Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Q+PR Splittin up?

forum rss feed
Author

Marcelo_argentina user not visiting Queenzone.com
Marcelo_argentina
Bohemian: 219 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Dec 08, 20:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

For those that have been wondering about the future of Queen+Paul Rodgers here is the direct words from our hero Brian May....

http://www.brianmay.com/whatsnew.html

Cheers!

jeffuk49 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 432 posts

Posted: 04 Dec 08, 02:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thats wierd, i must be reading between the lines because if they were not I think the answer would have been a straight no

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10072 posts

Posted: 04 Dec 08, 03:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian is actually very positive

Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 04 Dec 08, 03:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What is this "brianmay.com" you speak of?

Why do you expect us to trust these obscure reports you find in little-known corners of the internet?

Togg user not visiting Queenzone.com
Togg
Deity: 2393 posts

Posted: 04 Dec 08, 04:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't expect we will hear anything official until the New Year.

Once the dust has settled from the tour they will no-doubt re-group and debate the future just as Queen always did in years gone by, until one of them says something officially that can be quoted first hand accurately we will not know.

The speculation will no doubt continue on the boards for weeks until they come out and comment... It's going to be a long winter....

"It is better to sit in silence and have people think you're a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
7Innuendo7 user not visiting Queenzone.com
7Innuendo7
Bohemian: 816 posts

Posted: 04 Dec 08, 07:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's interesting that the original Queen line-up also experienced these kinds of rumors.

When a red hot man meets a white hot lady, Hoop Diddy Diddy, Hoop Diddy Doo!
Brett5150 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Brett5150
Rocker: 16 posts

Posted: 04 Dec 08, 08:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I bloody hope not. I'm one of the few that loved the new album, and I'm hoping for another in a cuppla years, and a aussie tour!!!

What is understood need not be discussed
GT user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 799 posts

Posted: 04 Dec 08, 09:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey Brett, I totally agree with you. I love the album so much (and the tour) and hope another album isn't too far away.

Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts

Posted: 04 Dec 08, 12:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Dutch radio station Veronica announced that Paul left Brian + Roger.

John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

Ken8 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 345 posts

Posted: 04 Dec 08, 20:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

7Innuendo7 wrote:

It's interesting that the original Queen line-up also experienced these kinds of rumors.

Except the real Queen experienced those rumours despite overwhelming commercial success.

Marcos Napier user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 622 posts

Posted: 04 Dec 08, 21:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

To me it sounds like a big yes. In a few weeks or months, but a yes. "...haven't made any decisions whatsoever about the future ... " means that the possibility exists or that it wasn't discarded, at least. He could deny it even knowing that it's true (what about the "tours" for Miracle and Innuendo?... He said there would be tours "in the future", and a lot of people believed), but no.

Martin Packer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 528 posts

Posted: 05 Dec 08, 14:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

... except, Marcus Napier, that Brian was trying to protect someone. Someone very special. We all know who. And the Protection Operation was remarkably well coordinated and executed.

There's no need for that in this case.

Martin
Marcos Napier user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 622 posts

Posted: 05 Dec 08, 17:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I still think he doesn't like to hurt anyone's feelings (fans and Paul's?). Being responsible to give this "announcement" (so soon after the end of the tour) would be a burden on him. He is still protective about Queen - he wasn't just protecting you know who when he said they would tour in 88. He was also protecting Queen saying that they werent over yet, although they couldn't tour anymore.

Posted: 05 Dec 08, 21:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It would probably be more accurate if Brian said "he and Roger haven't made any decision about the future" because Paul Rodgers looks like he may have made the decision for them.

I certainly can't blame Rodgers for stepping out of someone else's shoes.  No matter how often the sheep tell you this is "a new band,"  the comparisons are inevitable.

7Innuendo7 user not visiting Queenzone.com
7Innuendo7
Bohemian: 816 posts

Posted: 10 Dec 08, 22:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

interesting point, ken8, do you think PR did it for the $ or just to drive the ferrari?

When a red hot man meets a white hot lady, Hoop Diddy Diddy, Hoop Diddy Doo!
TheCosmosRocks user not visiting Queenzone.com
TheCosmosRocks
Rocker: 21 posts

Posted: 11 Dec 08, 14:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

THEY ARE NOT SPLITTING UP!

''We believe, there's a deed of obligation, to bring reconciliation, to make peace with every nation....''

Posted: 12 Dec 08, 21:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

7Innuendo7 wrote:

interesting point, ken8, do you think PR did it for the $ or just to drive the ferrari?

Who knows?

I'm sure the three of them genuinely like each other.

I'm sure the financial incentive would've been tempting, but already they're getting a dead horse ready to flog.

I'm also sure that a singer the calibre of Rodgers must get miffed living in the shadow of someone else, fronting a band whose late singer is so fondly remembered.

And I'm sure Rodgers, with such a long career behind him can see the writing on the wall.  If there's any truth to the rumour about opening for Journey, Q+PR are on their way to playing clubs.  You couldn't blame Rodgers for wanting to return to Bad Company or solo shows.

"or just to drive the ferrari?"

Again, who knows?  You have to know something about a Ferrari to drive one properly.

Rodgers relies on a teleprompter for lyrics to rock standards........

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 12 Dec 08, 22:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And must we point out again that it's not only Q+PR who use teleprompters onstage?

There are bigger bands like, oh U2, that use those as well.

But I guess that don't matter to you trolls. As long as the paycheques keep coming in, your compensated attempts to sway fans from purchasing the albums and attending shows goes on and on and on like a broken record.

Posted: 14 Dec 08, 20:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

inu-liger wrote:

And must we point out again that it's not only Q+PR who use teleprompters onstage?

There are bigger bands like, oh U2, that use those as well.

But I guess that don't matter to you trolls. As long as the paycheques keep coming in, your compensated attempts to sway fans from purchasing the albums and attending shows goes on and on and on like a broken record.

Who's talking about U2? 

You mean to tell me a seasoned pro like Rodgers, fronting a major band like Queen needs a teleprompter for standards like "TYMD" or "AOBTD" or "CLTCL" etc??  Most people down the local pub know those lyrics when they come on the juke box!

As for your line about pay cheques and compensated attempts....WTF?

You really struggle making a case beyond name calling.

Brianmay1975 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Brianmay1975
Bohemian: 608 posts

Posted: 15 Dec 08, 18:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So what's the issue with the teleprompter? So what if he uses one? I don't care about it, really. Never bothered me during the Budapest show I attended.

Let's not forget that Freddie once fucked up the lyrics to Bohemian Rhapsody, Roger repeatedly forgot the lyrics to I'm In Love With My Car and Brian totally messed up the lyrics to We Will Rock You one day. Freddie, Roger, Brian AND Paul Rodgers are human. The only one who never messed up or forgot the lyrics to any song, ever, is John. Which leads us to the conclusion that the only sure way to not be mistaken is to shut up and never ever sing... OR use a teleprompter.

I LOVE QUEEN!

"My guitar was my weapon and my shield to hide behind" (Brian May)