Forums > Queen - General Discussion > TM- These are the days remix

forum rss feed
Author

Treasure Moment user not visiting Queenzone.com
Treasure Moment
Deity: 3413 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Jan 09, 19:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My brother did a remix and put some things on the original these are the days of our lives, check it out if you want

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_pfoWaIrfU&feature=channel_page


Freddie Mercury is God

TREASURE MOMENT: Continuing QUEENs footsteps

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

Major Tom user not visiting Queenzone.com
S.D.M.F
Major Tom
Bohemian: 878 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Jan 09, 20:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Let me be the first to say: Congratulations!

You have managed to find the worst picture of Freddie.

Also let me be the first to say: Congratulations!

This song is AWESOME, but wait! NAAAH, you almost had me there!

Seriously, you brother has some skills with the piano, I give him that.
You´ve turned into a coverband, great!


It´s better to burn out than to fade away.
Treasure Moment user not visiting Queenzone.com
Treasure Moment
Deity: 3413 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Jan 09, 00:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



 



Dr. Pepper(The Spiceman) wrote:



Let me be the first to say: Congratulations!

You have managed to find the worst picture of Freddie.

Also let me be the first to say: Congratulations!

This song is AWESOME, but wait! NAAAH, you almost had me there!

Seriously, you brother has some skills with the piano, I give him that.
You´ve turned into a coverband, great!


I like that pic and no we arent a cover band, its the original song with added stuff.







Freddie Mercury is God

TREASURE MOMENT: Continuing QUEENs footsteps

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Jan 09, 00:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Decent.
Needs less strings, I think.

And this technically a fan cover in a way, not a remix at all. Remix would have to include re-arranging the original itself in terms of mixing.
This isn't far off from all those other YouTube fan (guitar / bass / drum) covers.

I'll give too, your brother did some good piano work here. I didn't like the piano overpowering the guitar solo however.

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Jan 09, 00:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

By the way, and let's be serious here, when do you guys plan to announce some new original rock-based material? (particularly songs that aren't piano-driven EuroPop material)


Vali user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vali
Deity: 2053 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Jan 09, 03:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



inu-liger wrote:

. I didn't like the piano overpowering the guitar solo however.


totally agree on that







Bring out the charge of the love brigade
Major Tom user not visiting Queenzone.com
S.D.M.F
Major Tom
Bohemian: 878 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Jan 09, 05:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes it´s acually nice. Really. But, as Inu and Vali mentioned, I also find the lack of Brian to be a little...disturbing.


It´s better to burn out than to fade away.
inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Jan 09, 06:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hmm! If you add &fmt=18 to the link, the stereo version keeps the keyboards in the middle, so we're able to hear Brian a bit better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_pfoWaIrfU&fmt=18


thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6256 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Jan 09, 07:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The additional piano provides absolutely nothing apart from a slight thickening of the orchestration, as it does nothing except copy the vocal lines, and thus distract from them, and give the occasional flurry of harmony where, again, nothing is provided that wasn't in the original arrangement.

Also, the piano is poorly mixed in, as it is eq-ed badly: too much high end, too little mid range (it should have been mixed to support the synthesizers, not to overtake the vocals).

All in all, I think this is a pretty poor effort, but better than usual TM level, mostly because it is mercifully covered up by a good Queen song.



Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Jan 09, 11:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We, the collective sheep of Queenzone, are giving musical advice to TM.

Isn't that like trying to teach Jesus to waterski?

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6256 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Jan 09, 13:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Micrówave wrote:

We, the collective sheep of Queenzone, are giving musical advice to TM.

Isn't that like trying to teach Jesus to waterski?

Yes. And nobody can say we haven't tried.








Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

Treasure Moment user not visiting Queenzone.com
Treasure Moment
Deity: 3413 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Jan 09, 14:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



inu-liger wrote:

Decent.
Needs less strings, I think.

And this technically a fan cover in a way, not a remix at all. Remix would have to include re-arranging the original itself in terms of mixing.
This isn't far off from all those other YouTube fan (guitar / bass / drum) covers.

