Forums > Personal > Russian Analyst thinks US will split

forum rss feed
Author

AspiringPhilosophe user not visiting Queenzone.com
AspiringPhilosophe
Royalty: 1711 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jan 09, 11:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was happy I found this article this morning.  It's always good to start the day with a good laugh!  Opinions? 

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28477607

Formerly MHG
Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 03 Jan 09, 11:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Russian state-media celebrity" and "hardly a day goes by without another interview or two". Joel Garreau thinks so. I have no idea who is Igor Panarin and have never heard or read interviews with him though I live in Russia, watch TV and read newspapers.

Sergei. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Impresario, still
Sergei.
Deity: 4682 posts

Posted: 03 Jan 09, 11:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

(DAMN THIS OBNOXIOUS ARROW) Hahah. Doofus. And he predicts it will happen so soon, too---It took like six centuries for the Byzantine Empire to fall and the fellow expects the United States to be broken up by June/July of next year? xD

DO YO HOMEWORK, IGOR

Back whenever
JoxerTheDeityPirate user not visiting Queenzone.com
JoxerTheDeityPirate
Deity: 6272 posts

Posted: 03 Jan 09, 15:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

its only splitting up so the US can have its own version of Eurovision :-]
ps,if it does split up i reckon the UK should reclaim it as its rightful property and auction it off to the highest bidder or Canada

isnt innuendo an italian suppository?

im gonna ride the wild wind!

its_a_hard_life wrote:you nutcase you rule!

joxer replies: but in a nice way :-]

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4707 posts

Posted: 03 Jan 09, 16:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

JoxerTheDeityPirate wrote:

ps,if it does split up i reckon the UK should reclaim it as its rightful property and auction it off to the highest bidder or Canada

Entirely agree. If it wasn't for the fact that most of the British navy was in the channel defending against the thieving French, then the American colonies would still be British. Deep down, Americans know they owe their independence to the French. Therefore, I would reckon they'll welcome being taken back into Albion's womb. What do you think American chumleys? We have Dr Who, Indian food, Man Utd and Mad Cow Disease: tempted?

ps we also have Scotland but they'll be gone soon enough thankfully, so even more reason to join us.

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
April user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 440 posts

Posted: 03 Jan 09, 17:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Serry... wrote:

"Russian state-media celebrity" and "hardly a day goes by without another interview or two". Joel Garreau thinks so. I have no idea who is Igor Panarin and have never heard or read interviews with him though I live in Russia, watch TV and read newspapers.

I confirm what Serry said. This is nonsense. Nobody has ever heard of the guy.
But I`ve heard that one famous fortune-teller said that the 43 (?), or the current president would be dark-skinned and that he would be a weak president, wouldn`t cope with the financial crisis. After that the US states would want to govern themselves absolutely independently and would break away from the federal government and create sovereign countries. That`s the forecast or prediction.

JoxerTheDeityPirate

Posted: 03 Jan 09, 18:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote:

Entirely agree. If it wasn't for the fact that most of the British navy was in the channel defending against the thieving French, then the American colonies would still be British. Deep down, Americans know they owe their independence to the French. Therefore, I would reckon they'll welcome being taken back into Albion's womb. What do you think American chumleys? We have Dr Who, Indian food, Man Utd and Mad Cow Disease: tempted?

ps we also have Scotland but they'll be gone soon enough thankfully, so even more reason to join us.

ssh,keep it under your hat but the yanks already own Man Utd,perhaps they will go bust and end up below Luton Town in the league? *crosses fingers in hope*
plus also theres that 'skirt wearing Jock' ru[i]nning the country in number 10 as it is so the Scots are in control of the English parliament [which doesnt seem fair to me]
but the fact we have a nice piece of water between us and the 'cheese eating onion breath garlic wearing horse killing surrender monkies' must work in our favour when trying to tempt the colonial cousins to be under our rule once more and think of all the cheap tea we will have to drink...  :-]

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6257 posts

Posted: 04 Jan 09, 07:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

AspiringPhilosophe wrote:

I was happy I found this article this morning.  It's always good to start the day with a good laugh!  Opinions? 

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28477607

I never knew CNN.com was a comedy site until I saw the video of the interview with this guy a few days ago.

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

AspiringPhilosophe

Posted: 04 Jan 09, 22:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Whether or not this guy is as famous as he is made out to be...it's hilarious!!  And pretty bloody obvious the guy has never been to the US.  Ever. 

South Carolina and New York bed buddies with Europe?  They can't even get along between the two of them!  And South Carolina, I'm pretty sure, would rather die than join the European Union.  It was South Carolina who seceded first in the Civil War.  Not to mention the Viriginias, etc....that's confederate flag waving, tobacco chewing, overall wearing country there. 

Louisiana going to Mexico?  I'm pretty sure they'd rather go to France, given their strong French heritage. 

And Kansas/Iowa/North and South Dakota and the rest of the midwest going to Canada?  I'd PAY to see that!! 

*Goes off to learn "Oh Canada"*

Formerly MHG

Posted: 05 Jan 09, 01:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Whether or not this guy is as famous as he is made out to be...it's hilarious!!"

