Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Tell me your feelings about Rock The Cosmos gig

forum rss feed
Author

Valentine '90 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 221 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Jan 09, 09:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Hi,



Some of you have visited the last tour show



Tell your feelings of being there, remarkable moments, something most unbelievable



maybe it was the opening song, or something like sadness when Brian broke '39, maybe something remarkable they sad during the show or unusual lights



everything will be interesting



This is my story,



Sadly, I haven't been on any show due to my shedule



I have only one chance to catch them in Ukraine (where I have spent a short holidays) , but I thought it will be dangerous for my life and stuff (so mad and poor country)



My sister studing in London, but she cares only for The Rolling Stones



But I really hope to visit US gig in 2009




Yes, We'll keep on smiling
L-R-TIGER1994 user not visiting Queenzone.com
member of the Royal Family
L-R-TIGER1994
Deity: 3652 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Jan 09, 09:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Highlights Love of my Life a very special tribute to Freddie,glad to see Las Palabras de Amor in its full length and to be at the most amazing show in my opinion of course(Buenos Aires)with the most enthusiastic crow and biggest attendance(not counting the free concert at Ukraine).


Heap big woman you made an asshole outta me....gimme your bums and ride!!!!!!
david (galashiels) user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2020 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Jan 09, 12:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SECC.highlight of the night=being there.most memorable part=my kids faces when it started.perfect.

gaston08 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 1 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Jan 09, 12:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote















Valentine '90 wrote:































Hi,















































Some of you have visited the last tour show















































Tell your feelings of being there, remarkable moments, something most unbelievable















































maybe it was the opening song, or something like sadness when Brian broke '39, maybe something remarkable they sad during the show or unusual lights















































everything will be interesting















































This is my story,















































Sadly, I haven't been on any show due to my shedule















































I have only one chance to catch them in Ukraine (where I have spent a short holidays) , but I thought it will be dangerous for my life and stuff (so mad and poor country)















































My sister studing in London, but she cares only for The Rolling Stones















































But I really hope to visit US gig in 2009






























I think Buenos Aires and Chile were the best gigs. Full in energy, emotion and people’s cohesion. But I feel the low point in those shows were the stage and lighting they used, that were designed for arenas than stadiums, so it wasn’t good enough for people who were far from the stage like in the sides, they couldn’t watch the big screen behind Roger, and it was a little dark (the lights have nothing to do with Kharkov). Plus I think it wasn’t like in the Queens’ old stadiums nights during the 80’s when in FWBF or WATC the lights of the stadium itself were turned on and you could see all the people there raised hands. That’s just anecdotic, because you could enjoyed the same.  

Highlight for my, was IWTBF, AOBTD, 39 and Under pressure in Buenos Aires.





masterstroke_84 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 542 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Jan 09, 12:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote


I was in Santiago and Buenos Aires too, and both shows were perfect, but I think Chile was a little better... perfomance, more energy, they sounded better and the lights also worked better for me (I was in front of the b stage, front row, the 2 gigs)... the people in buenos aires (including me hehe) were VERY euforic, and Brian have to ask for "a little calma" hahaha... I still feel the pressure of the people behind me, and the ache in my chest lasted for a few days.. it was insane and the expressions in their faces in several parts of the night talk for themselves.

One of the highlights for me was A kind of magic, not only because Roger´s singing, but also the Brian solo... sssshiiiit it was perfect, perfect-note solo, one of the best I´ve heard from him in my 15 years as a fan... incredible... and Roger´s drum roll in the middle kicked asses too...

The question is: What wasn´t a highlight?? hehehe...

They are amazing... I hope we got them one more time on tour.

Cheers.



Queen rocks!
Drummer imense! user not visiting Queenzone.com
Drummer imense!
Bohemian: 267 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Jan 09, 16:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian breaking a string at the pivitol moment of Last Horizon in Cardiff. Really great gig that was!



I'm not a river or a giant bird, that soars to the sea, an if i'm never tied to anything i'll never be free!
jeffuk49 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 432 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Jan 09, 05:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Al Murray at the O2 the hotdogs from the o2 nah the whole concert was good but lacked the spark from 2005/6 tour now that tour was fab

Vali user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vali
Deity: 2053 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Jan 09, 07:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote


the musical performance was much better than in 2005 ... especially Roger (the best), and Brian too (compare Last Horizon from one tour to another); some really great performances showing the conjunction of the band (being Bad Company my fave moment in terms of playing quality); and I also enjoyed very much the new songs from TCR, Roger´s solo, Bijou ....

but ... yes; I believe the spark of 2005 was lacking, I felt Paul was even more displaced (wich I regret) and I really missed a new-fresh-innovative setlist as a result of , what it seems, a poor tour rehearsal.

The ticket prices were much higher than in 2005 and I saw 2/3 of the same show in 2008. I´m really tired of TYMD as a semi-opener; I´m tired of Fat Bottomed Girls, Bites The Dust, Break Free, Radio Ga Ga, Last Horizon (but ... yes, now I´ve assumed this is what the "general audience" wants to listen) ....

