Forums > Queen - General Discussion > GENE SIMMONS KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT KISS/QUEEN TOUR

forum rss feed
Author

mworks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 24 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Nov 08, 08:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

msl
mworks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 24 posts

Posted: 29 Nov 08, 08:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Not many U.S. bands could share the stage with Queen or Queen+PR for that matter.  I'm afraid that KISS isn't one of them. Performance wise, KISS is fun to watch, but they just don't have much substance to their music. Aerosmith would be a better choice. I would prefer another British band: Muse, Keane, Led Zep, The Killers, and the list goes on and on.  C'mon US! Don't we have any bands that we can put up on stage with any of the Bitish Mega-bands?!

msl
Marcos Napier user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 622 posts

Posted: 29 Nov 08, 11:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gene would be the first to know about it - if it ever happens.

PS what's with this mandatory subject field now?

«¤~Mrš. BÃD GÛŸ~¤» user not visiting Queenzone.com
«¤~Mrš. BÃD GÛŸ~¤»
Bohemian: 479 posts

Posted: 29 Nov 08, 23:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mworks said: Not many U.S. bands could share the stage with Queen or Queen+PR for
that matter.  I'm afraid that KISS isn't one of them. Performance wise,
KISS is fun to watch, but they just don't have much substance to their
music. Aerosmith would be a better choice. I would prefer another
British band: Muse, Keane, Led Zep, The Killers, and the list goes on
and on.  C'mon US! Don't we have any bands that we can put up on stage
with any of the Bitish Mega-bands?!

Well they must have some substance to their music for holding the record for the most gold records in the United States (24 to be exact) and have sold over 80 million albums.I would say they take the prize for originality for their make-up..no other band has done that. As far as them sharing the stage...I'll believe it when I see it.

¥~Ït’š iñ thë LåÞ øf thè Gódš~¥
TheCosmosRocks user not visiting Queenzone.com
TheCosmosRocks
Rocker: 21 posts

Posted: 30 Nov 08, 07:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is such a bad idea. Queen would never tour with KISS!

''We believe, there's a deed of obligation, to bring reconciliation, to make peace with every nation....''
Leaky Luke user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 619 posts

Posted: 30 Nov 08, 13:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mworks wrote:

Not many U.S. bands could share the stage with Queen or Queen+PR for that matter.  I'm afraid that KISS isn't one of them. Performance wise, KISS is fun to watch, but they just don't have much substance to their music. Aerosmith would be a better choice. I would prefer another British band: Muse, Keane, Led Zep, The Killers, and the list goes on and on.  C'mon US! Don't we have any bands that we can put up on stage with any of the Bitish Mega-bands?!

Creedence Clearwater Revival? Now that would be entertaining, lol.

On a serious matter, I think a lot of American bands will qualify to be able to play with Queen on stage.

Micrówave wrote: I would prefer they release a concert of all four sitting at a table just talking about Queen without exerting any kind of energy. Well, maybe Fred can smoke
Holly2003 user is on Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4706 posts

Posted: 30 Nov 08, 16:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Kiss = souless noise.

I'd be annoyed of this turned out to be true because Gene Simmons is such a right wing dipshit.

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
«¤~Mrš. BÃD GÛŸ~¤»

Posted: 30 Nov 08, 18:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2008 said:Kiss = souless noise.

I'd be annoyed of this turned out to be true because Gene Simmons is such a right wing dipshit

Queen and Paul Rodgers=I wish I could sing

Wait a minute....aren't you confusing Gene with Paul Rodgers???

Holly2003 user is on Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4706 posts

Posted: 01 Dec 08, 05:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

«¤~Mrš. BÃD GÛŸ~¤» wrote:

Holly2008 said:Kiss = souless noise.

I'd be annoyed of this turned out to be true because Gene Simmons is such a right wing dipshit

Queen and Paul Rodgers=I wish I could sing

Wait a minute....aren't you confusing Gene with Paul Rodgers???

Very amusing: whatever your opinion of QPR, it has nothing to do with just how very very bad Kiss were and are.

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 01 Dec 08, 11:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The rumour got mixed up.

Queen is touring with GWAR.

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 02 Dec 08, 10:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well they must have some substance to their music for holding the record for the most gold records in the United States (24 to be exact)

*ahem*

Sales figures in the US have never, ever, ever amounted to musical substance.
Some people have been lucky and achieved both; but one doesn't simply go hand in hand with the other by default.

