Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > Announce:- Roger Taylor Olympic Theme 1988?

forum rss feed
Author

A Word In Your Ear user is on Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1787 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Jan 09, 19:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi All, 
       This track is going around as "Roger Taylor 1988 olympic theme."
     I have heard Brian May's unused 1988 olympic theme, but to be honest I have not heard of Roger doing a version. Just a quick question, is this real or just a fan made track?  There seams to be samples of "Killing Time" in there.

http://rapidshare.com/files/180880690/Roger_Taylor_olympic_theme_1988.flac

Can anyone shed some light?




Joyful the sound
rocktheflash user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 199 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Jan 09, 23:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hi,
here are infos what i know:
This track is very rare, and is reported to sound like a cross
between the extended intro to 'Strange Frontier' and 'Vultan's
Theme', as well as other tracks from 'Flash Gordon'. It is
apparently a very strong track, dominated by drums (as you
would expect), and also features John on bass.

someone here who can upload the *long* version?




you don't want to heare it?...if you don't wanna here it,fucking go home!

F.Mercury-28.04.82 Frankfurt/Main

Q.Konzerts:79-80-82-84-2005
Wilki Amieva user not visiting Queenzone.com
We must all HEAR to believe
Wilki Amieva
Royalty: 1421 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Jan 09, 12:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

...Straight from YouTube. If it's fake, it's well done. Anyway, it steals heavily from Son Of Star Fleet.

oh-ja user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 225 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Jan 09, 14:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Wilki Amieva wrote:

...Straight from YouTube. If it's fake, it's well done. Anyway, it steals heavily from Son Of Star Fleet.






nonsense


on the way since jazz ...
L-R-TIGER1994 user not visiting Queenzone.com
member of the Royal Family
L-R-TIGER1994
Deity: 3652 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Jan 09, 19:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Both Brian and Roger were approached (individually) by Thames Television to produce the theme music for their coverage of the 1988 Olympic Games. However, neither of the pieces were used, as music by Eric Clapton was chosen instead.  

Rog track is dominated by drums as you would expect, and sounds like elements from the extended intro to 'Strange Frontier'. It's a very strong track and features John on bass. This track is officially unreleased, however a 2:06 excerpt is available,the full length of the song is 4:30.



Heap big woman you made an asshole outta me....gimme your bums and ride!!!!!!
brians wig user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2237 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Jan 09, 19:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well 2.06 minutes of the track being available is news to me and I've been collecting Queen for 20 years.

So. Is what "word in your ear" uploaded the real deal or what?

A Word In Your Ear user is on Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1787 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Jan 09, 21:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi I have just googled it. "Roger Taylor Olympic 1988 theme"  seems to me more people believe it to be true on their websites.  I hope the full version surfaces :-)


Joyful the sound
oh-ja user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 225 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Jan 09, 07:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



brians wig wrote:

Well 2.06 minutes of the track being available is news to me and I've been collecting Queen for 20 years.

So. Is what "word in your ear" uploaded the real deal or what?






all cited information has been available at least at ultimatequeen.co.uk for several years.
for my ears it's a real roger track - and i've been listening to and analyzing (as a musician myself) queen music for some thirty years.


on the way since jazz ...
pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10072 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Jan 09, 10:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No idea if it's real or not, but thanks a lot for this share


face-it-alone user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 61 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Jan 09, 15:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



brians wig wrote:

Well 2.06 minutes of the track being available is news to me and I've been collecting Queen for 20 years.

So. Is what "word in your ear" uploaded the real deal or what?

It is the real deal! Compared it with mine -> same, only slightly faster. My source -> mastertape.







L-R-TIGER1994 user not visiting Queenzone.com
member of the Royal Family
L-R-TIGER1994
Deity: 3652 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Jan 09, 19:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Very nice track.


Heap big woman you made an asshole outta me....gimme your bums and ride!!!!!!
inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Jan 09, 23:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm surprised, going by the upload date, that this went unnoticed for barely over a year!

Then again, I've found some nice surprises even among non-Queen-related things I also listen to or watch on YouTube, even well after the fact!
(I wish YouTube will offer a feature, even if through a paid account upgrade, to download the master files that the YouTube quality encodes are sourced from, someday. YouTube otherwise adds a whole new angle of complications to collectors really, sometimes in a piss-take sort of way)

It sounds pretty good, and some parts do seem lifted from Strange Frontier's songs (especially Killing You), but in a seemingly authentic way rather than a poorly-made fake fan mix.


face-it-alone, since you say your source comes from the mastertape, am I safe in assuming you have either a better-than-YouTube quality MP3 or even a lossless FLAC copy, whether it's complete or not?

face-it-alone user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 61 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Jan 09, 04:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



inu-liger wrote:

face-it-alone, since you say your source comes from the mastertape, am I safe in assuming you have either a better-than-YouTube quality MP3 or even a lossless FLAC copy, whether it's complete or not?


Yes (lossless), and no, I won't share. I don't share on Queenzone, too hostile! Tried before to share the Reaction tracks (but I got too much bad comments).



Bye.



L-R-TIGER1994 user not visiting Queenzone.com
member of the Royal Family
L-R-TIGER1994
Deity: 3652 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Jan 09, 07:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well this is the new QZ with high standards and good quality...let´s see how many want to share things....


Heap big woman you made an asshole outta me....gimme your bums and ride!!!!!!
inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Jan 09, 22:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



face-it-alone wrote:







inu-liger wrote:



face-it-alone, since you say your source comes from the mastertape, am I safe in assuming you have either a better-than-YouTube quality MP3 or even a lossless FLAC copy, whether it's complete or not?







Yes (lossless), and no, I won't share. I don't share on Queenzone, too hostile! Tried before to share the Reaction tracks (but I got too much bad comments).







Bye.






It's only as hostile as you posers continue to make it.


Ale Solan user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sod off.
Ale Solan
Deity: 8973 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Jan 09, 10:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



inu-liger wrote:







face-it-alone wrote:



















inu-liger wrote:







face-it-alone, since you say your source comes from the mastertape, am I safe in assuming you have either a better-than-YouTube quality MP3 or even a lossless FLAC copy, whether it's complete or not?



















Yes (lossless), and no, I won't share. I don't share on Queenzone, too hostile! Tried before to share the Reaction tracks (but I got too much bad comments).















Bye.














It's only as hostile as you posers continue to make it.