Forums > Personal > Coldplay been naughty again, or is it just a coinkydink?

forum rss feed
Author

The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Dec 08, 07:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ofFw9DKu_I

I'm curious..


Killed by drones.
Lady Nyx user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1172 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Dec 08, 10:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i had my suspicions....


have they done this before?


i dunno its pretty easy to come up with a song that you write and may have never heard the 'plagerized' song before in your life. theres been a couple songs i had to scrap because they sounded too much like someone else's. i rarely listen to the radio, and i think what happens sometimes is they hear it somewhere, and later not realize that 'its never been done' so they pen a song thinking they came up with something brilliant.


i dunno, if it was intentional, obviously its not right. but if it is coincedence, i can empathize.


"why pay the visit when the visit is free?"
Treasure Moment user not visiting Queenzone.com
Treasure Moment
Deity: 3413 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Dec 08, 14:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ColdCrap, its amazing that people settle for such low standards in music and buy this talentless bands albums haha


Freddie Mercury is God

TREASURE MOMENT: Continuing QUEENs footsteps

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

Raf user not visiting Queenzone.com
Stop this noise!
Raf
Deity: 8274 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Dec 08, 14:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow. I'm not really into Coldplay, neither into Satriani, but I love that mix at the end of the video. [img=/images/smiley/msn/heart.gif][/img]



We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Universe rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin' to the mighty power of rock'n'roll!
@ndy38 user not visiting Queenzone.com
@ndy38
Royalty: 1490 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Dec 08, 14:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Treasure Moment wrote:

ColdCrap, its amazing that people settle for such low standards in music and buy this talentless bands albums haha


Indeed, they are just so BORING. But then again so is most Indie 'rock'.....









Crazy Little Thing Called Love....
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Dec 08, 15:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



@ndy38 wrote:







Treasure Moment wrote:



ColdCrap, its amazing that people settle for such low standards in music and buy this talentless bands albums haha



Indeed, they are just so BORING. But then again so is most Indie 'rock'.....


Some indie rock can be indeed boring, but compared to emo pop/punk, indie rock is by far better.








[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
AspiringPhilosophe user not visiting Queenzone.com
AspiringPhilosophe
Royalty: 1711 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Dec 08, 17:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm actually surprised that doesn't happen more often than it does.  I mean, given that there are millions of different chord progressions you can use, music has been around since ancient times.  I'm pretty sure it's damn near impossible to write anything that can't be accused of "plagiarizing" something else somewhere.  Just statistically it's not possible to write anything completely originally anymore. 

That being said...both songs sound WAY too close to be coincidence.  That's pretty obviously plagiarism.  I still like Coldplay, and I love their entire new album, plus or minus "Viva la Vida".   



Formerly MHG
Treasure Moment user not visiting Queenzone.com
Treasure Moment
Deity: 3413 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Dec 08, 17:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



AspiringPhilosophe wrote:

I'm actually surprised that doesn't happen more often than it does.  I mean, given that there are millions of different chord progressions you can use, music has been around since ancient times.  I'm pretty sure it's damn near impossible to write anything that can't be accused of "plagiarizing" something else somewhere.  Just statistically it's not possible to write anything completely originally anymore. 

That being said...both songs sound WAY too close to be coincidence.  That's pretty obviously plagiarism.  I still like Coldplay, and I love their entire new album, plus or minus "Viva la Vida".   



True but at the same time some melodies such as this one you instantly know it has been done to death 100 times before because its so predictable and simple, as i said, the music standard today is incredibly low. Queen was a band with very very high standards unlike the garbage today.






Freddie Mercury is God

TREASURE MOMENT: Continuing QUEENs footsteps

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Dec 08, 18:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Treasure Moment wrote:







AspiringPhilosophe wrote:



I'm actually surprised that doesn't happen more often than it does.  I mean, given that there are millions of different chord progressions you can use, music has been around since ancient times.  I'm pretty sure it's damn near impossible to write anything that can't be accused of "plagiarizing" something else somewhere.  Just statistically it's not possible to write anything completely originally anymore. 

That being said...both songs sound WAY too close to be coincidence.  That's pretty obviously plagiarism.  I still like Coldplay, and I love their entire new album, plus or minus "Viva la Vida".   




