Valentine 90's  posting actual personalized Dime torrents here was not the best idea in terms of respect towards other websites. When I saw the thread I  sent her (him?) a private message about the issue trying to explain the problem of such sharing. I am sure the intentions were good, though.

About the not sharing of any Queen material - I do not agree. Just the recent tour  has shown that people are very willing to share their original stuff on Queenzone because here on Queenzone you meet the fans who value that material. We got some amazing recordings from well known collectors who did not mind the least to post their recordings on Queenzone. We are all very grateful to them. It would have been impolite and cruel to tell other people they cannot post their mp3s, YouTube videos and whetever else was offered. Nobody is under any obligation to download the stuff while many fans are glad they get at least something from the concert they attended. I know that you will never approve of the website policy but that is the way Queenzone operates. I noticed that nobody attacked Richard when he posted mp3 recently (much to my surprise, to be honest, because he started the BitTorrent tracker to move past the mp3 format).

I never spoke to the Dime people but QueenZone and the hub have no problem when previous QueenZone or hub shares appear on Dime and I never heard that Dime has a problem with Dime concerts being shared on QueenZone. Once a recording is out, you cannot contain it, anyway. (I am just having a deja vu)...

Just yesterday I visited the Chilean forum, they discussed the sharing of the concert broadcast and they said: "look out for QueenZone, they always share everything" and that made me really happy:) People come here to share because they downloaded so much and are happy to give something back and I am totally proud of this community. I know that we have people who never share anything and download all the same while they keep criticising the website - many of them collectors - but nobody cares because in the big picture it's an ongoing giving and taking. All the weird characters on the website, the trolls and the leeches cannot alter this big picture - at least not for me :)

I do not want any google ads here.

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18638 posts

Posted: 20 Nov 08, 14:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

>It would have been impolite and cruel to tell other people they cannot post their mp3s, YouTube videos and whetever else was offered

Of course, but that's something completely different.  These are recent recordings that, in the grand scheme of things, don't have much collectible value (dozens, or even hundreds of people record every show these days in one way or another).  It's when a 30-year-old tape that took years to track down gets converted to mp3 (something that is completely avoidable) that it becomes a problem.  It's like someone handling ancient papyrus with dirty hands, or taking a marker to a Picasso original.  These documents of times past are often one of a kind.  The least we can do is take care of them so they remain intact.  Same goes for audio and video.

>I noticed that nobody attacked Richard when he posted mp3 recently

Who's going to attack the guy who runs the place?  But yes, I was right pissed off about Chicago 78.  I tracked down the taper myself and got the best possible version of it, I smoothed out the edits, and I shared it.  All I (and the taper) asked is that the quality is maintained... not a difficult request.  And then the operator of the website reshares it in mp3, along with two other shows, all with no lineage.  What does this tell the wider collecting world about this place and how much we, as a whole, care about preserving the quality of old recordings?  It says, loud and clear, that we don't give a damn.

When things like this happen, people who do care about these things are more and more inclined to give up, and they continue to do so.  These are the very people who are making the effort to find the tapes, transfer them, make them presentable, and finally spread them.  But it all happens underground now... something that could easily be reversed if the right people did something about it.  I won't even provide a list of the recently found tapes until things change here.

>I never spoke to the Dime people

...which is exactly what's wrong with this discussion.  You're arguing in favour of something but you don't understand what the alternative is because you haven't taken the initiative yourself to find out what it is, despite the fact that this is the umpteenth time I've spelled it out in clear and honest language.

I can only suggest you do start talking to people over at Dime and wherever else, as you'll then realize that I'm far from being alone on this issue.  Among these people are some of the ones who have tapes and refuse to liberate them because of what happens here.  Spend some time PMing people, and you'll track down one of these tapers.  Maybe then you'll know what it feels like to be told directly that recording X will never see the light of day.  This feeling is only magnified when you've made the effort to track down other tapers (outside of the Queen community) in the past.

>QueenZone and the hub have no problem when previous QueenZone or hub shares appear on Dime

That's because these QZ and hub users aren't the ones who tracked down the tapes, so they have no reason to care about what's happening with them.

>Once a recording is out, you cannot contain it

Yes, in theory.  But in practice, it's respectful to the people involved in the liberating of recording to acknowledge their work and wishes once it is out.

>Just yesterday I visited the Chilean forum, they discussed the sharing of the concert broadcast and they said: "look out for QueenZone, they always share everything" and that made me really happy:)

Yes, that makes me very happy too.  But that is a completely different issue.  But no, we don't share "everything" here.  Far, far from it.  Plenty of things don't get shared here, and probably never will.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 20 Nov 08, 17:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"I was right pissed off about Chicago 78.  I tracked down the taper myself and got the best possible version of it, I smoothed out the edits, and I shared it... and then the operator of the website reshares it in mp3, along with two other shows, all with no lineage."

Well, I did not download the mp3s, so I really do not know if the mp3s come from your edited version. Truth is that I already had a Chicago 78 master copy from another collector long before you shared yours on Queenzone. Even if you mastered it and improved it which I do not doubt at all and I am sure you did a fantastic job  - that does not give you the right to act like you recorded or discovered the original recording and like you have a right to tell other people what they can do or cannot do.

I am sure that Richard just picked some random concerts to test his new sharing function. It was about a website test and not about sharing a well known concert that has been on Queenzone various times. Plus he is not the operator of Queenzone, he is the owner and founder of Queenzone and there would not be a fraction of the stuff so freely available if not for him.

"Spend some time PMing people, and you'll track down one of these tapes, and then maybe you'll know what it feels like to be told directly that recording X will never see the light of day."

If people do not give you their recordings, you blame it on QZ, you have done that before but maybe some people do not give you their stuff for totally different reasons. Strangely, I never had that problem although I am closely connected to Queenzone. (Another deja vu here)

lol @ underground :)

I do not want any google ads here.