I'll give too, your brother did some good piano work here. I didn't like the piano overpowering the guitar solo however.


Well i didnt know what to call it so i called it a remix since there are some new stuff added to the song.







Freddie Mercury is God

TREASURE MOMENT: Continuing QUEENs footsteps

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

Treasure Moment user not visiting Queenzone.com
Treasure Moment
Deity: 3413 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Jan 09, 14:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



inu-liger wrote:

By the way, and let's be serious here, when do you guys plan to announce some new original rock-based material? (particularly songs that aren't piano-driven EuroPop material)

Most of the songs are piano/synth driven because most of the songs are written on the piano and then the guitar is added on but we have songs that are guitar driven too.








Freddie Mercury is God

TREASURE MOMENT: Continuing QUEENs footsteps

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

Treasure Moment user not visiting Queenzone.com
Treasure Moment
Deity: 3413 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Jan 09, 14:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



ThomasQuinn wrote:

The additional piano provides absolutely nothing apart from a slight thickening of the orchestration, as it does nothing except copy the vocal lines, and thus distract from them, and give the occasional flurry of harmony where, again, nothing is provided that wasn't in the original arrangement.

Also, the piano is poorly mixed in, as it is eq-ed badly: too much high end, too little mid range (it should have been mixed to support the synthesizers, not to overtake the vocals).

All in all, I think this is a pretty poor effort, but better than usual TM level, mostly because it is mercifully covered up by a good Queen song.

Well thomas as you would know by now i dont care what people think we should do or not do, i just shared the song, not waiting for advices as we already know ourselves if its good or not or if it needs something more or not, we are musicians and know what we are doing and the song is just fine as it is.

Of course most of it is thickening the song because we felt that the instrumentation on the original song wasnt thick and it needed that for the song to be stronger but there are some new things other than that added,  you mean the piano melody on the solo is nothing new?

Keep complaining about our songs, you should know by now that i dont give a damn what you or anyone else talking shit about us think and giving us "advices"









Freddie Mercury is God

TREASURE MOMENT: Continuing QUEENs footsteps

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

Treasure Moment user not visiting Queenzone.com
Treasure Moment
Deity: 3413 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Jan 09, 14:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



ThomasQuinn wrote:



 



Micrówave wrote:



We, the collective sheep of Queenzone, are giving musical advice to TM.

Isn't that like trying to teach Jesus to waterski?


Yes. And nobody can say we haven't tried.







As i said, we are musicians and we know what we are doing and dont need people picking on our music.







Freddie Mercury is God

TREASURE MOMENT: Continuing QUEENs footsteps

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Jan 09, 21:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Treasure Moment wrote:



 



ThomasQuinn wrote:



The additional piano provides absolutely nothing apart from a slight thickening of the orchestration, as it does nothing except copy the vocal lines, and thus distract from them, and give the occasional flurry of harmony where, again, nothing is provided that wasn't in the original arrangement.

Also, the piano is poorly mixed in, as it is eq-ed badly: too much high end, too little mid range (it should have been mixed to support the synthesizers, not to overtake the vocals).

All in all, I think this is a pretty poor effort, but better than usual TM level, mostly because it is mercifully covered up by a good Queen song.


Well thomas as you would know by now i dont care what people think we should do or not do, i just shared the song, not waiting for advices as we already know ourselves if its good or not or if it needs something more or not, we are musicians and know what we are doing and the song is just fine as it is.


That's been quite obvious for a long time

Of course most of it is thickening the song because we felt that the instrumentation on the original song wasnt thick and it needed that for the song to be stronger but there are some new things other than that added,  you mean the piano melody on the solo is nothing new?

Keep complaining about our songs, you should know by now that i dont give a damn what you or anyone else talking shit about us think and giving us "advices"

With that attitude, you're seriously never going to get anywhere as a musician or as a band.
These advices are, when we're not joking around, actually constructive criticism, which we DO try from time to time to give to you guys so that you can learn from your experiences and mistakes, and learn to get better as musicians and as a band.