I love Kiss, I really do, but I wish people would see Kiss for what they are; basically a colossal joke.  They're FUNNY, they're unsubtle, completely obvious, not very interesting musically, but I mean... it works.  Or it did for a while.  The 80's kinda ruined it for me.  Anyone ever see the video to "Lick it Up"?

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
«¤~Mrš. BÃD GÛŸ~¤»

Posted: 02 Dec 08, 22:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

Well they must have some substance to their music for holding the record for the most gold records in the United States (24 to be exact)

*ahem*

Sales figures in the US have never, ever, ever amounted to musical substance.
Some people have been lucky and achieved both; but one doesn't simply go hand in hand with the other by default.

I love Kiss, I really do, but I wish people would see Kiss for what they are; basically a colossal joke.  They're FUNNY, they're unsubtle, completely obvious, not very interesting musically, but I mean... it works.  Or it did for a while.  The 80's kinda ruined it for me.  Anyone ever see the video to "Lick it Up"?

"Oh Brother!" (rolls eyes)

AmeriQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1072 posts

Posted: 02 Dec 08, 23:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think Queen should consider Def Leppard, Journey, Styx, Whitesnake and Guns N' Roses long before touring with Kiss.  Personally I could care less because Queen by their own weight can still get large venues, and if not than the smaller gigs would be all the better provided they would still bill them.

bobo the chimp

Posted: 03 Dec 08, 09:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

Anyone ever see the video to "Lick it Up"?

That'd better be you agreeing with me. 

I'm right, anyway.  US Charts = great for a laugh but artistically devoid, most of the time.  For fucks sake, next thing you'll be telling me Kid Rock is a visionary.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts

Posted: 03 Dec 08, 10:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I like Kiss.

[img=/images/smiley/msn/shades_smile.gif][/img]

«¤~Mrš. BÃD GÛŸ~¤»

Posted: 03 Dec 08, 22:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

Zebonka12 wrote:

Anyone ever see the video to "Lick it Up"?

That'd better be you agreeing with me. 

I'm right, anyway.  US Charts = great for a laugh but artistically devoid, most of the time.  For fucks sake, next thing you'll be telling me Kid Rock is a visionary.

I would agree with you if you knew what the hell you were talking about!!
 Your theory about the U.S. charts or any other kind of chart for that matter in regards to them being artistically  devoid of course, could also include...ummmmmm lets see.....Queen perhaps!

As far as Kid Rock is concerned...no visionary, but he has more money then you'll ever see in a lifetime!! Must be due to him hitting those artistically devoid charts of yours!

bobo the chimp

Posted: 04 Dec 08, 03:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As far as Kid Rock is concerned...no visionary, but he has more money then you'll ever see in a lifetime!! Must be due to him hitting those artistically devoid charts of yours!

Oh, God, why do they come to me ....  I can safely say that I don't *want* Kid Rock's money, if the price is being a middle-of-the-road, unimaginative toe rag. 

You won't find a thoughtful individual with a working set of ears who'll refute the idea that the US mainstream charts form a worthless parade of disposable monkey toss.  Whether or not you LIKE the music is of course subjective; as I pointed out earlier, I like Kiss for what they are.  Cheap crap, but hilarious and memorable.  Did I mention I like Kiss?  Doesn't change what they are, though.

«¤~Mrš. BÃD GÛŸ~¤»

Posted: 04 Dec 08, 10:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

Oh, God, why do they come to me ....  I can safely say that I don't *want* Kid Rock's money, if the price is being a middle-of-the-road, unimaginative toe rag. 

You won't find a thoughtful individual with a working set of ears who'll refute the idea that the US mainstream charts form a worthless parade of disposable monkey toss.  Whether or not you LIKE the music is of course subjective; as I pointed out earlier, I like Kiss for what they are.  Cheap crap, but hilarious and memorable.  Did I mention I like Kiss?  Doesn't change what they are, though.

*Yawn*

goinback user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 997 posts

Posted: 04 Dec 08, 22:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen and Kiss were on par in terms of the visuals of their shows in the '70s, they're the perfect match for a tour.  In terms of music though, Queen broke all the boundaries, while Kiss were just a great rock band (and Kiss doesn't seem to pretend to be any more than that).

"I have no time for Time magazine. Or Rolling Stone." Jethro Tull
bobo the chimp

Posted: 07 Dec 08, 06:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

*Yawn*

Christ, nobody told me that Judd Nelson posted here.