Forums > Personal > Help

forum rss feed
Author

blerp user not visiting Queenzone.com
blerp
Deity: 2438 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Nov 08, 22:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Is it possible to involuntarily form an eating disorder? The reason I'm asking is because of this: me and my boyfriend (who live together) have been strapped for cash, therefore we don't have a lot of food around. I haven't had a full meal at all during the past week, reasons being because of the aforementioned and because I've been busy with work, school, and the upcoming holidays. I made myself macaroni and cheese (horrible I know) not too long ago, but just making that took a lot of concentration, and I've been dizzy and tired all day. I also guessed that it could be lack of vitamins and/or REAL food...
And even after I ate my food, I felt like throwing it back up (sometimes I get nauseous when I'm extremely hungry)... but I'm scared, because I'm getting paranoid that my body is getting too used to not getting enough food... :-/
So I don't know if it's just me, or something more serious.


I'm so pissed I could spit.
thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6256 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Nov 08, 07:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If you haven't eaten (properly) in a while, your body will respond poorly to a sudden intake of food (for instance, nausea). Paranoia is also a symptom of malnourishment, as are poor motor skills, a short temper and mild depression. Get some food in you. And, when managing your income, bear in mind that good nourishment is the top priority. Everything else comes second.

Oh, and just for the record: genuine eating disorders are always involuntary; if it's voluntary, it's not a disorder but a bad habit.



Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

Ms. Rebel user not visiting Queenzone.com
Ms. Rebel
Deity: 3428 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Nov 08, 07:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



I eat a loooooooooooot.

My mom's like: "O, watch out. You'll gain weight."



That makes me eat even more.

DERIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII. [img=/images/smiley/msn/thumbs_up.gif][/img]








I'm sick of all my kicks.
thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6256 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Nov 08, 07:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Ms. Rebel wrote:







I eat a loooooooooooot.

My mom's like: "O, watch out. You'll gain weight."







That makes me eat even more.

DERIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII. [img=/images/smiley/msn/thumbs_up.gif][/img]














Wow. That was so helpful.








Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Nov 08, 07:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



ThomasQuinn wrote:







Ms. Rebel wrote:















I eat a loooooooooooot.

My mom's like: "O, watch out. You'll gain weight."















That makes me eat even more.

DERIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII. [img=/images/smiley/msn/thumbs_up.gif][/img]






























Wow. That was so helpful.





Are you surprised?









Killed by drones.
Freya is quietly judging you. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Meh.
Freya is quietly judging you.
Deity: 5913 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Nov 08, 07:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm rubbish at eating too. If you haven't eaten properly for a few days/weeks, you'll find your stomach shrinks therefore you'll feel full really quickly and not be able to eat much, and in turn, feel sick if you do eat too much.

Just try and make sure you eat one meal a day. Tis what I try to do.

its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Nov 08, 10:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Freya is quietly judging you. wrote:

I'm rubbish at eating too. If you haven't eaten properly for a few days/weeks, you'll find your stomach shrinks therefore you'll feel full really quickly and not be able to eat much, and in turn, feel sick if you do eat too much.

Just try and make sure you eat one meal a day. Tis what I try to do.




You're right.

I wish I could eat one meal a day. I'd die. I can't do that. =/




Charlie Brown user not visiting Queenzone.com
Charlie Brown
Bohemian: 462 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Nov 08, 11:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Ravie, it sounds to me like you are anxious and stressed out by things in your life at this time not just financial limitations, which leads you to not eating and feeling out of sorts. I'm a fairly big guy and most days i don't eat but one meal myself. The other day i didn't eat a thing not because i didn't have food, i just felt really blah. Many people feel blah this time of year. You know  macaroni and cheese is actually a good meal for people on a tight budget because it contains dairy, protein and carbohydrate.

Ms. Rebel user not visiting Queenzone.com
Ms. Rebel
Deity: 3428 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Nov 08, 11:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@ Thomas:

Sue me, bitch. ;)


I'm sick of all my kicks.
Winter Land Man user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jake
Winter Land Man
Deity: 4400 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Nov 08, 14:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Ravie wrote:

Is it possible to involuntarily form an eating disorder? The reason I'm asking is because of this: me and my boyfriend (who live together) have been strapped for cash, therefore we don't have a lot of food around. I haven't had a full meal at all during the past week, reasons being because of the aforementioned and because I've been busy with work, school, and the upcoming holidays. I made myself macaroni and cheese (horrible I know) not too long ago, but just making that took a lot of concentration, and I've been dizzy and tired all day. I also guessed that it could be lack of vitamins and/or REAL food...And even after I ate my food, I felt like throwing it back up (sometimes I get nauseous when I'm extremely hungry)... but I'm scared, because I'm getting paranoid that my body is getting too used to not getting enough food... :-/

So I don't know if it's just me, or something more serious.

That happens to me when I don't eat much for a long time, I guess it's cause my stomach gets smaller, so, when I eat an average size meal, I feel sick due to the fact that I was eating less.

Lately though, I've been putting on the lbs!









"Please buy my upcoming album... I need the money"