Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > Taylor 86 or 08

forum rss feed
Author

clifton user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 37 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Dec 08, 14:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Is taylor really playing better than ever as once quoted by Mr May? does he still have that bit of fire in his playing these days? I personally think he has been playing around with several "New" Techniques not usually assosiated wiv our Rog.

Ale Solan user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sod off.
Ale Solan
Deity: 8973 posts

Posted: 02 Dec 08, 15:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

clifton wrote:

Is taylor really playing better than ever as once quoted by Mr May? does he still have that bit of fire in his playing these days? I personally think he has been playing around with several "New" Techniques not usually assosiated wiv our Rog.

- Does this question belong to this forum?

- No.

dbruce user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 163 posts

Posted: 02 Dec 08, 17:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What kind of 'new' things are you talking about? Building a kit around him while playing, yes, I'll give you that.

I agree this tour is the best I've heard him drumming. Check out AKOM from Chile for a great ad-lib fill during the guitar solo. Genius. The sound from the drums is absolutely perfect as well.

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts

Posted: 02 Dec 08, 18:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian's right.  Roger has definitely been working on his chops, as his playing is better than ever.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
lalaalalaa user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 841 posts

Posted: 02 Dec 08, 19:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Maybe he's playing better for Freddie.

Raf user not visiting Queenzone.com
Stop this noise!
Raf
Deity: 8274 posts

Posted: 03 Dec 08, 08:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian too seems to be playing better!

I only have my doubts during the old Brighton Rock solo... He has never played that one like he used to do back in 78 or 79. But in general, he seems to be playing really well! Someone mentioned Roger's ad libing on AKOM, and I'll mention Brian's on the same song! :) He was really on fire this year!

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Universe rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin' to the mighty power of rock'n'roll!
pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10072 posts

Posted: 03 Dec 08, 09:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Both Brian and Roger are playing much better then on the last Queen tour, and even much better then on the 2005 tour. The only problem is that they get tired too early on every concert, they're really getting old

Raf user not visiting Queenzone.com
Stop this noise!
Raf
Deity: 8274 posts

Posted: 04 Dec 08, 10:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

pittrek wrote:

Both Brian and Roger are playing much better then on the last Queen tour, and even much better then on the 2005 tour. The only problem is that they get tired too early on every concert, they're really getting old

In Rio they didn't seem tired at all! After watching the Kharkov gig, I assumed Roger would be pretty much dead after doing the solo and singing I'm In Love With My Car, so SINT and AKOM would suck... But hell, he did a wonderful job with them all, and when he sang Under Pressure later on, he was still okay. His drumming was great until the end. Same about Brian - I loved his playing on Cosmos Rockin'! Great, fun solo! :)

We got the Universe rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin' to the mighty power of rock'n'roll!