Forums > Personal > Sleep paralysis, most terrifying thing EVER!

forum rss feed
Author

Treasure Moment user not visiting Queenzone.com
Treasure Moment
Deity: 3413 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Jan 09, 00:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ive just recently been experiencing sleep paralysis, its the most terrifying thing ever and i hope none of you experience this! its got to the point that it makes me not want to sleep. I wake up paralyzed and cant move or talk but i can see and there is this incredibly intense buzz in my head. I looked it up on the net and even more terrifying is that other people encounter evil entities during this. Alot of people seem to experience the same thing. Just look at this and imagine if this happened to you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4c0o9L_21c

Freddie Mercury is God

TREASURE MOMENT: Continuing QUEENs footsteps

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

StoneColdClassicQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
I need a haircut.
StoneColdClassicQueen
Bohemian: 775 posts

Posted: 10 Jan 09, 00:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've heard of that before...
I remember there was a supposed haunted place and that there was a "ghost" that sat on you and made you sorta glued to your bed. Turns out it was sleep paralysis due to the lack of oxygen in the area or something like that
You should get that checked out.

"When you make love to someone, use a condom."-Brian May

Paul Rodgers is Chuck Norris.
Treasure Moment

Posted: 10 Jan 09, 01:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

StoneColdClassicQueen wrote:

I've heard of that before...
I remember there was a supposed haunted place and that there was a "ghost" that sat on you and made you sorta glued to your bed. Turns out it was sleep paralysis due to the lack of oxygen in the area or something like that
You should get that checked out.

trust me its the most horrifying feeling ever and it has happened to me 2 times now in a short period, the latest one just yesterday. Luckily i havent experienced any "entities" but i did get the feeling that something was touching my body, really weird stuff!

Freddie Mercury is God

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

steven 35638 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Band ten hut!
steven 35638
Deity: 2132 posts

Posted: 10 Jan 09, 01:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've had my fair share of sleep paralysis.  Indeed, it's not a wonderful experience, but it's nothing out of the ordinary.  It's perfectly normal and can happen to anyone.  Basically, the person wakes up during REM (Rapid Eye Movement), which is one of the stages during sleep.  During REM, your body is paralyzed to help prevent you from hurting yourself.  Dreaming occurs during REM, so that might explain for your hallucinations.  Several things can trigure sleep paralysis.  Two obvious causes might be increased stress and change in lifestyle.  More interestingly, however, is that you're more likely to experience it if you lay on your back while sleeping.  Taking several naps, depriving yourself of sleep, and even sleeping in can cause it as well.  So, if you want to avoid it from happening again, I suggest taking notice of the aforementioned causes.  If and when it happens again, it really helps to simply close your eyes and fall back asleep.  Keep in mind that the weird occurences you may see or feel are unreal.  In fact, sleep paralysis has helped explain for many of the stories about people being carried out of their windows and being tested by aliens.

"Fuck today, it's tomorrow." - Freddie Mercury
Treasure Moment

Posted: 10 Jan 09, 01:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Steven wrote:

I've had my fair share of sleep paralysis.  Indeed, it's not a wonderful experience, but it's nothing out of the ordinary.  It's perfectly normal and can happen to anyone.  Basically, the person wakes up during REM (Rapid Eye Movement), which is one of the stages during sleep.  During REM, your body is paralyzed to help prevent you from hurting yourself.  Dreaming occurs during REM, so that might explain for your hallucinations.  Several things can trigure sleep paralysis.  Two obvious causes might be increased stress and change in lifestyle.  More interestingly, however, is that you're more likely to experience it if you lay on your back while sleeping.  Taking several naps, depriving yourself of sleep, and even sleeping in can cause it as well.  So, if you want to avoid it from happening again, I suggest taking notice of the aforementioned causes.  If and when it happens again, it really helps to simply close your eyes and fall back asleep.  Keep in mind that the weird occurences you may see or feel are unreal.  In fact, sleep paralysis has helped explain for many of the stories about people being carried out of their windows and being tested by aliens.

thanks! but what if these things that happen are real but in another realm? why would all these people experience the same things? specially the alien abduction

Freddie Mercury is God

***Marial-B*** user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mrs. Meijer
***Marial-B***
Deity: 2285 posts

Posted: 10 Jan 09, 04:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Maybe they're trying to stop you for making horrible music xD

Barcelona, October 22nd 2008
YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 10 Jan 09, 04:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If aliens abduct people they must be so much more advanced, their knowledge and technologies must outsmart the humans on a large scale.  If that Is the case I wonder why they always abduct unemployed weirdoes with no real education to study mankind and never a nobel prize winner or a math professor. Something is definitely wrong here.

I do not want any google ads here.

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6257 posts

Posted: 10 Jan 09, 06:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Maybe they decided that the idiotic way mankind acts will be better understood by vivisection on idiots than on college professors?

Anyway, it's obvious that TM was browsing around on dubious sites again, found an equally dubious youtube film on sleep paralysis, and decided he'd like to have that, too.

