Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Q+PR 2009 American tour??

forum rss feed
Author

buffypython user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 72 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Dec 08, 20:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I really hope they come back to America! I didn't know about them until they were in Europe. I'd give almost anything to see them live!

Anyone know if they're coming back?

thunderbolt 31742 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thunderbolt 31742
Bohemian: 647 posts

Posted: 08 Dec 08, 22:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What do we have now, 87 threads on this?

Nothing is confirmed either way, but it's not looking likely. Smart money is that Q+PR is, unfortunately, a thing of the past.

"Do you think I should keep this mustache? Did you say no? F--- off."
jeffuk49 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 432 posts

Posted: 09 Dec 08, 03:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

been told they are meeting in the first week of the new year to discuss the future

Hitman1965 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hitman1965
Bohemian: 247 posts

Posted: 09 Dec 08, 14:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thunderbolt wrote:

What do we have now, 87 threads on this?

Nothing is confirmed either way, but it's not looking likely. Smart money is that Q+PR is, unfortunately, a thing of the past.

Can you please provide a list of all 87 links please?

As for the second statement - because people want to see/hear Queen and Paul Rodgers? As for your third comment we also have lots of threads/comments from people jumping to their own conclusions who would just love this to be the case - but why? You have no evidence to back any of this up. I'd love to see them again but more so would love them to continue recording new material.  Haven't you read recent comments from Brian on his website?  I think the guys have earned a well earned rest after the recent tour and recordings over the last year or so.  I hope for our US Queenzoners that they do go on tour in 09. 

Hitman1965

Posted: 09 Dec 08, 15:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

jeffuk49 wrote:

been told they are meeting in the first week of the new year to discuss the future

Would be interested in having some idea of the source of the above comment just out of interest?

thunderbolt 31742

Posted: 09 Dec 08, 22:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hitman1965 wrote:

As for the second statement - because people want to see/hear Queen and Paul Rodgers? As for your third comment we also have lots of threads/comments from people jumping to their own conclusions who would just love this to be the case - but why? You have no evidence to back any of this up. I'd love to see them again but more so would love them to continue recording new material.  Haven't you read recent comments from Brian on his website?  I think the guys have earned a well earned rest after the recent tour and recordings over the last year or so.  I hope for our US Queenzoners that they do go on the tour in 09. 

Sarcasm is like a good, sharp vodka. Either it's your thing, or it's not.

I'm one of the US Queenzoners you describe, and I would love to see Q+PR again, but you don't need quotes from Brian, Paul, and Roger to see the writing on the wall. The setlist got stale and the changes stopped happening. Paul seemed lethargic and bored onstage at times, and the posts I've seen here relating to his demeanor toward fans seemed to again project the image that he was tired of the whole project. The album flopped, especially in America, and considering that they couldn't even sell out arenas for a "Greatest Hits" tour in 2006, why would they possibly think that they could sell out arenas in support of an album that tanked?

The guys may decide to remain together as a band and keep making music, maybe even tour Europe again, or decide to head back to Japan. But a US tour looks about as likely as a Pink Floyd reunion--complete with Syd Barrett and Rick Wright.

Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts

Posted: 10 Dec 08, 10:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, I'm still hopin' it will happen. [img=/images/smiley/msn/teeth_smile.gif][/img]

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 10 Dec 08, 11:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They just announced the tour is on.

Gene Simmons will be playing bass in his Kiss makeup, replacing Danny Miranda.  No other members of KISS will be joining the tour and no KISS songs will be played.

Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 10 Dec 08, 12:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Knowing Simmons' ego, the billing will be:

GENE SIMMONS + Queen + paul rodgers

Hitman1965

Posted: 10 Dec 08, 14:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thunderbolt wrote:

Hitman1965 wrote:

As for the second statement - because people want to see/hear Queen and Paul Rodgers? As for your third comment we also have lots of threads/comments from people jumping to their own conclusions who would just love this to be the case - but why? You have no evidence to back any of this up. I'd love to see them again but more so would love them to continue recording new material.  Haven't you read recent comments from Brian on his website?  I think the guys have earned a well earned rest after the recent tour and recordings over the last year or so.  I hope for our US Queenzoners that they do go on the tour in 09. 

