Forums > Personal > Another reason to despise Rolling Stone magazine

forum rss feed
Author

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Nov 08, 20:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

100 Greatest Singers of All Time

...with Bob Dylan ahead of Robert Plant & Freddie Mercury[img=/images/smiley/msn/thumbs_down.gif][/img]


[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Ms. Rebel user not visiting Queenzone.com
Ms. Rebel
Deity: 3428 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Nov 08, 21:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nice.

I would only change the order.


I'm sick of all my kicks.
littlekillerham user not visiting Queenzone.com
Derp.
littlekillerham
Bohemian: 281 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Nov 08, 21:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yea.  Bob Dyaln sucks at singing.



If you want to be loved, love.
Lady Nyx user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1172 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Nov 08, 21:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

theyre just bias cuz Dylan sang a song with 'rolling stone' in it ;)


"why pay the visit when the visit is free?"
Dan C. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Dan C.
Royalty: 1544 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Nov 08, 23:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm sad that Stevie Nicks is so low...



"The tri-tone is the Devil's interval, and he demands resolution." - Richard Lloyd
***Marial-B*** user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mrs. Meijer
***Marial-B***
Deity: 2285 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Nov 08, 00:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm a fan of Lennon and the Beatles in general, but for me... Freddie was a better singer. Maybe they're judging what the singer represents and how famous is,

And this is for the PR haters...

Paul is on 55 and Freddie on 17... xD


Barcelona, October 22nd 2008
***Marial-B*** user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mrs. Meijer
***Marial-B***
Deity: 2285 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Nov 08, 00:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Also, why Björk is really above from people like Joe Cocker or Karen Carpenter??? I don't like her voice at aññ... is like needles :S


Barcelona, October 22nd 2008
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Nov 08, 06:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah.  That right there is an insult; Karen Carpenter below Bjork?  Fuck that.  I feel beige for having an appreciation for such sappy music, but that woman had the most incredible control over her voice.

I'm not at all surprised at this; another bullshit list from a bullshit magazine.  WHO is buying this stuff?  Own up.



"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Treasure Moment user not visiting Queenzone.com
Treasure Moment
Deity: 3413 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Nov 08, 14:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Mr.Jingles wrote:

100 Greatest Singers of All Time

...with Bob Dylan ahead of Robert Plant & Freddie Mercury[img=/images/smiley/msn/thumbs_down.gif][/img]


haha FUCK rolling stone! they know SHIT about music those fucking low scum beings!







Freddie Mercury is God

TREASURE MOMENT: Continuing QUEENs footsteps

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

Treasure Moment user not visiting Queenzone.com
Treasure Moment
Deity: 3413 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Nov 08, 14:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



***Marial-B*** wrote:

I'm a fan of Lennon and the Beatles in general, but for me... Freddie was a better singer. Maybe they're judging what the singer represents and how famous is,

And this is for the PR haters...

Paul is on 55 and Freddie on 17... xD

it has nothing to with being fan or not, freddie IS a million times better singer than anybody, just a fact.








Freddie Mercury is God

TREASURE MOMENT: Continuing QUEENs footsteps

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Nov 08, 16:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Where the fuck is Klaus Nomi on that list?? :-P

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Nov 08, 23:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Treasure Moment wrote:


it has nothing to with being fan or not, freddie IS a million times better singer than anybody, just a fact.




How come his voice used to break frequently on stage when lots of 'worse' singers have way more control over their instruments?

Isn't it funny how Roger used to be the one who did the really high screams because Freddie's didn't sound as good?



"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
StoneColdClassicQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
I need a haircut.
StoneColdClassicQueen
Bohemian: 775 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Nov 08, 01:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



RS is stupid.
come on now, these are the guys that actually had the Jonas Brothers on the cover.
that's real dumb.
that's why i pay almost no attention to their lists.
i couldn't believe Bob Dylan was ahead of Freddie. I agree with everyone else, this is based purely on what the singers achieved and not their vocal ability.



RS is real stupid.



and i'm tired..... [img=/images/smiley/msn/sad_smile.gif][/img]




"When you make love to someone, use a condom."-Brian May

______________________________________

Paul Rodgers is Chuck Norris.
Treasure Moment user not visiting Queenzone.com
Treasure Moment
Deity: 3413 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Nov 08, 05:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Zebonka12 wrote:



 



Treasure Moment wrote:



it has nothing to with being fan or not, freddie IS a million times better singer than anybody, just a fact.





How come his voice used to break frequently on stage when lots of 'worse' singers have way more control over their instruments?

Isn't it funny how Roger used to be the one who did the really high screams because Freddie's didn't sound as good?




well thats true, freddie had some problems with his throat as you already know but it doesnt matter, he still sang 100 times better and with more emotion than anybody. Roger did the high screams yes but remember that it also was falsetto most of the time, he could never sing the high notes as freddie with his normal voice, a perfect example is this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrenWuUjl2s


pay attention to 3:30 when he sings "im never giving in" part





Freddie Mercury is God

TREASURE MOMENT: Continuing QUEENs footsteps

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6257 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Nov 08, 05:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote







Treasure Moment wrote:



















Mr.Jingles wrote:







100 Greatest Singers of All Time

...with Bob Dylan ahead of Robert Plant & Freddie Mercury[img=/images/smiley/msn/thumbs_down.gif][/img]







haha FUCK rolling stone! they know SHIT about music those fucking low scum beings!






In that case, I suggest you apply for a job there.



Oh, and as for the list: if Bob Dylan is your worst beef with the list, I suggest getting a hearing aid. TINA TURNER above Freddie Mercury? Now *that* is disturbing.







Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Nov 08, 07:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



ThomasQuinn wrote:















Treasure Moment wrote:











































Mr.Jingles wrote:















100 Greatest Singers of All Time

...with Bob Dylan ahead of Robert Plant & Freddie Mercury[img=/images/smiley/msn/thumbs_down.gif][/img]















haha FUCK rolling stone! they know SHIT about music those fucking low scum beings!






In that case, I suggest you apply for a job there.



Oh, and as for the list: if Bob Dylan is your worst beef with the list, I suggest getting a hearing aid. TINA TURNER above Freddie Mercury? Now *that* is disturbing.


Tina Turner might not have the most appealing voice, but you gotta give it to the woman for having soul and power.

Needless to say, Tina Turner is by far a much better singer than Bob Dylan.
Personally I think it's less painful to take a beating from Ike Turner than listening to Dylan.








[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
@ndy38 user not visiting Queenzone.com
@ndy38
Royalty: 1490 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Nov 08, 07:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Aha, and Simon Cowell said Mariah Carey was the best of all time....


Crazy Little Thing Called Love....
Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Nov 08, 12:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.queenzone.com/queenzone/forumnew/forum_topic_view.aspx?Q=1150638



Treasure Moment user not visiting Queenzone.com
Treasure Moment
Deity: 3413 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Nov 08, 18:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



@ndy38 wrote:

Aha, and Simon Cowell said Mariah Carey was the best of all time.... 


simon knows shit about music then







Freddie Mercury is God

TREASURE MOMENT: Continuing QUEENs footsteps

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

@ndy38 user not visiting Queenzone.com
@ndy38
Royalty: 1490 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Nov 08, 18:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Treasure Moment wrote:



 



@ndy38 wrote:



Aha, and Simon Cowell said Mariah Carey was the best of all time.... 



simon knows shit about music then





Indeed, yet he's one of the richest men in the music industry. Where is the justice?








Crazy Little Thing Called Love....