Ok, I won´t dare requesting classic "rarities" such as Long Away, Tenement Funster, etc .... but don´t you think they could have dropped some of the above songs and play Now I´m Here, Keep Yourself Alive or Who Wants To Live Forever instead ?

Why dropping One Vision or Shooting Star? And I was expecting Under Pressure ...pleeaaaaaase .... isn´t it one of your greatest hits? why only play it in USA ´06 and now only in Argentina and Brazil ?

And I was very embarrased to see Freddie again on screen during Bo Rhap. Why did they do it? wasn´it your rendition to him on the previous tour? ok, now you´ve introduced a new rendition during Bijou, wich is even much emotive to me and most of the fans ... why then having him on screen again a couple of songs later? I´m sorry, but as an - I think - objective Queen fan, I think this was very disrespectful towards Paul ... but not for the general audience, I know.  

And the opening of the shows .... great with One Vision, amazing with Surf´s Up and .... disastrous with half Hammer To Fall ..... Ok, just my point of view as per my musical tastes. I´m sure many of you will not agree with me.

And last but not least, and this is a feeling that could englobe everything I´ve mentioned above:

we´ve recently learnt from GB that QPL doesn´t care too much of the fan base (as we know them) desires, but the general audience ... as per the recent Singles Box Set release.

Then, it is suposed that the attendance at your shows is based on your loyal fan base in its majority ... you can check the attendance figures from 2005 to 2008 ... the attendance in 2008 was lower, wich makes me think that this time you had a majority of your diehard fans amongst the audiences.

In such case ... why didn´t the band offer a "very different show" for the fans this time ? why are you reapeating almost the same greatests-hits setlist, oriented to the general audience of 2005?

That´s it .. just my two .. well, twenty-five cents :)

many of you may agree; many of you not
cheers
Vali



Bring out the charge of the love brigade
L-R-TIGER1994 user not visiting Queenzone.com
member of the Royal Family
L-R-TIGER1994
Deity: 3652 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Jan 09, 10:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well what did you expect?a full concert only with TCR tracks on it?you know that the attendances would have been much lower,they say it´s a new band but if they don´t take Queen greatest hits it wouldn´t be the same.
And they show Freddie on the screen during Bo-Rhap in my opinion simply because PR couldn´t sing it,he already ruined The Show Must Go On,so I was very pleased NOT to listen him on that master piece(or at least only listen to it at the end of the song).Anyway I enjoyed the show a lot Roger is a genious Brian is a God The Red Special a trademark on Queen shows PR hmmmmm.....



Heap big woman you made an asshole outta me....gimme your bums and ride!!!!!!
Mercury 90 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mercury 90
Bohemian: 167 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Jan 09, 18:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was at the Berlin gig

The best things for me were:

Surfs Up... School Out as opener (one vision is cool. and hammer to fall is not a good idea I think)
 that they played Warboys and not We Believe , as I think It's the second best song on the new album (the best is surfs up.... Schools out)

and having Radio GaGa and A Kind Of Magic In a full version sung by Paul, because I think he sings it better than roger


And The other great thing was, to get the memories from the brian may gig 1998 in berlin back^^


Keep Yourself Alive

TheWrist user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 161 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Jan 09, 21:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



masterstroke_84 wrote:


I was in Santiago and Buenos Aires too, and both shows were perfect, but I think Chile was a little better... perfomance, more energy, they sounded better and the lights also worked better for me (I was in front of the b stage, front row, the 2 gigs)... the people in buenos aires (including me hehe) were VERY euforic, and Brian have to ask for "a little calma" hahaha... I still feel the pressure of the people behind me, and the ache in my chest lasted for a few days.. it was insane and the expressions in their faces in several parts of the night talk for themselves.

One of the highlights for me was A kind of magic, not only because Roger´s singing, but also the Brian solo... sssshiiiit it was perfect, perfect-note solo, one of the best I´ve heard from him in my 15 years as a fan... incredible... and Roger´s drum roll in the middle kicked asses too...

The question is: What wasn´t a highlight?? hehehe...

They are amazing... I hope we got them one more time on tour.

Cheers.

The beginning was better in Chile than in Argentina. The first chord before hammer to fall was simply amazing in Chile but in Argentina wasn't so accurate.








Zodiacal_light user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 118 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Jan 09, 15:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fantastic and at the same time, emotional show. Although as i've said before, what the hell is going on with the sound levels? Gone, it would seem, are the days where you were blown away with the massive volume. In Glasgow , although the sound quality was excellent, it was pitifully low level.

jeffuk49 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 432 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Jan 09, 15:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Zodiacal_light wrote:

Fantastic and at the same time, emotional show. Although as i've said before, what the hell is going on with the sound levels? Gone, it would seem, are the days where you were blown away with the massive volume. In Glasgow , although the sound quality was excellent, it was pitifully low level.


lol i thought must have been me at the O2 the ears not as good as they were, nowt like your ears ringing for days after






Zodiacal_light user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 118 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Jan 09, 16:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Jeff.







