Forums > Personal > Israel strikes Gaza, at least 280 palestinians are dead

forum rss feed
Author

Raf user not visiting Queenzone.com
Stop this noise!
Raf
Deity: 8274 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Dec 08, 09:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7801662.stm

Here we go... Again.


We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Universe rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin' to the mighty power of rock'n'roll!
Saif user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1109 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Dec 08, 10:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Get ready for the third intifada...



"only way to really know what the hell we are doing on this earth is through sacred plants and mushrooms." - Treasure Moment
JoxerTheDeityPirate user not visiting Queenzone.com
JoxerTheDeityPirate
Deity: 6272 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Dec 08, 04:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



poor Gaza,he's really had it tough this year :-p

oh,you mean the area where 'we bomb you in the name of peace' and no one will do anything coz the US is watching our backs.



what really gets my tits with this is that Israel play the ol' 'persecuted' card whenever it feels like it and then at the same time is just as bloody guilty of causing atrocities in Palestine.Give it a week or two and they will be bleating about Palestinians strapping dynamite behind their genitals and walking into market places and blowing themselves up in retaliation,it always bloody happens



and dont even get me started with that Condescending Rice womans little speech yesterday about telling Israel to aim 'little more to the left' so as not to hit civilians.too late woman they've already killed 274!
i swear she has been sitting next to Baby Bush for too long!

the rest of the world [including all the political parties here in the UK] have quite rightly condemned the actions of Israel but we know they wont listen.



ps,there was a big demo in London [outside the Israeli embassy] against the bombings of Gaza yesterday and the Israelis had a cheek to get the police to move them all as they were 'causing a disturbance'.i swear this bloody world gets more crazier by the day..




isnt innuendo an italian suppository?

im gonna ride the wild wind!

its_a_hard_life wrote:you nutcase you rule!

joxer replies: but in a nice way :-]

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Dec 08, 10:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Israel is the 51st US state.  Watch, as they get away with firing missiles under the influence of blindfolds.

I'm glad no one takes my posts seriously or I'd be getting flamed after this.



"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6256 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Dec 08, 11:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm with you. I have nothing against Jews or the state of Israel, but I do sure object to the bunch of motherfuckers running the place. As for Hamas, they're definitely scum, and nothing more, which means that both the Israeli and Palestinian people are stuck with bellicose morons for leaders, who are themselves too cowardly to take a step out of the door without an elite regiment of Rangers to watch their backs, but see no problem in bravely risking and sacrificing *other people's* lives. As usual, it's the innocent that are stuck between both fires, while a small minority (the Colonists and their supporters in Israel, the militarists in both Hamas and Fatah) works very hard to make life as difficult as possible. And sadly, most people will believe the propaganda messages 'their' side gives.

I'm for sending a UN peacekeeping force to the Middle East, from countries neutral to both Israel and the Palestinians, so preferably countries where Judaism, Christianity and Islam play a very limited role (Ghana, Japan and Vietnam come to mind).



Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Dec 08, 12:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

On Christmas Eve, Hamas militants fired more than 65 rockets into southern Israel on Wednesday -- four days after a cease-fire officially ended..

I'm sure those rockets had jingly bells and red felt and brought joy to the boys and girls of southern Israel.  How dare Israel attack the spots from where they were fired!!!

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Dec 08, 12:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Micrówave wrote:

On Christmas Eve, Hamas militants fired more than 65 rockets into southern Israel on Wednesday -- four days after a cease-fire officially ended..


I'm surprised it took 4 days!






"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
AspiringPhilosophe user not visiting Queenzone.com
AspiringPhilosophe
Royalty: 1711 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Dec 08, 17:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Zebonka12 wrote:

Israel is the 51st US state.  Watch, as they get away with firing missiles under the influence of blindfolds.

I'm glad no one takes my posts seriously or I'd be getting flamed after this.





Nope...the 51st state is either Canada or the UK, depending on who you ask.  *laughs* 

As for this...what is there to say?  Israeli's are just as guilty as the terrorists they are going after, but they play the "feel bad for us!  We were nearly destroyed!" card every single damn thing.  I'd like to think the guilt trip thing will only work for so long, but it's worked for the Jews for centuries...and that was before Hitler and the establishment of the state of Israel. 

I'd love the US government to step away from Israel and tell them they are on their own, but it will never happen. 