Honestly, if I never listened to my bandmates, family and friends when they suggested, requested or told me to do things differently in order to provide a better style of performance not only for their benefit, but my own as well, I would not be in the band now, nor any other band for that matter (and Edmonton has a pretty well-connected local music scene, so word spreads fast when need be)

I'm honestly flabbergasted that you would brush off even any minute suggestions even when in the positive!
Where do you get off being so damn brash?

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Jan 09, 21:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Treasure Moment wrote:



 



ThomasQuinn wrote:



 



 



 



 



Micrówave wrote:



 



We, the collective sheep of Queenzone, are giving musical advice to TM.

Isn't that like trying to teach Jesus to waterski?



 


Yes. And nobody can say we haven't tried.


As i said, we are musicians and we know what we are doing and dont need people picking on our music.

It would help to reduce your music being picked on if you didn't take an up-yours attitude towards us, claiming your band is the best ever, we're all sheep, etc. etc. ... same old bullshit

If you would admit your wrongdoings and make an about-face, there IS a chance you'll be forgiven and eventually taken seriously. And I'm not joking when I say this.

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Jan 09, 21:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



 



Treasure Moment wrote:



 



 



 



 



inu-liger wrote:



 



By the way, and let's be serious here, when do you guys plan to announce some new original rock-based material? (particularly songs that aren't piano-driven EuroPop material)



 


Most of the songs are piano/synth driven because most of the songs are written on the piano and then the guitar is added on but we have songs that are guitar driven too.

Then why the delay in putting out even new demos with that guitar driven material?

Honestly, you should make it a goal to produce and put out more music in this new year, whether or not you and Max perform as TM in the style of BM/RT as Queen (if rumours that Milidrag quitting are true).
I would be willing to extend an olive branch in helping produce drum tracks even, and bass too.

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6256 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Jan 09, 08:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



inu-liger wrote:







Treasure Moment wrote:











 







ThomasQuinn wrote:







 











 







 







 







Micrówave wrote:







 







We, the collective sheep of Queenzone, are giving musical advice to TM.

Isn't that like trying to teach Jesus to waterski?







 






Yes. And nobody can say we haven't tried.


As i said, we are musicians and we know what we are doing and dont need people picking on our music.

It would help to reduce your music being picked on if you didn't take an up-yours attitude towards us, claiming your band is the best ever, we're all sheep, etc. etc. ... same old bullshit

If you would admit your wrongdoings and make an about-face, there IS a chance you'll be forgiven and eventually taken seriously. And I'm not joking when I say this.

It would also help tremendously if they stopped recording two-chord vamps and calling those "songs". TM seems to believe that a harmonic structure devoid of anything else makes a song.



Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

Treasure Moment user not visiting Queenzone.com
Treasure Moment
Deity: 3413 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Jan 09, 11:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



ThomasQuinn wrote:



 



inu-liger wrote:



 



 



 



 



Treasure Moment wrote:



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



ThomasQuinn wrote:



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



Micrówave wrote:



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



We, the collective sheep of Queenzone, are giving musical advice to TM.

Isn't that like trying to teach Jesus to waterski?



 



 



 



 



 



 



 


Yes. And nobody can say we haven't tried.


As i said, we are musicians and we know what we are doing and dont need people picking on our music.

It would help to reduce your music being picked on if you didn't take an up-yours attitude towards us, claiming your band is the best ever, we're all sheep, etc. etc. ... same old bullshit

If you would admit your wrongdoings and make an about-face, there IS a chance you'll be forgiven and eventually taken seriously. And I'm not joking when I say this.

It would also help tremendously if they stopped recording two-chord vamps and calling those "songs". TM seems to believe that a harmonic structure devoid of anything else makes a song.




shut up already, you would never in your life be capable of writing stuff we do, you know nothing about music :)





Freddie Mercury is God

TREASURE MOMENT: Continuing QUEENs footsteps

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463