True but at the same time some melodies such as this one you instantly know it has been done to death 100 times before because its so predictable and simple, as i said, the music standard today is incredibly low. Queen was a band with very very high standards unlike the garbage today.



Oh can't you just die already?









Killed by drones.
Raf user not visiting Queenzone.com
Stop this noise!
Raf
Deity: 8274 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Dec 08, 19:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



The Fairy King wrote:







Treasure Moment wrote:



















AspiringPhilosophe wrote:







I'm actually surprised that doesn't happen more often than it does.  I mean, given that there are millions of different chord progressions you can use, music has been around since ancient times.  I'm pretty sure it's damn near impossible to write anything that can't be accused of "plagiarizing" something else somewhere.  Just statistically it's not possible to write anything completely originally anymore. 

That being said...both songs sound WAY too close to be coincidence.  That's pretty obviously plagiarism.  I still like Coldplay, and I love their entire new album, plus or minus "Viva la Vida".   








True but at the same time some melodies such as this one you instantly know it has been done to death 100 times before because its so predictable and simple, as i said, the music standard today is incredibly low. Queen was a band with very very high standards unlike the garbage today.



Oh can't you just die already?








Someday he'll OD on his own shitty music, don't worry.







We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Universe rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin' to the mighty power of rock'n'roll!
Marcos Napier user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 622 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Dec 08, 19:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's not about today's standards - My Sweet Lord was considered a plagiarism, and it was composed a long time ago...

There are a few notes for sure and the combinations are somewhat limited, but there is a very thick line between similarity and copy, sometimes they know that they've crossed it and just expects nobody noticed. They had to make a rule for that - a few bars with the same structure, you're caught. One bar less... maybe you're safe.

And yes this example is a ripoff. I'm not sure if Satriani will be able to prove that it is the required (legal) length to be considered a plagiarism, and Coldplay probably have good lawyers (but even Harrison lost it), they can say that the small bend in the guitar riff makes it different.


bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Dec 08, 21:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Paul Gilbert had a good shot at ripping off Comfortably Numb once.


"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Sweetie user not visiting Queenzone.com
shitbrick
Sweetie
Deity: 2835 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Dec 08, 00:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Mr.Jingles wrote:







@ndy38 wrote:



















Treasure Moment wrote:







ColdCrap, its amazing that people settle for such low standards in music and buy this talentless bands albums haha







Indeed, they are just so BORING. But then again so is most Indie 'rock'.....


Some indie rock can be indeed boring, but compared to emo pop/punk, indie rock is by far better.





 Emo isn't really that boring,
I mean... besides the screaming *doesnt like it*
their solos aren't half bad,
and if you get one with a bit more talent,
then their drumming and bass in teh songs are quite awesome...
(Speaking mostly of the bands around here anyways...)









Evil will always triumph 'cause good is dumb.
Brian_Mays_Wig user not visiting Queenzone.com
Brian_Mays_Wig
Deity: 2934 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Dec 08, 01:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Satriani is now suing.....and so he should. I hope he nails the boring bastards.


Chom own mudder fukker.
Saif user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1109 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Dec 08, 03:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Coldplay, I think, is FUCKING gay and I don't mean that in a sexual way.



"only way to really know what the hell we are doing on this earth is through sacred plants and mushrooms." - Treasure Moment
Treasure Moment user not visiting Queenzone.com
Treasure Moment
Deity: 3413 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Dec 08, 04:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Raf wrote:



 



The Fairy King wrote:



 



 



 



 



Treasure Moment wrote:



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



AspiringPhilosophe wrote:



 



 



 



I'm actually surprised that doesn't happen more often than it does.  I mean, given that there are millions of different chord progressions you can use, music has been around since ancient times.  I'm pretty sure it's damn near impossible to write anything that can't be accused of "plagiarizing" something else somewhere.  Just statistically it's not possible to write anything completely originally anymore. 

That being said...both songs sound WAY too close to be coincidence.  That's pretty obviously plagiarism.  I still like Coldplay, and I love their entire new album, plus or minus "Viva la Vida".   