Some might find it irrelevant, but when the itro started i couldnt believe it. This was a QUEEN gig, and here i was Talking to the company i was in as queen came on stage!!!   What ??? .  In 1984 you had to use sign language



MmP user not visiting Queenzone.com
I like HotSpace FunIt &Delilah
MmP
Champion: 85 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Jan 09, 07:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It was a good show overall (Im trying to take out my emotions as a fan and talk directly about the concert)...
I think that Freddie's appiarences during the show are just enough as you would expect. It's great seeing they leave space for him.
The best song was Bijou to me, but I think it's more of a personal feeling. I consider a great idea having Freddie on  video during the vocals.

What I partially disagree were some of the song selection, as someone said above I'd love to have some rarities as Tenement Funster or Long Away or those kind of songs...maybe (at least for now) they have to play all the hits, that's what people expects I guess...

I wouldn't have started with HTF either, I don't think it's a great opener for the show: It's a good booster for the people but as for the show, I'd play fast WWRY or even One Vision or Tear it up.

I don't agree with some of Paul's songs coming after great hits suchs as BoRap, some of the were just moment killers for the show when the audience was ready to explode.




I have a man-crush on Brian's solo on Delilah
pow wow user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 423 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Jan 09, 05:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



jeffuk49 wrote:



 



Zodiacal_light wrote:



Fantastic and at the same time, emotional show. Although as i've said before, what the hell is going on with the sound levels? Gone, it would seem, are the days where you were blown away with the massive volume. In Glasgow , although the sound quality was excellent, it was pitifully low level.



lol i thought must have been me at the O2 the ears not as good as they were, nowt like your ears ringing for days after





I thought exactly the same!!  I remember seeing Oasis early 90's and Roger on his Happiness tour and was almost deaf for a few days after.  I bet some kind and Health and Safety bollocks has been introduced somewhere along the line.  Was it the same for non UK gigs?









"....you don't get that on X-Factor do you"
Mercury 90 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mercury 90
Bohemian: 167 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Feb 09, 13:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



pow wow wrote:



 



jeffuk49 wrote:



 



 



 



 



Zodiacal_light wrote:



 



Fantastic and at the same time, emotional show. Although as i've said before, what the hell is going on with the sound levels? Gone, it would seem, are the days where you were blown away with the massive volume. In Glasgow , although the sound quality was excellent, it was pitifully low level.



 



lol i thought must have been me at the O2 the ears not as good as they were, nowt like your ears ringing for days after





I thought exactly the same!!  I remember seeing Oasis early 90's and Roger on his Happiness tour and was almost deaf for a few days after.  I bet some kind and Health and Safety bollocks has been introduced somewhere along the line.  Was it the same for non UK gigs?








In Berlin it was very loud, almost to loud, actually it was so loud, that you couldn't here the audience sing We will rock you, or clapping along to the chorus of radio gaga my ears rang for almost 2 weeks


But I heard, many people complained about it, maby that's why they had put the volume down during the tour!

I personally think It's just great if the band comes on stage and they just blow you away with their volume!







Keep Yourself Alive

Arnaldo "Ogre-" Silveira user not visiting Queenzone.com
Arnaldo
Deity: 2258 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Feb 09, 23:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Buenos Aires was a dream, with the sound somewhat loud (some distortion on the bass sounds sometimes) and the guitar sounding very high in the mix. The band kicked ass, looking amazed with the audience, which was increible. :)

Rio de Janeiro had the sound waaay too low and the guitar was just missing from the mix. They fixed it to some extent in the middle of the gig. 

Both occasions were fantastic and being with so many good friends just made it absolutelly unforgettable.

Cheers,

Ogre-


Keep Passing the Open Windows
timl user not visiting Queenzone.com
timl
Rocker: 20 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Feb 09, 09:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Birmingham Was So Fantasic For Me First Ever Queen Concert Up Front Waiting Outside All Day Talking To Many People (inc. Cesar Bareibino i think thts how you spell it who i brought a new ticket off after i lost mine so thank you)
The concert was erm... FANTASIC sound levels lacked abit but it was brilliant Fat Bottom Girls  brian broke a string Drum Solo roger lost a drum stick etc just brilliant gods at there best

for those who were waiting outside i was the one walking round playing queen


Make The Most Out Of Life

---------------------------------------

46664

---------------------------------------
dragon-fly user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 600 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Feb 09, 10:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

In fact, I'm from Ukraine. But I left the country before announsment about a concert. Besides, I took a job with a little hope to visit their show in Berlin (you never know...).  And I did. I have got my dream. It was first time I saw them. It was great, but without Freddie... So for me Love Of My Life, Bijou, Bohemian Rhapsody were very special. But Queen without him a bit like a shadow... He was a heart of Queen. 
And honestly saying I wish they could be more loud (so I wouldn't hear fan's yelling behind me), and it would be better to take standing place as well.
Excuse me, but it was stupid what you did. You were there and didn't go to the consert! It's the mess in Ukraine now, but nobody would eat you!