Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Queen + Paul Rodgers = Over

forum rss feed
Author

Headlong24 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 62 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Nov 08, 13:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ok who here gets the feeling that this partnership is going to be over very soon? I mean it was a great run, and I was lucky enough to see them 6 times but I think the partnership has run it's course. They did 2 tours, a live record and a new studio album, where else can they possible take it. It's a shame I love Paul Rodgers but I really think he hinders Queen's back catalog and song selection. On the other hand I do see Paul Rodgers getting the short hand of the stick as well with them playing only one or two of his songs per show. I just think both side have realized that the partnership has run it's course. You might see a few more big gigs being booked but I would'nt expect anything more from Queen + Paul Rodgers.

Play The Game
GT user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 799 posts

Posted: 26 Nov 08, 14:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have to disagree. I think they can go on as long as they feel the music is working, and going by The Cosmos Rocks album, I think they have a lot more to offer. If any other recordings are as good as that album then bring it on.
They might take a break, and that could be for a while, but I get the impression that they would want to work together again. They seem very happy on stage and in interviews, considering the gruelling nature of this tour.
I really hope so anyway. I think Paul is the best thing since, well, Freddie Mercury.

L-R-TIGER1994 user not visiting Queenzone.com
member of the Royal Family
L-R-TIGER1994
Deity: 3652 posts

Posted: 26 Nov 08, 14:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What you expected?20 Paul songs per show?it´s not a Bad Company tour it´s QUEEN +.
The show in Velez was excellent but the people clearly got bored during Paul songs especially Seagull take into acccount that MANY people are MAINLY going to the concerts to listen and watching Brian and Roger.

Heap big woman you made an asshole outta me....gimme your bums and ride!!!!!!
boca user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 399 posts

Posted: 26 Nov 08, 15:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

...and thank god it's going to be finished. brian and roger can go on without him.

I think I'm banana tree...
alex_unbreakable user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 26 Nov 08, 16:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No, no and no. That's just talking without knowing nothing at all. We just don't know what will happen.
Anyway, I hope they will go on. QUEEN + Paul Rodgers rock!
(Be positive!)

Marcos Napier user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 622 posts

Posted: 26 Nov 08, 16:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

boca wrote:

...and thank god it's going to be finished. brian and roger can go on without him.

They have the right to continue blah blah blah but it's time to go to bed. From the bored faces of them all in an interview today for the brazilian Terra portal (link won't work outside Brazil or I'd post it), they seem to be or very bored or about to kill each other.

L-R-TIGER1994 user not visiting Queenzone.com
member of the Royal Family
L-R-TIGER1994
Deity: 3652 posts

Posted: 26 Nov 08, 17:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Or very tired,remember that they are in their 60´s.

Heap big woman you made an asshole outta me....gimme your bums and ride!!!!!!
Olly 1988 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 26 posts

Posted: 26 Nov 08, 19:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Or they are bored of answering the questions, 'What would Freddie have made of this?' and 'Where is John Deacon?'

Ken8 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 344 posts

Posted: 26 Nov 08, 20:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Or they are bored of answering the questions, 'What would Freddie have made of this?' and 'Where is John Deacon?'"

They couldn't be that naive not to expect those questions.  They've only invited them even more so by carrying on the name "Queen"

Posted: 26 Nov 08, 20:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Freddie is still with us" (actual quote of Brian in this interview)

NO HE'S NOT.

Marcelo_argentina user not visiting Queenzone.com
Marcelo_argentina
Bohemian: 219 posts

Posted: 26 Nov 08, 20:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh yes He IS!!!

Posted: 26 Nov 08, 22:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

In your wet (and TM's) dreams.

Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6373 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 08, 01:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Paul has to be getting tired of being an unappreciated, 2nd fiddle, red-headed stepchild.

Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!

Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html

B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
Brian_Mays_Wig user not visiting Queenzone.com
Brian_Mays_Wig
Deity: 2934 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 08, 04:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It is coming up to panto season after all!

I hope its over......I would rather hear new solo material if im honest.

Chom own mudder fukker.
Togg user not visiting Queenzone.com
Togg
Deity: 2392 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 08, 04:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I highly doubt this will be it, they have done a huge tour which has done well and pulled in millions, the album has sold OK, not great but certainly up there with many of Queens previous outings, hot space, jazz etc

However, the main reason is that they all still like working and will want to continue until the desire to perform stops dragging them back

At 60 they will all realise this is coming to and end soon, and I highly doubt they will stop now, I will bet the ranch that in a couple of years we will be hearing new material and seeing another tour.

Amen to that...

A lot of the naysayers on this board talk about a bad feeling between the band on stage and off...sorry but that is pure nonesense... You should have seen them in the Freddie days... talk about fighting with eachother, this is a walk in the park compared to that. Freddie would have actual fights with band members, they would scream and shout at eachother, Brian and Roger were constantly fighting

These days all that has gone, Roger and Brian are best friends, Paul gets on well with both of them and from what I hear he has really enjoyed this tour and partnership.

There were times back in the day when you would turn up at a gig and be thinking will Freddie even show up on stage'

My feeling is they will break for a while but keep plans open to do more in a year or so.

"It is better to sit in silence and have people think you're a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
gnomo user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 743 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 08, 05:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian_Mays_Wig wrote:

I would rather hear new solo material if im honest.

There will NEVER be any new solo material from Brian or Roger, because it won't be commercially profitable, so no record company will publish and support it.

Just look at what half-hearted microscopic support TCR has gotten, despite the Queen name on it!!!

Paul is the only one with a continuing solo career.

--

Gnomo

(... any way the wind blows ...)

Posted: 27 Nov 08, 05:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Togg wrote:

A lot of the naysayers on this board talk about a bad feeling between the band on stage and off...sorry but that is pure nonesense... 

There has actually been an extremely rough time among them, but they eventually got past it, and they all now seem to be getting along pretty well.

If that will result in more new music, and when, is still to be seen...

--

Gnomo

Togg user not visiting Queenzone.com
Togg
Deity: 2392 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 08, 06:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

gnomo wrote:

Togg wrote:

A lot of the naysayers on this board talk about a bad feeling between the band on stage and off...sorry but that is pure nonesense... 

There has actually been an extremely rough time among them, but they eventually got past it, and they all now seem to be getting along pretty well.

If that will result in more new music, and when, is still to be seen...

Sorry, but that is pure speculation... what evidence have you got other than folk on here saying so based on the fact Paul hasn't signed there album or Brian walk past without smiling.

Unless you have been backstage with the Band and witnessed an argument or they have discussed it in an interview it is nothing but spectulation.

"It is better to sit in silence and have people think you're a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

Posted: 27 Nov 08, 06:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Togg wrote:

Sorry, but that is pure speculation...
(...)
Unless you have been backstage with the Band and witnessed an argument

I can't possibly have witnessed an argument because, as always, they still carefully keep all their arguments behind closed doors.

Rumours.

--

Gnomo

mr.teatime 6803 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 23 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 08, 06:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Indeed I too would like to hear any evidence you have for these bust ups beyond 'I heard this rumour from some guy somewhere'. Do you have any details?