Formerly MHG
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Dec 08, 00:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A guy on a lecture tour through Australia about six years ago was on the radio trying to convince Australians that we should become a US state.
His biggest selling point?  We'd get to take part in NFL and Baseball.

*shrug*  I'd rather shoot myself.



"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
JoxerTheDeityPirate user not visiting Queenzone.com
JoxerTheDeityPirate
Deity: 6272 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Dec 08, 05:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

curious to see whether Israel will pay any attention to what the rest of the world is saying though.
even the new UN bloke who used to be a UK grafitti artist ,Banksy Moon,is coming down hard on them.



isnt innuendo an italian suppository?

im gonna ride the wild wind!

its_a_hard_life wrote:you nutcase you rule!

joxer replies: but in a nice way :-]

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6256 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Dec 08, 06:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Micrówave wrote:

On Christmas Eve, Hamas militants fired more than 65 rockets into southern Israel on Wednesday -- four days after a cease-fire officially ended..

I'm sure those rockets had jingly bells and red felt and brought joy to the boys and girls of southern Israel.  How dare Israel attack the spots from where they were fired!!!

Yes, after cutting off all funds, medical supplies, food, gas and electricity for months, it is so totally justified for Israel to kill well over 300 people, most of whom are innocent civilians, after no less than FOUR Israelis were killed in rocket strikes. Christ, you are one fucked up piece of shit.





Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

Raf user not visiting Queenzone.com
Stop this noise!
Raf
Deity: 8274 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Dec 08, 07:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The missiles incident was certainly unacceptable, no country should allow such a thing... But, as usual, Israel has overreacted.

Bombing the whole place will only kill civilians, give Hamas yet another excuse to send more missiles, pick up fights with other terrorist groups (Hezbollah, for example...) and make Israel even more impopular.


We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Universe rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin' to the mighty power of rock'n'roll!
thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6256 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Dec 08, 07:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The problem is that the people in charge of both sides are militarists, who want nothing more than a fight. Just like many Hamas-cronies are aching for an intifada, scores of Colonists can't wait to abuse, maim and kill as many Palestinians as they can get to. I just hope the camcorders handed out to Palestinians are still being used...



Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Dec 08, 12:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



ThomasQuinn wrote:



 



Micrówave wrote:



On Christmas Eve, Hamas militants fired more than 65 rockets into southern Israel on Wednesday -- four days after a cease-fire officially ended..

I'm sure those rockets had jingly bells and red felt and brought joy to the boys and girls of southern Israel.  How dare Israel attack the spots from where they were fired!!!


Yes, after cutting off all funds, medical supplies, food, gas and electricity for months, it is so totally justified for Israel to kill well over 300 people, most of whom are innocent civilians, after no less than FOUR Israelis were killed in rocket strikes. Christ, you are one fucked up piece of shit.



YOUCH!

Sorry, Thomas Hamas Quinn, didn't know you took ONE SIDE so personally!!! 

Sometimes, you really are an ignorant a-hole, but it's cool.

I'm now with TQ.  Let's kill all the Israelis.  (for cutting off all funds)  How dare they cut off funds from Hamas.  Hamas needs funds, like TQ implies.  There are operations that they need to carry out that require rocket propelled grenades.  But they would never hurt innocent civilians.

Who's the fucked up piece of shit?  Wake up, dutch boy.  Both sides are killing each other.

magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Dec 08, 12:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



 



Micrówave wrote:



 Both sides are killing each other.


And will continue to do so until some wisdom is applied. This tit-for-tat crap has gone on for decades and yet the situation remains volatile. I would never give Hamas right in this but if Israel is the 'civilized' society here, their prime minister shouldn't be calling this a "battle to the end". Their predictable caveman-like response does not come close to solving the problems but rather raises tensions in the region even more. Instead of a constant escalation of violence, isn't it time they show some escalated intelligence? Surely there has to be someone in the Israeli government who is looking for a solution, not revenge or one-upmanship. 



"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury



SomebodyWhoLoves user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 842 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Dec 08, 18:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The situation is hopeless and sad. There are no winners here. Everyone is a LOSER with a capital L.