Honestly, if all the weirdness TM claims he's experienced was true, he'd have been in the loony bin already. Mind you, I'm not saying he shouldn't be!

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts

Posted: 10 Jan 09, 07:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ThomasQuinn wrote:

Maybe they decided that the idiotic way mankind acts will be better understood by vivisection on idiots than on college professors?

Anyway, it's obvious that TM was browsing around on dubious sites again, found an equally dubious youtube film on sleep paralysis, and decided he'd like to have that, too.

Honestly, if all the weirdness TM claims he's experienced was true, he'd have been in the loony bin already. Mind you, I'm not saying he shouldn't be!

He was looking for the Pleasure Moment videos. FACT

Killed by drones.
Treasure Moment

Posted: 10 Jan 09, 09:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YourValentine wrote:

If aliens abduct people they must be so much more advanced, their knowledge and technologies must outsmart the humans on a large scale.  If that Is the case I wonder why they always abduct unemployed weirdoes with no real education to study mankind and never a nobel prize winner or a math professor. Something is definitely wrong here.

what does education=programming for a job and employment= slavery, have to do with human value? you arent too bright if you think that has something to do with a persons intelligence.

Freddie Mercury is God

Treasure Moment

Posted: 10 Jan 09, 09:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ThomasQuinn wrote:

keep making fun of it, this thing is damn real! maybe you get to experience it one day and trust me you wont be laughing.

Freddie Mercury is God

steven 35638 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Band ten hut!
steven 35638
Deity: 2132 posts

Posted: 10 Jan 09, 10:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Treasure Moment wrote:

Steven wrote:

thanks! but what if these things that happen are real but in another realm? why would all these people experience the same things? specially the alien abduction

Firstly, I want to say that you're crazy for even considering your hallucinations are from another realm -- but truth be told, I can't totally dismiss the possibility.  I will say, however, that the chances are highly unlikely since dreams (which explain for hallucinations during sleep paralysis) have a purpose.  Our brains can't just be turned off while sleeping, so what do they do while we sleep?  Some say that unsolved problems are trying to be solved during dreams.  They might not be quite literal answers to problems, sometimes we have to look deeper behind the meaning of our dreams -- like symbolism, for example.  But at any rate, hallucinations, I assure you, occur during sleep paralysis simply because you're still in a dreamlike state.  Therefore, I sincerely doubt the idea of another realm.  To answer your other question, I suppose we're all human beings sharing many of the same stresses.  Therefore, many of us experience similar if not identical hallucinations. 

"Fuck today, it's tomorrow." - Freddie Mercury
thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6257 posts

Posted: 10 Jan 09, 11:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Treasure Moment wrote:

ThomasQuinn wrote:

keep making fun of it, this thing is damn real! maybe you get to experience it one day and trust me you wont be laughing.

Should it ever happen to me I would indeed not be laughing, if only for the simple fact that I would be unable to move the muscles in my face due to (you guessed it) sleep paralysis. Since I am perfectly aware of the phenomenon, however, odds are I might not be too scared and just go back to sleep.

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

oh-ja user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 225 posts

Posted: 10 Jan 09, 17:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Treasure Moment wrote:

I wake up paralyzed and cant move or talk but i can see and there is this incredibly intense buzz in my head

and, unfortunately, you seem to be able to use the keyboard ... drugs are no good for young sick people.

on the way since jazz ...
Treasure Moment

Posted: 10 Jan 09, 18:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

oh-ja wrote:

Treasure Moment wrote:

I wake up paralyzed and cant move or talk but i can see and there is this incredibly intense buzz in my head

and, unfortunately, you seem to be able to use the keyboard ... drugs are no good for young sick people.

what are you talking about drugs? this has nothing to do with drugs! this is a common thing happening to many people, dont talk out of your ass before KNOWING what you are talking about! sleep paralysis happenes to everyone when they sleep so they dont hurt themselves while dreaming, the difference in my case is that i woke up in it while my body was still paralyzed, others are in sleep the whole time, you are one stupid creature!

Freddie Mercury is God

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4707 posts

Posted: 10 Jan 09, 18:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I value my nap time. If anyone was to wake me up while I was sleeping I would unleash hell.

Don't say you haven't been warned.

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
Treasure Moment

Posted: 10 Jan 09, 19:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote:

I value my nap time. If anyone was to wake me up while I was sleeping I would unleash hell.

hah, you cant do shit when paralyzed, if anything you would piss your pants.

Freddie Mercury is God

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 10 Jan 09, 21:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Treasure Moment wrote:

Holly2003 wrote:

hah, you cant do shit when paralyzed, if anything you would piss your pants.

And how would you know this? ;-)

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 10 Jan 09, 21:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YourValentine wrote:

Very good point! :-)
I never considered that...

Marcos Napier user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 622 posts

Posted: 10 Jan 09, 21:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is called "reverse catalepsy".