 



 



 




True but at the same time some melodies such as this one you instantly know it has been done to death 100 times before because its so predictable and simple, as i said, the music standard today is incredibly low. Queen was a band with very very high standards unlike the garbage today.



Oh can't you just die already?








Someday he'll OD on his own shitty music, don't worry.








you arent even worthy of listening to our music you stupid fool





Freddie Mercury is God

TREASURE MOMENT: Continuing QUEENs footsteps

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

Raf user not visiting Queenzone.com
Stop this noise!
Raf
Deity: 8274 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Dec 08, 05:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Treasure Moment wrote:







Raf wrote:











 







The Fairy King wrote:







 











 







 







 







Treasure Moment wrote:







 







 







 











 







 







 







 







 







 







 







AspiringPhilosophe wrote:







 







 







 







I'm actually surprised that doesn't happen more often than it does.  I mean, given that there are millions of different chord progressions you can use, music has been around since ancient times.  I'm pretty sure it's damn near impossible to write anything that can't be accused of "plagiarizing" something else somewhere.  Just statistically it's not possible to write anything completely originally anymore. 

That being said...both songs sound WAY too close to be coincidence.  That's pretty obviously plagiarism.  I still like Coldplay, and I love their entire new album, plus or minus "Viva la Vida".   







 







 







 








True but at the same time some melodies such as this one you instantly know it has been done to death 100 times before because its so predictable and simple, as i said, the music standard today is incredibly low. Queen was a band with very very high standards unlike the garbage today.



Oh can't you just die already?








Someday he'll OD on his own shitty music, don't worry.








you arent even worthy of listening to our music you stupid fool


Good, at least I know you won't bother me to listen to your crap.









We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Universe rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin' to the mighty power of rock'n'roll!
Treasure Moment user not visiting Queenzone.com
Treasure Moment
Deity: 3413 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Dec 08, 05:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Raf wrote:



 



Treasure Moment wrote:



 



 



 



 



Raf wrote:



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



The Fairy King wrote:



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



Treasure Moment wrote:



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



AspiringPhilosophe wrote:



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



I'm actually surprised that doesn't happen more often than it does.  I mean, given that there are millions of different chord progressions you can use, music has been around since ancient times.  I'm pretty sure it's damn near impossible to write anything that can't be accused of "plagiarizing" something else somewhere.  Just statistically it's not possible to write anything completely originally anymore. 

That being said...both songs sound WAY too close to be coincidence.  That's pretty obviously plagiarism.  I still like Coldplay, and I love their entire new album, plus or minus "Viva la Vida".   



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 




True but at the same time some melodies such as this one you instantly know it has been done to death 100 times before because its so predictable and simple, as i said, the music standard today is incredibly low. Queen was a band with very very high standards unlike the garbage today.



Oh can't you just die already?








Someday he'll OD on his own shitty music, don't worry.








you arent even worthy of listening to our music you stupid fool


Good, at least I know you won't bother me to listen to your crap.












as i said, you are not worthy haha



Freddie Mercury is God

TREASURE MOMENT: Continuing QUEENs footsteps

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

JoxerTheDeityPirate user not visiting Queenzone.com
JoxerTheDeityPirate
Deity: 6272 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Dec 08, 06:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



its not as if Queen ever ripped off another tune..oh wait,Was It All Worth It/Battlestar Galatica theme..



anyway,its Coldplay so there's a nice warm place waiting for them in hell no matter what happens....




isnt innuendo an italian suppository?

im gonna ride the wild wind!

its_a_hard_life wrote:you nutcase you rule!

joxer replies: but in a nice way :-]

Raf user not visiting Queenzone.com
Stop this noise!
Raf
Deity: 8274 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Dec 08, 10:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



JoxerTheDeityPirate wrote:



 



its not as if Queen ever ripped off another tune..oh wait,Was It All Worth It/Battlestar Galatica theme..



 



anyway,its Coldplay so there's a nice warm place waiting for them in hell no matter what happens....



 



Man, are you high again? xD Maybe a few seconds from WIAWI and the BG theme sound vaguely similar, and that's it. xP 







We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Universe rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin' to the mighty power of rock'n'roll!