My Melancholy Blues user not visiting Queenzone.com
My Melancholy Blues
Royalty: 1039 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Dec 08, 21:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote


I like many kinds of world music, especially the one of the middle east. For example, sometimes I listen to an Iranian female singer and some other day a Lebanese femal singer, etc. etc.... My interest in such music jenre has led me to more interest in the histories and the situations of nowadays of those areas. And  I'm also a fan of Ofra Haza who was a popular Israeli singer and died of AIDS in 2000. She was Yemenite-Jewish and in her earlier career she appealed to people by the songs inspired by Yemenite tradition. Her love and interest of it somehow bridged the divide between Israel and the Arab countries.
After she succeeded worldwide, she sang many impressing songs apealing for the peace of the world. Of all her songs, particularly I was so impressed by the one titled "The Middle East" referring to the conflict between Israel and Palestina. Everytime I listen to the song I feel so sad to realize that the things haven't changed for the better since the days when she sang it.



The Middle East

In my Promised Land
In the Middle East
What will we do about terrorism?
In my Promised Land
In the Middle East
What can we do about fanaticism?
You and I on parallel lines
You and I, we are the key
Dreams are not enough
To lead and guide us
To peace
In the Middle East
Oh, oh, oh...
In the Middle East
Oh, oh, oh...
Desire for peace
Such yearning for peace
Does your country do
What you believe in?
In my Land there is war
And we're losing our soul
And ideology
Is losing meaning
You and I on parallel lines
You and I, when can we meet?
Dreams are not enough
To lead and guide us
To peace
In the Middle East
Oh, oh, oh...
In the Middle East
Oh, oh, oh...

SHOLEM SHOLEM
WEEN SHOLEM
SHOLEM SHOLEM
WEN ESSALAM
SHOLEM SHOLEM
WEEN SHOLEM
SALAM

You and I on parallel lines
You and I, we are the key
Dreams are not enough
To lead and guide us
To peace
In the Middle East
Oh, oh, oh...
WEN ESSALAM?
Oh, oh, oh...
In the Middle East

Flare lights, flowers, mothers, fathers,
Homeland, green fields and tears
Borders, rivers, desert, Dead Sea
We are the key
Flare lights, flowers, mothers, fathers,
Homeland, green fields and tears
Borders, rivers, desert, Dead Sea
When can we meet?

YERUSHALAYM
YERUSHALEM
Oh, oh, oh...
In the Middle East
Oh, oh, oh...
In the Middle East



Je vais bien.

Estoy bien.
AspiringPhilosophe user not visiting Queenzone.com
AspiringPhilosophe
Royalty: 1711 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Dec 08, 23:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I sometimes wonder how much the Cult of Victimhood plays into the problems in the Middle East.  Here is what I mean: 

Jews have been being killed for centuries.  When plagues ran through villages in Europe in the Middle Ages, it was the Jews who were accused of "Poisoning the Wells", and were run out of town (at best) and slaughtered (at worst).  That was before Hitler and the Holocaust tried to wipe them all out.  Out of guilt, Britain and France decide to evict all the Palestinians from their land and give the land to the Jews, to ease their conscious at not letting all of them into their countries during the years of Hitler.  As a result of these centuries of attacks on them, the Jews adopt the victimhood mentality.  And, for the most part, the outside world lets them get away with it because being anti-Jewish means you are inherently evil because you should feel sorry for them for all they've gone through.

But in the eviction of the Palestinians from their land and the staunch refusal to let them have a state of their own, we give the Palestinians a feeling of being oppressed.  Israel cuts off their money, restricts travel, shuts down electricity and water supplies when it feels like it, and every once in a while decides that no one is going to leave the borders of their area, even to go to work.  Not to mention, every once in a while the Israeli army decides to move into their neighborhood, evict everyone by force and thereby expand the size of the Israeli state.  Add to that the terrorist actions of Israel (who respond to 4 missles fired by militants by trying to blow the Gaza Strip to smithereens) and the fact the most of the world looks away at what Israel does to them, and voila!  The Palestinians are now victims, as well.    

So now what do we have?  Two people fighting each other.  Both of them see themselves as being Victims; Victims of the other, and Victims of the world at large.  Therefore, their anger and any actions they commit are justified in their own head as the righteous acts of Victims against Oppressors. 

Is it possible to inject reason into this situation and defuse the anger when both sides are almost genetically convinced that they are Victims? 



Formerly MHG
thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6256 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 31 Dec 08, 04:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote







Micrówave wrote:



















ThomasQuinn wrote:



























 















Micrówave wrote:















On Christmas Eve, Hamas militants fired more than 65 rockets into southern Israel on Wednesday -- four days after a cease-fire officially ended..