Sarcasm is like a good, sharp vodka. Either it's your thing, or it's not.

I'm one of the US Queenzoners you describe, and I would love to see Q+PR again, but you don't need quotes from Brian, Paul, and Roger to see the writing on the wall. The setlist got stale and the changes stopped happening. Paul seemed lethargic and bored onstage at times, and the posts I've seen here relating to his demeanor toward fans seemed to again project the image that he was tired of the whole project. The album flopped, especially in America, and considering that they couldn't even sell out arenas for a "Greatest Hits" tour in 2006, why would they possibly think that they could sell out arenas in support of an album that tanked?

The guys may decide to remain together as a band and keep making music, maybe even tour Europe again, or decide to head back to Japan. But a US tour looks about as likely as a Pink Floyd reunion--complete with Syd Barrett and Rick Wright.

Apologies for the sarcasm no offense intended - I just feel we need to try to be positive and not create a self fore filling prophecy.  After seeing Paul with Queen on the recent tour I wouldn't describe the performances as lethargic -they delivered what a wide range of fans wanted and would expect. Maybe they need to more closely consider which venues to pick for a US tour but they would be better prepared after the last one.

I suppose we can all keep speculating for the next few months - we'll just all have to wait and see.

Kilpat1 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 90 posts

Posted: 10 Dec 08, 23:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wouldnt it make sense to go out in the summer and do the ampitheatres?  Just an idea?

big queen fan in new york usa
Crazy LittleThing user not visiting Queenzone.com
Crazy LittleThing
Royalty: 1593 posts

Posted: 11 Dec 08, 01:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lester Burnham wrote:

Knowing Simmons' ego, the billing will be:

GENE SIMMONS + Queen + paul rodgers

GENE SIMMONS + Omarosa Manigault-Stallworth + Queen + paul rodgers

I saved Spike's life in 'Nam.
Ken8 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 344 posts

Posted: 12 Dec 08, 21:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Kilpat1 wrote:

Wouldnt it make sense to go out in the summer and do the ampitheatres?  Just an idea?

Not a very good one sadly if those ampitheatres are going to be half empty.

Posted: 13 Dec 08, 18:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

how do you know that ken if your in Australia?   If journey can sell out a load of ampitheatres with a new singer, why cant QPR do the same.  The promotion for a summer tour would be a lot easier as people like to go out side for the shows than a winter/spring tour.

thunderbolt 31742

Posted: 14 Dec 08, 20:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Kilpat1 wrote:

The promotion for a summer tour would be a lot easier as people like to go out side for the shows than a winter/spring tour.

You're assuming that they'll bother to promote the tour in the first place...

Posted: 14 Dec 08, 23:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

well in situations like ampitheatres, they do a great job(that is the venue) of promoting the line up of shows for the season.  Bethel Woods for example, where Woodstock  was held is a new venue, and they promote the lineup of shows they have in various places, so you know who is coming.  Seeing Journey draw 15,000 people there made me scratch my head.  I think the ampitheatre idea is the way to go for the summer.  I hope they are convinced to tour here.

Erin

Posted: 15 Dec 08, 10:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'd be surprised if they didn't come back, at all.  Summer, Fall.....I don't care when it is or even where it is in the US.  I'll go anywhere to see them.

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 15 Dec 08, 12:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Me too, Erin...

I do not want any google ads here.

Crazy LittleThing user not visiting Queenzone.com
Crazy LittleThing
Royalty: 1593 posts

Posted: 06 Jan 09, 20:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ken8 wrote:

Kilpat1 wrote:

Not a very good one sadly if those ampitheatres are going to be half empty.

Well if the amphitheatres are empty, that will be a good opportunity for the guys to break out 'Jazz Odyssey'.

I saved Spike's life in 'Nam.
Erin

Posted: 07 Jan 09, 11:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Crazy LittleThing wrote:

Well if the amphitheatres are empty, that will be a good opportunity for the guys to break out 'Jazz Odyssey'.

LOL!