All those "celebrity", "interviews", "KGB-trained" makes the whole article less credible from the beginning. You won't bother yourself to read interview of unknown Russian analyst, but since he's state-media celebrity and KGB-trained, well, that's another case...

thomasquinn 32989

Posted: 05 Jan 09, 06:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

South Carolina and New York bed buddies with Europe?  They can't even get along between the two of them!  And South Carolina, I'm pretty sure, would rather die than join the European Union.  It was South Carolina who seceded first in the Civil War.  Not to mention the Viriginias, etc....that's confederate flag waving, tobacco chewing, overall wearing country there. 

Ah, but we have a similarity there, then: New York City wanted to secede, too. And since about half the state's population lives in NYC nowadays, they might actually win the referendum for secession, should they try again. South Carolina and Georgia would probably be all for seceding, but joining the EU? Not unless it stands for Evangelical Union.

AspiringPhilosophe

Posted: 05 Jan 09, 21:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Serry... wrote:

"Whether or not this guy is as famous as he is made out to be...it's hilarious!!"

All those "celebrity", "interviews", "KGB-trained" makes the whole article less credible from the beginning. You won't bother yourself to read interview of unknown Russian analyst, but since he's state-media celebrity and KGB-trained, well, that's another case...

Uh...yeah.  It's called sarcasm.  Thus why I pointed out the article for a laugh.  There was never a moment in time where I took this guy seriously. 

However, your implication is a bit troubling.  Of course, what I should be asking you is how exactly I could "not bother to read interview of unknown Russian analyst".  One cannot study what is unknown to it; only after knowledge of it's existence can it be read or studied.  I'm not good enough to read things that I don't know exist by people I don't know exist.  Therefore, why would you assume that I could read an interview by someone I don't know exists? 

Formerly MHG
JoxerTheDeityPirate

Posted: 06 Jan 09, 04:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Serry... wrote:

Uh...yeah.  It's called sarcasm.  Thus why I pointed out the article for a laugh.  There was never a moment in time where I took this guy seriously. 

However, your implication is a bit troubling.  Of course, what I should be asking you is how exactly I could "not bother to read interview of unknown Russian analyst".  One cannot study what is unknown to it; only after knowledge of it's existence can it be read or studied.  I'm not good enough to read things that I don't know exist by people I don't know exist.  Therefore, why would you assume that I could read an interview by someone I don't know exists? 

thats Vulcan logic if ever i read it lol
im gonna have to start calling you Spock me thinks :-]

thomasquinn 32989

Posted: 06 Jan 09, 04:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Serry... wrote:

thats Vulcan logic if ever i read it lol
im gonna have to start calling you Spock me thinks :-]

It also happens to be a sound logical deduction.

Posted: 06 Jan 09, 09:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"There was never a moment in time where I took this guy seriously."

I'm not talking about this guy, I'm talking about the guy who wrote the article - about that guy. It's more than obvious that using of "state media celebrity" and "KGB-trained" was made to make opinion of Mr Panarin more funny and idiotic ("Ha ha ha, this is what state media of Russia gives to its viewers, ha ha hah, those KGB-trained guys are so dumb"). The cheap propaganda trick. I'm sorry if word "unknown" was incorrect, English is not my native language.

Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts

Posted: 06 Jan 09, 11:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"South Carolina and New York bed buddies with Europe?  They can't even get along between the two of them!  And South Carolina, I'm pretty sure, would rather die than join the European Union.  It was South Carolina who seceded first in the Civil War." 

Ya damn straight!  Hold on to yer Confederate dollars.  The South will rise again! 

And if you think there aren't really people like this here....  Two of my mom's neighbors have rebel flags flying in their yards.  She lives waaay out in the country, though.

thomasquinn 32989

Posted: 06 Jan 09, 12:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

South Carolina State House still flies the Battle Flag, Alabama's flag is based on the same Rebel flag, as is Florida's, Georgia had it explicitly in the flag until 2001 and Mississippi still does. Hell, for all I know, they might be arming already, what with a black president about to be inaugurated...;P

Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts

Posted: 06 Jan 09, 15:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ThomasQuinn wrote:

South Carolina State House still flies the Battle Flag, Alabama's flag is based on the same Rebel flag, as is Florida's, Georgia had it explicitly in the flag until 2001 and Mississippi still does. Hell, for all I know, they might be arming already, what with a black president about to be inaugurated...;P

Hey..SC has made progress...  They took the Rebel flag from on top the Statehouse and placed it by the the Confederate Soldier Monument on the grounds.  It's so much less conspicuous this way. ;-)

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 06 Jan 09, 18:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Blue States Vs Red States

They should just rename this country to The Divided States of America.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
AspiringPhilosophe

Posted: 06 Jan 09, 18:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LOL...no worries Serry. 

And Joxer....if you DARE to start calling me after Star Trek I WILL find a way to get back over there for the express purpose of kicking your butt from one end of Porthleven to the other! 

Of course, if you want South Carolina and such (as Erin pointed out) as part of Europe...PLEASE take them!  You'd be doing the rest of us a favor!   LOL

Just kidding of course!  *winks*

Formerly MHG