I'm sure those rockets had jingly bells and red felt and brought joy to the boys and girls of southern Israel.  How dare Israel attack the spots from where they were fired!!!














Yes, after cutting off all funds, medical supplies, food, gas and electricity for months, it is so totally justified for Israel to kill well over 300 people, most of whom are innocent civilians, after no less than FOUR Israelis were killed in rocket strikes. Christ, you are one fucked up piece of shit.



YOUCH!

Sorry, Thomas Hamas Quinn, didn't know you took ONE SIDE so personally!!! 

Sometimes, you really are an ignorant a-hole, but it's cool.

I'm now with TQ.  Let's kill all the Israelis.  (for cutting off all funds)  How dare they cut off funds from Hamas.  Hamas needs funds, like TQ implies.  There are operations that they need to carry out that require rocket propelled grenades.  But they would never hurt innocent civilians.

Who's the fucked up piece of shit?  Wake up, dutch boy.  Both sides are killing each other.


Wow, are you too stupid to even *read* now?

If you'd have bothered to read my posts, instead of going straight for your fanatical I-support-the-America-Israeli-Cooperative-Enterprise speech, you'd have read that I condemn both Hamas AND militant Israelis for being terrorists. The difference being that Israel now rejects *any* attempts at mediation, and still pretends to be a legal, constitutional and liberal state. They're obviously not, under present leadership. What I said about Hamas still stands: religious fanatics (like the colonists, by the way), who are not the least bit sensible but who are, probably for the worse, but still, the LEGAL GOVERNMENT. Now, if you think Israel is justified in murdering the population of Gaza, as you obviously are, I suggest we hang you, as the theory needed to justify that would put you in strict accordance, excluding anti-Semitism, with the defending parties in the Nurenberg trials.

The interesting part in your post is that you fail to read my criticism of Palestinian leadership, then call me a Hamas-supporter (and if you'd have done that in real life, ignorant little fuck, I wouldn't hesitate before suing you for defamation), and go on to give a *propaganda speech* which is so one-sided that the word "absolute" is insufficient to denote your allegiance to the criminals in charge of the Israeli government today.

Do you honestly think I'd be calling for a UN peacekeeping force if I were a Hamas-fan? Are you truly that stupid?



Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6256 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 31 Dec 08, 04:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



AspiringPhilosophe wrote:

I sometimes wonder how much the Cult of Victimhood plays into the problems in the Middle East.  Here is what I mean: 

Jews have been being killed for centuries.  When plagues ran through villages in Europe in the Middle Ages, it was the Jews who were accused of "Poisoning the Wells", and were run out of town (at best) and slaughtered (at worst).  That was before Hitler and the Holocaust tried to wipe them all out.  Out of guilt, Britain and France decide to evict all the Palestinians from their land and give the land to the Jews, to ease their conscious at not letting all of them into their countries during the years of Hitler.  As a result of these centuries of attacks on them, the Jews adopt the victimhood mentality.  And, for the most part, the outside world lets them get away with it because being anti-Jewish means you are inherently evil because you should feel sorry for them for all they've gone through.

But in the eviction of the Palestinians from their land and the staunch refusal to let them have a state of their own, we give the Palestinians a feeling of being oppressed.  Israel cuts off their money, restricts travel, shuts down electricity and water supplies when it feels like it, and every once in a while decides that no one is going to leave the borders of their area, even to go to work.  Not to mention, every once in a while the Israeli army decides to move into their neighborhood, evict everyone by force and thereby expand the size of the Israeli state.  Add to that the terrorist actions of Israel (who respond to 4 missles fired by militants by trying to blow the Gaza Strip to smithereens) and the fact the most of the world looks away at what Israel does to them, and voila!  The Palestinians are now victims, as well.    

So now what do we have?  Two people fighting each other.  Both of them see themselves as being Victims; Victims of the other, and Victims of the world at large.  Therefore, their anger and any actions they commit are justified in their own head as the righteous acts of Victims against Oppressors. 

Is it possible to inject reason into this situation and defuse the anger when both sides are almost genetically convinced that they are Victims? 

Isrealis =/= Jews

Many, if not most, Jews throughout the world do not support Israel's policy; orthodox Jews even consider the state of Israel sacrilegious (according to the Old Testament, the Jews would return to Israel *after* the Messiah's arrival).



Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus